May 2016 Moms

Postpartum ovulation. Question for BTDT moms

hi ladies.  So I am 9 weeks post partum and I formula feed.  I have had 1 PP period (it ended 1 week ago).  Will I ovulate this month or does it take a few cycles for ovulation to return?

Re: Postpartum ovulation. Question for BTDT moms

• I think it depends! Sometimes women have anovulatory cycles regardless of being post partum, so it's possible you might not. I think it's more likely your fertility has returned but as for whether ovulation will be this month is impossible to know aka your cycle may return to being regular or be very irregular with a longer follicular phase. Many experience different cycles after a baby than before, others nothing changes. Have you started a hormonal bc? That could influence things as well.  
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • I think it depends! Sometimes women have anovulatory cycles regardless of being post partum, so it's possible you might not. I think it's more likely your fertility has returned but as for whether ovulation will be this month is impossible to know aka your cycle may return to being regular or be very irregular with a longer follicular phase. Many experience different cycles after a baby than before, others nothing changes. Have you started a hormonal bc? That could influence things as well.  
    I didn't do any post partum birth control. my husband has low sperm count, so if we were able to conceive naturally it would Most likely take quite some time.   so we want to start trying again right away   
  • Loading the player...
  • @tripledaggerWed95976 You could find out if you're ovulating by temping, the TTGP board has lots of good info in their pinned posts about it. Since there are Irish twins in the world it's definitely possible that you're ovulating so good luck!
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • It's definitely possible you can ovulate straight after birth especially if you're formula feeding! That's why they say use birth control if you don't want to get pregnant! 
  • Sorry, I know this is an older post, but I am going to resurrect it.  I had DD in on 7/17/15 and had my first period on 8/21/15 then found out I was pregnant with DS on 9/8/15. So it can for sure happen that quick. Before DD I had really long cycles and wouldn't ovulate until day 25 sometimes, but after I had her I ovulated on day 14.
    TTC#1 January 2013, BFP 7/4/13 MC 8/7/13 D&C 8/22/13
    BFP 5/20/14 CP 5/26/14
    BFP 12/6/14 DD Born an Angel on 7/17/15 at 35 weeks
    An Angel in The Book of Life
    Wrote Down Our Baby's Birth
    And Whispered as She Closed the Book
    Too Beautiful for Earth...
    TTC#2 August 2015 BFP 9/10/15 EDD 5/26/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • As soon as I get my first PP period I'm going to start temping to find out! 
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• It's different for everyone! 

I had my first pp period at 5 months with DD1 and had relatively normal cycles after that. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker