1st Trimester

Freaking out

so I just found out I was pregnant. Again. My son is only 7 1/2 months old and I am 2 months along. I was on hormone replacements when I conceived my son after months of failed attempts. So when I missed my period in June I just thought it was my hormones being off because I have been super stressed about finding a new job. I had left my old job after my son was born but decided I needed something to do even part time. And we needed the income. I took three pregnancy tests in June which all said negative. I got hired full time for a job at the beginning of July. But a few days later I missed my second period. So I took another test and it said positive. I called my doctor immediately. I took another test there which was also positive. I have not gotten my blood test yet but the only time I have ever had a positive result was when I was pregnant with my son. I am freaking out because I don't know what to tell my job and also because I didn't think it was possible for me to get pregnant without help. I am grateful that I am able to but the timing couldn't be more wrong. If anyone has had similar close pregnancies I'd love some advice on how you managed. Also what should I do about work? I don't officially start until the 13th but am afraid they will fire me if I say something now. 

Re: Freaking out

• My son is the same age and I'm expecting again.   They can't fire you just for being pregnant. They have to have documentation to fire you. 
    Me&DH married 04-04-14 
    A- Stepdaughter - 3-30-2008 
    K-Mine 02-04-2013 
    S- Ours 12-21-2015 
    New babies Feb 4 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Were you planning to get pregnant again or did it just happen? And that's what I'm hoping except it's considered and at will job so I'm not sure they do have to have a reason. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't have advice on pregnancies at are close together. Just wanted to say you are under no obligation to tell your job you are pregnant. You can tell them or not tell them for as long as you want to. They also can't fire you solely based on your pregnancy. Its not like you tried to conceal a pregnancy when you were hired so you have nothing to feel bad about. Take care of yourself and congratulations! 
  • My son is 6m old. I was on the depo and still got prego. I to just got a job. Feel free to message me
  • Is it a job that you would have to disclose for health or safety reasons?  Otherwise share when you are ready.  Perhaps look around now for a doctors office with appointment times are outside your work hours if you are worried about taking time off for that.

Id also recommend getting active on your BMB. I bet there are other women there who are in the same boat or were previously with having 2 pregnancies close together.  They will likely be a good source of support!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • I agree with PP, don't tell your job yet.  Many women wait until they are out of the first trimester (unless they are sick and have to explain to work why they are vomiting or staying home more often).  I didn't tell work until after my anatomy scan at 18+ weeks.  

I'm sorry that this is so stressful, but as someone with a career, I have found that there is really no "good" time to have a child for most of us.  Some other time would've always been better.  Try to hang in there and get excited if you can.  I have a friend with 2 kids who are 9 months apart and they are the best of friends - they always have a playmate!
  • Thanks ladies. Unfortunately in some ways it is a safety concern. I will be a campus police officer. Which means I have to wear a bullet proof vest and carry about 30 lbs of gear. I don't think I'll be chasing many people or going to too many crazy calls but still. I plan to wait until I'm at least 4 months that way I know I'm a little more in the clear as far as keeping the baby. I'm just nervous. This was unplanned and very scary being so close together especially after having had a c-section for the first.