Pregnant after IF

No response to meds?

The past two cycles I responded quickly to femara and menopur. By day 10 I had a mature follicle. This time the doctor increased my menopur dose to recruit more follicles. Day 10 check and NOTHING! My biggest follicle was a 4.5 which is basically how they look at the beginning of the cycle. With the expense of menopur, I kind of just want to cancel, but they said to try 3 more days and come back. Anyone experience this and/or saw growth late in the cycle?

Thanks so much. 

Re: No response to meds?

• NurseTMD85NurseTMD85 member
    edited July 2016
    I never took either of those medications, but when I was on clomid I took I sometimes didn't have a mature follie until day 13. I would give it the 3 days and see what happens. Maybe your doc can change your medication regimen for next cycle. Sorry I can't be of more help. Good luck to you!
    Me: 31 / DH: 32
    Married 10/14/2011
    TTC since 11/2011
    DX: unexplained infertility

1st IUI 12/23/15 Clomid + Ovidrel - Beta 1/8/16 BFN
    2nd IUI 1/22/16 Clomid + Ovidrel - Beta 2/8/16 BFN
    3rd IUI 2/27/16 Clomid + Ovidrel - Beta 3/15/16 BFN
    4th IUI 3/27/16 Clomid + Ovidrel - Beta 4/11/16 BFN
    5th IUI 4/26/16 Clomid + Ovidrel - Beta 5/11/16 BFN
    *****TRIGGER*****
    6th and final IUI 5/27/16 Clomid + Ovidrel - BFP!!!
    1st Beta on 6/8/16 @ 12piui: 22; 2nd Beta 6/10/16 84.4; 3rd Beta 6/13/16 300; 4th Beta 6/16/16 1168; 5th and final beta 6/20/16 4188
    1st U/S 6/23/16 - Two babies! One measuring 6w1d with a visible heartbeat!!! The other is measuring small and isn't likely to make it
    2nd U/S 7/5/16 - Baby #2 didn't make it :cry: Baby #1 is measuring right on schedule and has a FHR of 143!!
    3rd US 7/15/16 - Baby #1 right on schedule! FHR 168!!! Discharged from RE!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had a slow start with my first IUI, they changed the doses and suddenly things happened.
    I was on gonal-f, so different meds and they hadn't tried it me before..so might not be of any help.
    Just try to keep having faith, a lot can happen in 3 days!
    GL I keep my FX

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks all. Ugh. I went for day 13 ultrasound and I now have 12 follicles between 7 and 10 mm. I don't get why this cycle is so different from all my others. If I were doing IVF this wouldn't be a concern, but for IUI it is! 
  • I noticed every cycle was different @runfast. It is indeed frustrating, but you'll get there in the end. Just try to stay positive.
    What are the doctors planning to do? Have they given you a game plan?

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• I just got the call that I could cancel or try 2 more days of meds. What happens if you cancel before ovulating? How do you get your period? I am so tired of all the delays, it's such a struggle to wait and wait and wait. Thanks so much for your response. I'm trying to stay positive!
  • If you cancel you will get your period on your normal time, give or take a few days. I always stayed very punctual even on meds.
    Even though stopping this month and not try is one of the hardest part to do, you don't want to have a dreadful TWW for a almost definit BFN. 
    So when you try two more days, and it still didn't work, then try to let this month be what it is, and get going next month.
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you