Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Increasing Milk Supply and introducing solids

hello ladies!
My name is Sonia I have not posted in months! 
I have a 4 month old daughter and 4 year old son. I'm ebf, what are some tips to increase milk supply and when can I introduce solids?
thanks!

Re: Increasing Milk Supply and introducing solids

• Ceridwen77Ceridwen77 member
    edited June 2016
    I suggest doing some reading on www.kellymom.com  there are detailed articles there that answer your questions. 
  • Thank you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Go to whole foods and get brewers yeast. I got some for a lactation cookie recipe and now I'm wondering why I went through the trouble of the cookies when I could have just put a tablespoon in any kind of liquid and just drank it! I got sick a few weeks ago and DH insisted on me taking Nyquil, so to combat the decrease in supply from that I stirred some brewers yeast in with emergen-c and I had fuller breasts than normal. 
  • I am ebf a 4 month old as well and haven't tried any special lactation foods or anything--my best advice is to drink a lot of water! I probably get close to 175 or 200 oz a day
  • Soniaab91 said:
    hello ladies!
    My name is Sonia I have not posted in months! 
    I have a 4 month old daughter and 4 year old son. I'm ebf, what are some tips to increase milk supply and when can I introduce solids?
    thanks!
    The only thing I have found to absolutely increase milk production is pumping. Pumping. Pumping. Pumping.

Demand=supply
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    Pump. Pump. Pump. 
    I drink a gallon of water a day too. 
  • I have been eating lactation cookies for over 2 weeks and they have helped my (already little) supply a little bit. Pinterest has plenty of recipes but your key ingredients are oats, flaxseed and brewer's yeast. 
    Also I have recently added Honest Co Lactation Plus supplements and I think those are kicking in as well. 
  • You know something I noticed, my supply is way better when I eat healthier. Until now I was eating whatever I wanted and my supply was sufficient but I had to work really hard to keep up with my LO.. Last week I cut out sweets and ate how I always should and I noticed that my supply was a lot better! I was getting 7 oz when I pumped instead of 4-5, feeling fuller, etc. not sure about the biology behind this but all I know is that it worked for me. And I *hate* eating healthy but I will do it for my baby if I have to!
  • I've been taking Fenugreek and Blessed thistle and it has increased my milk supply by about 1-2 oz per pump and she is getting full a bit faster now. I also drink a lot of fluids which I think helps.