June 2016 Moms

Recovery: when did you stop bleeding?

Tmi? Had a vaginal delivery. Doctor said should bleed for 10 days. Day 10 here and still bleeding. It's light, but it's existent. When did you stop?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Recovery: when did you stop bleeding?

• I almost posted about this too. Im 24 days pp and still have a very faint light brown discharge I keep thinking it's gotta be done but I still have to wear a panty liner. Also I had a vaginal delivery with an episiotomy.
  • I thought the doctor said it could go for 4-6 weeks.  Maybe not heavy bleeding but definitely spotting.  I plan to have panty liners around for a while.  We definitely make up for lost time with missing so many periods! 
  • Loading the player...
  • My midwife said it would last ~6 weeks, I'm 2 weeks out from vaginal delivery and can use panty liner at night now but feel better with a full sized pad during the day. The flow still varies based on how active I am. 
  • It can easily last for a month, although it shouldn't be heavy after the first week. 
    Each of my pp recoveries has been different. I'm 5 days pp now and the bleeding is so light it's almost gone. But when I'm more active I get more. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My midwife said it would last ~6 weeks, I'm 2 weeks out from vaginal delivery and can use panty liner at night now but feel better with a full sized pad during the day. The flow still varies based on how active I am. 

Also a little over 2 weeks pp and have light brown discharge.  At one point, when I thought it was slowing down I suddenly started up again bright red and big clots for like two days then down to this almost nothingness. I hope it goes away soon.
  • Yea, I was told it could be 4-6 weeks of recovery. I wore Depends the first week pp because I wanted the added security (husband just loved that look :p ). but have switched to my usual pads now that it's much lighter and I have control over my bladder.
  • Mine was very light about a week and a half pp but would increase with exercise. Now 12 days pp and just light brown discharge. Enough to wear a liner.
  • I'm 10 days PP, and still bleeding though it varies from very light spotting, to real bleeding with clots, especially after nursing.  With my previous two babies, I wasn't totally done with bleeding/spotting/discharge for a good month.  I'd say the "10 days" estimate might refer to heavy bleeding?  
  • alileecamalileecam member
    edited June 2016
    A month out and it's still enough sometimes that I wear at least a liner at all times. Vaginal delivery with second degree tear, FWIW. There have been a few times when I thought it was mostly done, and then it would get heavier or red again. I don't remember how long it lasted with my first. It's a minor annoyance now and I restocked my pantiliners today.
    TTC#1 since May 2011

BFP #1 June 2011 m/c@6wks

BFP #2 December 2011, EDD 8/21/12, born 7/21/12 at 35w4d

BFP #3 October 6, 2015. WHAT???

• I'm 31 days pp and still have very light bleeding.  I had a vaginal delivery with a first degree tear.  My doc said up to 6 weeks.
    Me: 29
    The Mr.: 31
    EDD: 6/2/16
    Furbabies: 3 rescue dogs
  • I thought the doctor said it could go for 4-6 weeks.  Maybe not heavy bleeding but definitely spotting.  I plan to have panty liners around for a while.  We definitely make up for lost time with missing so many periods! 
    Yes! Idk why I thought 10 days!!!! Wishful thinking! Mine was so light yesterday but no so light today. I hoped it was gone!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Had my baby 5 weeks ago and still bleeding lightly. I only need a panty liner but it's definitely still present
  • So I had a c section so my experience may be different. I had heavy bleeding for just a couple days and then average to light bleeding for a week and then just brown spotting  for another week or so. I'm 3 1/2 weeks pp and stopped wearing a liner at 3 weeks. 

• almost a month pp. have been wearing a liner for about a week due to brown discharge, occasionally I will get a bit of blood. Can't wait for this to be over!!
  • So I had a c section so my experience may be different. I had heavy bleeding for just a couple days and then average to light bleeding for a week and then just brown spotting  for another week or so. I'm 3 1/2 weeks pp and stopped wearing a liner at 3 weeks. 
    From what I've been told by the dr when they do your section they try to clean you out as much as possible before they close up. This was my 2nd section this time a singleton (first c section twins) and this time bleeding is much lighter. Almost down to nothing, occasional brown spotting 17 days pp.
  • Bled for 4-5 days, spotting for the next 2 weeks
  • 8 days pp here. Down to light bleeding, mostly brown blood like at the very end of a period. Mine was a c-section and the incision is healing nicely. Still hurts like hell but powering thru it. How is everyone else washing their lady bits? I have the summers eve lady wash but have mostly been just rinsing with water bc i wasnt sure the best way to care for a post partum vajay. Im not dirty...but im just not back into my usual routine yet
    ~* Met Husband: July 26, 2009 <3Said Yes: July 26, 2010 <3Married:  September 10, 2011 <3Baby Due: June 17, 2016 *~

