July 2016 Moms

Re: fffc

• Options

My confession is that I'm having a major freakout about the impending birth of DS2 this morning. I want him out of body ASAP but I'm just wondering how the hell am I going to do it all?  How am I going to be able to give DS1 the attention that he needs after DS2 is born? DH will only be taking a few days off of work once DS2 is born (thanks, 'merica!) so after that I'll be totally on my own and probably still trying to recover and take care of the newborn all by myself. All of our family members are on the other side of the country (not like they give a damn anyways) so I can't rely on anyone to help. Also I haven't heard so much as a peep from supposed "good" friends in quite some time. I'm wondering how I'll keep my sanity on little/no sleep for MONTHS. With DS1 my life was a complete clusterfuck in those first few months. I have my bottle of Zoloft ready this time at least. I already feel like I failed at this motherhood thing and DS2 is not even born yet. Not off to a good start. Plus, DH and I were fighting a lot earlier in my pregnancy -- while things with DH have improved drastically over the past few months, I'm worried that the added stress of a newborn will send us right back to where we came from. They say it takes a village, but where the hell is mine??

• Options
    @rnyland1 all the hugs!  I'm a FTM so no perspective on adding another baby to the family.  Are you able to connect with other moms locally?  I know in my community there are quite a few playgroups, as well as other meetings for moms (la leche league, baby wearing, etc).  I'm sorry you're feeling stressed and like a failure already, but I think just the fact that you know this will be a big change and are trying to figure out what to do now shows what a great mom and wife you are!  If you thought it would be easy breezy and weren't worried I would be more concerned I think.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @rnyland1 I've had that freak out once or twice this pregnancy.  We have a lot in common.  While my family isn't far away, the majority of them don't care.  But you'll manage.  Everything seems darker when you over think it... it's just the way the mind works.  But you'll be strong and do what's best and get through it, even if, looking back,  you wonder how in the hell did I do this! And we can be your village here!  I know it's not the same as hands on help, but at least you can vent here and feel supported :) 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @rnyland1 so many creepy Internet hugs! Like Samantha said, we may not be there in person but we can be your mental village!
  • Options
    @rnyland1 sending creepy internet hugs your way. Please don't beat yourself up and worry that you are failing DS2. Someone once told me that just the act of worrying about being a good mother is a giant step in the direction of being a great mother because you are concerned about the well being of your child. I would look around for some local mommy groups to build your village and like the others have said, we can be your virtual village. Hang in there mama, you've got this! 
  • Options
    @rnyland1 I know exactly how you feel. I'm also deathly terrified that I'm doing a disservice to DD because of having the new baby. She's been our whole world since the day she was born. I'm even more nervous for how she is going to handle DH and the new baby together. DD and DH spend a lot of time together when I'm out of town for work. It's really hard when they say it takes a village. Our families aren't close either- my parents are 6-7 hours away while his are 16. Turns out date nights out since DD was born have been pretty non-existent, but we've learned how to improvise. I know we can do this. If anything else, we'll have each other to lean on when times are tough. So many hugs to you!!
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• Options
    @rnyland1 so sorry you're feeling that way, but like others have said you have support here and definitely try to find some mommy groups to help!
    I have a similar situation, although not technically my children, my SO has two from a previous marriage. He doesn't get much time off of work and he works evenings so his girls are with me (they are with us half time). They are 7 and 3.5. They are really good girls, but I worry about them feeling like they are getting enough attention when baby comes. I've had to explain to my SO that he needs to do things with just them so they still get the time they deserve. 
    He and I also had issues towards the beginning of this pregnancy and still have some so that doesn't help. My family lives on the east coast and I'm on the west. I'm definitely lucky enough to have a great group of friends who say (now) they are willing to help with whatever I need. 
    I hope you have an easy transition when little one arrives and definitely try to get out once you can in order to be with other adults for support!
  • Options
    @rnyland1 so many hugs! You are in now way a failure know you have all of us for support and don't feel guilty about asking for help and support from others as needed. You can do this! 
  • Options
    @rnyland1 I think others said it well already - so I will just add hugggs!
  • Options
    @megstervt I feel you on that one!  I AM SO READY.  not even at my due day and every day I say "Come on Lukas!"  and nearly cried when the doctor told me yesterday no progress. I feel guilty because a lot of the ladies here are so overdue and I'm still griping. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Lots of hugs @rnyland1
  • Options
    KASGKASG member
    Aw I hope things go smoothly for you @rnyland1
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• Options
    Hugs @rnyland1
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • Options
    mandyjuliemandyjulie member
    edited July 2016
    Thinking of you, @rnyland1. How you're feeling is already totally normal, but the fact that you have a smaller support system locally makes it even harder. But you got through it once and you'll do it again.

Does DS1 go to daycare or school? In many ways I think that a newborn might be easier than my nutty toddler (who I love, but come on, toddlerhood is tough). So you might actually find a little relief in caring for a tiny person who can't talk back!

Just try to remember you know what you're doing, you're already an awesome mom, and you've got this. Also, your only job is to take care of your kids, so don't let other things distract you. Much of the housework and other things can wait. And get as much sleep as you can when baby is asleep and do other things that make you happy/give you a break whenever you can! And Zoloft -- if that helps, it's good that you're ready with it! 
    DD1: Born January 2013
    DD2: Due July 12, 2016
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

July 2016 - July Siggy: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    carolynpetitecarolynpetite member
    edited July 2016
    @rnyland1 I totally wept (like for real) the night before I went into labor with my 2nd because I also felt guilty knowing that my DDs world was about to be rocked. I'm now onto my 3rd and have a better perspective. While the beginning is definitely hard because of lack of sleep, you can include your first in helping with the baby and they LOVE that job. And don't feel guilty having him watch a little extra TV or whatever else works while you get through the adjustment period! It's healthy for our kids to learn to play by themselves and soon enough your kids will be each other's playmates and best friends! That is the best! You've got this! 
  • Options
    @MamaBish - you should have sent them to
    me! LOL!
  • Options
    Confession: I feel like a selfish brat but I'm really hurt and bothered by the fact that no one from DH's side of the family has called or messaged me and have barely messaged DH this whole pregnancy. The first visit was 2 weeks ago and I saw them all of 3 hours in the 4 days day they were here. But that's it. My parents have been super involved and my mom has flown out twice to visit and she's flying out to help us once LO is here. His family is within a few hours driving distance and mines on the other side of the country. I hurt for my DH too. I know this can't be easy on him either.