March 2017 Moms
Options

Any vegetarians out there?

All that talk of BLTs on the other thread have me craving a fake bacon BLT  :p Anyone else here a vegetarian? I'm looking for some new meal ideas, especially lunch. My PB&J isn't going to cut it anymore
Me: 32 DH: 33
Type 1 Diabetic
DS: Born 2/18/17
TTC #2: Jan. 2018 BFP: 3/27/18 EDD: 12/6/18

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Any vegetarians out there?

• Options
    JDMRSJDMRS member
    @mittenlove86 I am a vegetarian. but I have no meal ideas currently/ I have only been able to keep down ice cubes, lemon water and plain english muffins for about 8 days now. 
  • Options
    MollyandDMollyandD member
    edited July 2016
    Me! I have recently fallen in love with a fajita pasta dish I found on Facebook. It calls for chicken, but I just leave that out. It's amazing. I'll try to find the video, but for now I can try to explain my way of doing it. 

Chop 3 bell peppers, red, yellow, and green (colors don't matter- just makes it interesting)
    Chop 1 yellow onion
    Cook chopped veggies with olive oil
    Add and stir the following:
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp pepper
    1 tbsp chili powder
    1 tbsp cumin
    1 tbsp garlic powder
    5 cups of milk (I use 4 cups of almond milk when I make it)
    4 cups of penne pasta (I've used gluten free or whole wheat just to try something new from time to time)
    Cook till pasta is soft
    add 1 cup pepper jack cheese (I don't add the cheese when I make it, and it's still fantastic)

ETA video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yrWJ2-fUw98
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh, and for a quick and easy lunch, I fall back on pizza bagels. Super easy, but not creative at all. I put marinara and cheese on a bagel and pop in the oven at 350 for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. 
  • Options
    That pasta looks amazing! I absolutely love pasta, but I'm trying to steer away from it because of all the carbs (I'm diabetic). Lunches are trickier for me because I don't have access to an oven. Some days I even have to eat my lunch while I'm driving between offices. That's why I try to stick to sandwiches of some kind. 
    Me: 32 DH: 33
    Type 1 Diabetic
    DS: Born 2/18/17
    TTC #2: Jan. 2018 BFP: 3/27/18 EDD: 12/6/18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    BunBun member
    I am, though I eat a bit of fish and am open to eating some organic meat during pregnancy. I'm craving beans a lot. A nice been salad with mixed beans and fresh veggies and herbs. Also quinoa with greens and other veggies are great. Also check out the recipe for the life changing loaf of bread online. You'll be grateful for making this, I promise!
  • Options
    BunBun member
    Also if you don't want sandwiches everyday make wraps or rice rolls! You can put anything in a rice roll. Wrap it up with a piece of nori for firmness.
  • Options
    @mittenlove86 if you want to avoid pasta, add more veggies and less milk. You could create your own version of something delicious. You could also add lentils for more protein. That reminds me. Somewhere, I have a great lentil soup recipe. 
  • Options
    vprodvprod member
    @Bun for some reason I never thought to make summer rolls. duh. what a great way to throw some veggies together! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a vegetarian!  When I got my BFP, I thought I was going to add some organic chicken to my diet, but so far, that doesn't seem to be happening very much.

What I AM loving is all things eggs.  I love sautéing some veggies and then scrambling eggs and cheese in around them.