April 2016 Moms

Happy 4th of July

Happy 4th everybody! What are you all doing for the holiday?

Re: Happy 4th of July

• We're gonna go spend the day with my parents after we get a little housework done
  • We took the little guy in the pool in the morning, and now he's napping it off after a bath. In the evening we're going to take him to see fireworks (he loves staring at lights and always smiles at the fan, so we're thinking this will be a success). He has to get a good 2-3 hour nap in first though after a morning in the sun.

• Loading the player...
  • We went to watch fireworks last night. It was after LOs bed time, so he fell asleep in the stroller before it started. We were so close we could feel the explosions and get ash in our eyes... He slept though the whole thing.
  • Our small town has a bike/wagon/pet parade in the morning of the 4th, so our older two were in the parade on bikes and I wore baby while pushing #3 in her buggy. They have a concert in the park where the parade takes place afterward with grilled chicken lunches. It's one of my favorite days of the year in our cute town.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LO had been fussy and congested all day so we declined all festivities. Now it's bedtime and he can't even get a good nod in because I have idiotic neighbors who bought their own fireworks and firecrackers this year. 

I basically have every white noise device on possible.(Ceiling fans, kitchen exhaust fan, bathroom fan, iHome, etc.)

Sorry for the mini rant. Dealing with a fussy baby all day hasn't been fun.

I wish I could've created some nice memories today but sometimes things don't go as planned.. And now, it seems like our night is closing out with a bang....literally.
  • @linzoirv We're also dealing with stupid neighbors setting off fireworks. They have a one and a two year old, so you would think they'd be in bed by 10:30, but no, they're setting off fireworks toward our yard. Thanks, y'all! No wake ups yet, but I'm sure they will come soon.
  • Gabe saw the fireworks the other night. He seemed to enjoy them. 
  • Well, we went to another firework display, and he slept through that one too!
  • Mine fell asleep too! He managed to make it through dinner at a restaurant and setting up our spot while making friends all around us, then passed out 10 minutes before the show. Oh well! 
  • That's me with our girls and our A16 baby at our bike parade. 
  • We went to a concert on the 2nd, had a small party on the third were I had two bottles of wine to myself. I spent all of the fourth in bed with Jackson cuddling. He was so overstimulated from our weekend that it's taken until today for him to feel back to normal.
  • @Knottie9983816 welcome back! We have missed you around here.
    kids with flags
  • Oh man, do I love all of the pictures posted thank you for sharing! We didn't do much just a small get together with family, grilling. We are lucky that we get to see the local fireworks from our house so we don't have to go anywhere. Little man wasn't a fan of fireworks though, especially not the ones that my neighbor was setting off all afternoon and night...which then started a friendly neighborhood competition...part of me loved it and hated it. I was totally fine until the baby finally fell asleep, and it kept waking him up. I can't even imagine that some of your little ones actually slept through it!