Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Anyone get pregnant before getting AF after D&C

I had a D&C on May 16th. HPTs were stark white in early June. On June 21st I had very very faint spotting. DH and I used protection every time except when we used the pull out method 10 days ago. Because I hadn't gotten my real period, I called the Dr who said we should get my HCG levels checked (getting blood test today). This morning I had a very very faint HPT Positive. I'm freaking out. Could I really be possible before my period? This cannot be a good thing. My last pregnancy was 13 weeks long.

Im exhausted and going to bed at 8:45 which is always my first sign and now my boobs hurt and I'm slightly nauseous. Anyone have a similar story and having a healthy pregnancy???

Re: Anyone get pregnant before getting AF after D&C

• Options
    No experience with this, but wanted to say I've been following your story for a while and I really hope things go well for you. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    I had a D&C on 12/31 and got pregnant before I had another period. I'm currently 23 weeks and everything seems to be going okay! Obviously every situation is different, but I hope the best for you!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you @okay52786 that is reassuring!!
  • Options
    @chloe97 So glad to see you over here. I didn't want to keep commenting over at TTCAL given my newfound status, but wanted you to know I'm thinking of you. I hope that if you are pregnant, that you are able to have minimal anxiety. I won't lie, I would be over the moon to see you KU, but I can imagine how nerve-wracking this is for you. 

I suppose I could have sent you a PM, but I always forget that exists. 

Anyway, sending hugs to you, lady. 
  • Options
    I don't have any helpful experiences with this because we took a few months off from trying after my D&C, but I just wanted to wish you the best of luck! FX for stronger positive-HPTs and a sticky baby!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've had 2 losses. After the second one I found out 5 weeks later I was pregnant again. She's laying next to me :) almost 3 weeks old.... Sorry for your loss and hope all goes well! 
  • Options
    Thanks guys @wishlivedinflorida If I wasn't so freaked out about increasing our risk of MC by having an oops before my first AF, I'd be thrilled to be here again especially with you and the rest of the TTCAL BFPs from this past week!!

I just wanted to get in 3 months of healthy eating, Coq10, and alcohol and caffeine- free days so I felt very much like I was doing everything possible to get the very healthiest egg I could possibly get. In someways not being able too obsess about these things makes the TTCAL part easier. I will see how the betas play out and let y'all know!!
  • Options
    I had the "joy" of a MMC resulting in not 1 but 2 D&Cs, managed to get pregnant (they're thinking) the night the doc gave us the go-ahead, and I'm now almost to 3rd trimester!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @anna.oskar was that before your first AF after the 2nd D&C?
  • Options
    Lurker here, but a friend had a D&C and was pregnant before her next AF, and she has beautiful twin girls now! Her story was a silver lining that got me through my D&C and obsession with getting pregnant again. FX for you!
  • Options
    waterfall213waterfall213 member
    edited July 2016
    No personal experience but I have a friend who got pregnant before getting AF after a d&c. Her daughter is 2 now. FX for a sticky baby! 

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• Options
    chloe97 said:
    @anna.oskar was that before your first AF after the 2nd D&C?
    Yes indeed!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Turns out this was a false alarm. I didn't know this, but I guess you can contaminate a WONDFO HPT and get a false + if you do it and an OPK at the same time and put them next to each other. 

Anyway, good to know about the D&C!  Hopefully someone who is actually in need of this guidance finds this post!! Thanks to everyone who responded!