1st Trimester

Faint positives at 20 dpo?

I haven't posted on the bump in a long time, but thought someone here might have experience with this. I recently started charting again a couple of days ago, since I thought I was out this month. I've been using digital opks and based on that I should be 21 dpo. I was getting bfns right through 18 dpo randomly tested again yesterday and got a faint bfp. I tested again this morning and got 3 faint (but darker than yesterday) bfps on wandfos and a negative CB digi. It's possible I ovulated later, but based on when we had sex that would still put me at 14-15 dpo. Wouldn't the lines be darker? Wouldn't I have turned the digital positive? Does anyone have experience with this?

Re: Faint positives at 20 dpo?

• I suppose it's possible... but it's extremely unlikely. What's more likely is that you ovulated later than you think. OPK tests only tell you when you're having an LH surge, so they're not 100% predictive of ovulation. If you have more than one LH surge in a given month, you will probably ovulate later than you think.  

It's also possible to get a BFP on a wondfo and not get a positive digital until later. Digital tests are not as sensitive as standard tests. 

If if you happen to not be pregnant at this time, I suggest introducing yourself on the Trying To Get Pregnant board and posting on their daily WTO/TWW threads. They are geniuses and model citizens, and they will "chart-stalk" for you all day long, 
  • 1) Line progression is a myth really. It does not confirm more HCG or a viable pregnancy.  There are many reasons that contribute to the darkness of a line.

2) OPKs (as stated as above) only confirm that you are trying to ovulate, but not that you did. I seriously doubt you are 20 dpo and only just getting a BFP now.

3) if you are 14ish dpo, then just getting a BFP makes more sense. Remember, enough HCG is produced (for a BFP) about 3-4 days after implantation, which occurs 7-9 days after ovulation.  That is why it's the two week wait. Only 98% of women get a positive pregnancy test prior to their date of expected period  (14 days after ovulation ).