TTC after 35

TWW for July 4-10!!

Tell us how many DPO you are, what you're doing/not doing this month, when/if you'll test, and symptoms that have you wondering if this is THE month! If you haven't already made a separate intro, please first do so in a separate discussion thread so we can get to know you! Good luck!
Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: TWW for July 4-10!!

• I'm not sure how many DPO because I went away on a girl's trip during my FW and did not take my OPK's. Could be anywhere from 8-14 DPO. Randomly tested mid day yesterday and BFN. Not much hope because I don't think our BD timing/frequency was great this cycle. Slightly sore boobs, some pain off and on yesterday in left pelvic area, but both could be AF related. AF is due Thursday. If she does 'the show, I will test again.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• I'm about 7-8 DPO, CD 21.  This was my first month taking Clomid (50 mg).  I didn't have any side effects while taking the pills CD 3-7 and a bonus was the pills were free...not sure how that happened.  I did have a day long headache for about two days during O.  I also had sore/sensitive nipples during O, pretty sure it was due to the Clomid.  I'm not having symptoms really.  I have yet another yeast infection, so just paranoid that this will interfere with implantation somehow, but purely just paranoia.  I was having some cramps yesterday but could have been gas pains.  I'm staying relatively calm this month.  H and I had a meltdown one night during BD after he was having some trouble, and we both threatened this would be our last month of trying, but we got over that.  Some days I would like to put an end to it, though.  Would like to go back to living a "normal" life, not preoccupied with my cycle and BD and the future.  The good news is that if we have to try again next month our FW will be while we are on vacation!!!

Good luck to you, @KT&John!!  
    Me: 41
    Husband: 40
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
    Unexplained Infertility - Trying naturally
  • Loading the player...
  • Today is CD 17 and I'm either 7 DPO or maybe just 2 depending on how you look at my chart.  My temps are all over the place and I had an unusually early OPK peak reading that threw me off.  I may test at the end of the week but I don't have high hopes.  We have our first visit with a RE next week and while I am looking forward to what they have to say I'm nervous that it might be a discouraging conversation.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @KT&John hopefully AF didn't show today!

@jennh75b glad to hear clomid wasn't bad, crossing my fingers that it does the trick this month! 

@laurad75 have you had any testing done yet? If not my guess is they will want to do blood/US/HSG/SA before anything else. Maybe this will be the month and you won't even need all that :) 

I had a positive OPK 7 days ago with intense O pain (almost unbearable!), so I'm about 5DPO. I discovered (after O) that most people test twice per day because LH surge often isn't detectable until after 2pm, so I wonder if I actually caught my surge late. If that's the case our BD wasn't great (-3, O,+2). I know the average is O 36 hours after positive OPK, so it's possible we were actually -4, -1, +1. At this point it doesn't feel like it really matters, we've had great timing for 7 out of the last 9 months and nothing. So far sore boobs since 1dpo and O-like pains tonight. it's too early for actual pg symptoms so I will wait until next week to go bananas :) 

i had an interesting situation at work the other night. I was giving someone a lunch break and they had a patient with meningitis. The nurse joked "you're not pregnant are you?" And I had to say "I actually don't know, we're trying, so maybe?". I had to find someone else to take care of that patient. I never thought about my job like that before....that it is actually pretty dangerous to be pregnant and working around people with things like shingles and menigitis. When I do, eventually, get pregnant it's going to be scary and annoying! 

Ok, long post over! Good luck everyone! 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoeMasque Fingers crossed that this is the one!

GL @laurad75 and @jenn75 !

Still here. AF was supposed to show yesterday but still not here. Tested yesterday morning and BFN. Will test next on Sunday morning if no AF. Trying to keep off the crazy train. ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• @PoeMasque I did the CD 3 blood test last month and they came back with a very low AMH level which broke my heart.  I'm still keeping my FX that we beat the odds and maybe this is our month.  My temp has stayed somewhat elevated since O and I think our BD timing was spot on this month.  We will have to wait (so much waiting) and see.  

@KT&John - how frustrating.  FX for you!

2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• FX @KT&John! 

@laurad75 the science is kind of thin, but a lot of people swear by DHEA for high FSH and low AMH issues. If the RE suggests it I would ask them to explain exactly how it works in the body and possible side effects. its included in many prenatal vitamins, but my guess is the dose needed for low AMH is higher. 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • PoeMasque said:
    FX @KT&John! 

@laurad75 the science is kind of thin, but a lot of people swear by DHEA for high FSH and low AMH issues. If the RE suggests it I would ask them to explain exactly how it works in the body and possible side effects. its included in many prenatal vitamins, but my guess is the dose needed for low AMH is higher. 
    That's great information and something new to google!  Thank you @PoeMasque!

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog