October 2016 Moms
Options

STMs+ baby bedding

We were given a crib set to use for our newest LO. We had the nursery decorated in Winnie the Pooh for my first son. I was just wondering... if you are redoing the theme in the nursery for your LO what did you do with the old crib set and decor? Are you holding on to it?

Re: STMs+ baby bedding

• Options
    I have mine still, but only because I haven't gone through DD's stuff yet. I'm not sure how many will want a Nautical nursery for a girl either.

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • Options
    My 1st son had a really nice set from Pottery Barn that is still in perfect condition. It is currently sitting in my parents basement :/ I am not reusing it for this baby... Mostly because my style has changed in the past 6 years :) 
    Kimberly
    DS #1 11/08/10
    DS #2 due 10/20/16
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My second baby I didn't even do a theme anymore. I used the sheets and skirt from my bed set from my first Daughter and that was it. My third is a boy and I'm not getting anything except a fitted crib sheet. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My daughter was pink Princesses we are team Green this time so we are doing pooh mostly we donated half her stuff and kept one set of minnie mouse incase it's a girl but if it's a boy I'm sure my DH will rip all the pooh sown and hang up monster trucks and John dear stuff by Christmas. 
  • Options
    @nlane0723 I am curious bc that's our theme lol
  • Options
    I'll see if I can find some pics of the nursery, @mrszoess!

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • Options
    omg that room is gorgeous. and Harper is the cutest thing ever! 
  • Options
    I sold my oldest's bedding. Of course, there's 10 years between my first and second. My second is still using his but I'll probably sell his too when the time comes since we're having a girl this time. 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My sons room is Nautical. Until we decide to move, DS will be sharing a room with his little sister. Granted, she will be in my room for a couple months and we may end up cosleeping as it worked well for us with my son. That said, I haven't really given much thought on how to make their joint space work together. I may just find some navy floral or other pattern blanket and use that with the current navy crib set. We already have a toddler bed for our son with bedding on it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Married to DH for 6 years (together for 16)
    DS born 12.13.14
    DD born 10.15.16
    BFP 1.24.18, MC 3.13.18
    <3 BFP 4.25.19, EDD 12.31.19  <3

• Options
    klvklv member
    I did not have a theme for DD but she had a lot of neutral stuff like greens and animals. We are reusing 2 of the fitted sheets and will likely buy one more. No bedding sets last time or this time. They are cute but I think it's a waste
  • Options
    serenaxo84serenaxo84 member
    edited July 2016
    I am using the same furniture- crib and dresser but am changing the theme. DS had adorable blue crab sheets from Serena & Lily (got them on sale and they were so worth the $$) and I had a little Navy theme mixed in with some nautical stuff.

This baby is also a boy but I am thinking I want a very serene room- lots of grey, white and like a silver blue. I am thinking some star decals from etsy on an accent wall. 

The girl nursery I was planning was totally different! Gosh I love nursery planning! 

Edit- to answer your question- the curtains we have in DS1 room are PBK and the Harper style and navy so we are keeping them in his room. He's moved onto a truck/fireman theme and they still work. His sheets I'm not sure what I am going to do with... I'm debating selling the sheets but the PBK Harper crib skirt which is also navy we hemmed to fit his crib when we put it on the toddler setting so I'm not sure if we can resell which is a same cause those are pretty expensive. We didn't do a bed set bc the bumper is a non use item and a waste of money IMO and so is the comforter. DS1 is in a twin bed and his comforter is folded on the bottom of his bed. We still use his Aden&Anais swaddle blankets on him... Obviously as blanket and not a swaddle lol 

• Options
    We have used the same bedding set for all 3 of my boys, I'm kind of sick of it and it's not really my style anymore but I figure it has more sentimental value at this point and I my as well use it for our 4th boy. 
    Im thinking I may have it turned into some kind of throw or something for me after this baby is done with it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We were team green last time so did a nature/owl theme but didn't go too crazy.  We're just reusing everything again
    ~Erin~ 
    proud pagan 

• Options
    I'm having my third girl and all three will have used the same nursery. I went all out the first time and I see no need to spend money to redo it.
  • Options
    I don't do crib sets, my mom makes each baby a quilt. I have a breathable bumper and neutral sheets. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• Options
    We didn't get a "set" for DD ... we got a breathable bumper in green, along with some fitted sheets in pink and white. A family member made a crib skirt and matching window curtain in pink. 

For DS, I'll reuse the bumper and buy some blue fitted sheets ... But probably skip the crib skirt (since it was useless once we started lowering the mattress), and buy a new blue curtain.