December 2016 Moms
Options

2nd Tri Weight Gain

2»

Re: 2nd Tri Weight Gain

• Options
    17 weeks and have gained about 2lbs. I am pretty petite (5'1) and muscular weighed about 117 when I started. I am really just ready to have more belly so my mother stops saying it looks like I need to poop!! Pretty sure all the weight is in my boobs- 32c to 32dd!!!!! 
  • Options
    17 weeks and have gained about 2lbs. I am pretty petite (5'1) and muscular weighed about 117 when I started. I am really just ready to have more belly so my mother stops saying it looks like I need to poop!! Pretty sure all the weight is in my boobs- 32c to 32dd!!!!! 
    Same thing here! I am 5'0" and started around 115 or 116. My boobs have gone up two freaking cup sizes. Urgh.
    Type 1 Diabetic (high risk)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Im 17 weeks and gained 1 pound so far
  • Options
    I'll be 17 weeks Monday.  I haven't weighed since last Sunday but I was up 12 pounds from prepregnancy weight.  Problem is, I'd been gaining before getting pregnant.  I know I have a problem with weight and really need to get a solid diet from my Dr. next time I go in or things will get crazy.

I used to weigh 250.  I lost weight with WW seven years ago (held 128 for several years).  I kept it off till meeting my husband.  I think I just got jealous of the amounts of food he could eat!  For the record we met at WW.  I was at my goal and he had 100 pounds to lose.  So... I've been steadily gaining weight for the last three and a half years.  Since getting pregnant I know my eating has gotten worse and if I don't slow it down it will not be good... My current weight as of last Sunday was 177.  I'm 5'4".  So yeah, weight scares me because I don't want to be 250 pounds again.  I shouldn't use pregnancy as a free pass to eat whatever but I have been.
  • Options
    @Kate08Young
    Yeah, I know BMI isn't the best gauge in judging whether one is healthy, but it's been a helpful one for me. I have struggled with body issues and eating disorders in the past and I have been researching nutrition, exercise, and such for 10+ years. The 141lbs I was at prepregnancy wasn't far off from ideal at the moment when I did get preggo as I had been training for a Spartan Beast obstacle course race. My muscle mass was substantial at the time. That went out the window as soon as I had some complications in the first trimester and my doc called off heavy weight training and long distance runs. Guess my 5'2" body couldn't handle all the changes and the training. Still happy with the 6lb weight gain even if I is a complete brain tease for the morphed body image I have. :)
  • Options
    JEM525JEM525 member
    My Dr. and nurses never comment about weight gain and I'm up 10lbs at 16weeks. I'm pretty small and with my first I gained 40lbs, it was all gone two weeks after DS was born. Don't get me wrong I still had a belly and looked like I had a baby but the weight gain was water retention, baby, placenta, boobs, etc. To some up your body is yours and everyone will gain weight differently. My boobs jump from a small C cup to 38D in the first 8 weeks of pregnancy. That's a good 5lbs in my chest! As long as your Dr. Isn't concerned don't let petty people ( nurses) mess with your head. Every body is different. Ladies I hope everyone is or starts feeling good about their growing bodies! It's amazing what our bodies are doing and we all should start having a healthy mind set about body image! Wish you all a healthy pregnancy.