• I just stared bleeping again at 12 days pp. I stopped entirely at 10 days, but this morning I just started up again. Kind of heavily too. Ugh. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just stared bleeping again at 12 days pp. I stopped entirely at 10 days, but this morning I just started up again. Kind of heavily too. Ugh. 
    Mine randomly came back as well. My LO was born on the 10th. I figured maybe I was moving too much so I have been trying to take it easy this weekend.
  • @AOliveira11 I also had a c-section and was told not to use anything but water. Let the soap you use to wash your body kinda run down wherever it wants to go, but just water way down low.
  • 10 days? You sure the doc didn't say a minimum of 10 days? I bled for almost 7 weeks after my first. I'll be 3 weeks pp Tuesday and it's super light right now. I should be done in the next week or so.
    Me: 32, DH: 35
    Married to DH: 11-13-10
    DS #1: EDD: 9/25/12, Born 10-9-12
    DS #2: EDD: 6-19-16, Born 6-14-16
  • My OB said it would take quite awhile and that I should see an initial slow down, but that the heavier bleeding could come back as the remaining tissue sloughed away... She compared it to a scab coming off, the scab being where the placenta was attached.  She also mentioned that I may see larger clots at this time as well.
    Mine randomly came back as well. My LO was born on the 10th. I figured maybe I was moving too much so I have been trying to take it easy this weekend.
    I have only been having light bleeding for awhile but yesterday at 10 days PP I started having cramping, more vaginal pain and heavier bleeding. It's not heavy enough to call my doc but I think I was feeling so great I overdid it. DH goes back to work today so me and LO are going to just be home taking it very easy!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Hi ladies...I am only 4 days post partum..but was wondering thus as well. I had a vaginal birth.and episiotomy. It slowed down quite nicely at fire but started to be heavier again today. Did anyone notice.an increase when their milk came in? I also tried.gpijg for a short walk down the street and passed a.clot slightly.largee than a.golf ball. Sound normal?
  • This all sounds super normal especially during breast feeding since your body releases oxytocin which triggers let down and works to contact your uterus.
  • rakel88 said:
    @AOliveira11 I also had a c-section and was told not to use anything but water. Let the soap you use to wash your body kinda run down wherever it wants to go, but just water way down low.
    So far thats what ive been doing. I managed to shave a little bit of my lady parts today..just to start feeling somewhat normal...but i feel so gross and unclean without washing my whole body lol. I also feel like i bleed heavier after a hot shower...like its been so light and then i took a shower today and it was like day 2 of a period. 
    ~* Met Husband: July 26, 2009 <3Said Yes: July 26, 2010 <3Married:  September 10, 2011 <3Baby Due: June 17, 2016 *~

• @JuneBaby1984 my doctor told me that once I left the hospital if I passed any blood clots larger then ones I have during my period to call her. With my last son I pushed myself to soon afterwards and passed a large clot. I'm 4 weeks outs and my bleeding has stopped but if I do too much walking or run up and down the stairs my lady parts hurt. I really want to start exercising soon but I'm going to wait till my check up. I had 7 stitches which is the most I've gotten and this was my smallest baby, go figure!
  • 2 weeks pp tomorrow and I've got on and off bleeding/ discharge. Once I'm run out of these overnight pads I plan to go down a size. But I'm still in a lot of pain. Ibuprofen covers it until early afternoon most days, but by about 3 or 4pm I need the heavier duty stuff and I'm almost out. I'm wondering if I should call my doc for a refill or not. I also seem to have a mole or bump near my stitches that keeps getting irritated that I'm unsure is normal.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • This week I'll be 6 weeks pp and still light discharge I'm sick of these panty liners!