January 2017 Moms

Ask a STM+ Week of 6/27

Re: Ask a STM+ Week of 6/27

• 16weeks with my first and 14weeks with the others :-) I'm 13w on Wednesday and am looking forward to feeling baby soon! Usually around 13weeks I have moments of wondering if that was it but never felt sure enough to call it that till 14weeks 
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
  • Hi moms who've done this before, pls help! (I'm on my way home and will call the after hours number as soon as I find it, though I'm sure there's nothing to be done) 

Yesterday we had sex for the first time in like, ever. Today I'm just standing in line at a store and thought I peed myself! Went to the bathroom and it wasn't even enough fluid that my underwear didn't catch it (mostly clear, a little pink) BUT I'm pretty sure some mucus plug came out with it- clear/yellow with tiny streaks of blood. I know the mucus plug will regenerate but what's with the other fluid??? I was spotting again last week too. Like I really just want everything to STAY IN my ute and this constant leaking is giving me a gd complex!!  :s

Any thoughts? Am I totally broken? Reassure me even if it doesn't sound promising pls, I have an MFM appointment Tuesday (and heard at least one of them on the Doppler this morning) 
    Spotting after sex is normal and are you sure it wasn't semen? Silly I know, but one of those questions that needs to be asked. Ha if you're really concerned call the nurse line.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
    Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
    Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi moms who've done this before, pls help! (I'm on my way home and will call the after hours number as soon as I find it, though I'm sure there's nothing to be done) 

Yesterday we had sex for the first time in like, ever. Today I'm just standing in line at a store and thought I peed myself! Went to the bathroom and it wasn't even enough fluid that my underwear didn't catch it (mostly clear, a little pink) BUT I'm pretty sure some mucus plug came out with it- clear/yellow with tiny streaks of blood. I know the mucus plug will regenerate but what's with the other fluid??? I was spotting again last week too. Like I really just want everything to STAY IN my ute and this constant leaking is giving me a gd complex!!  :s

Any thoughts? Am I totally broken? Reassure me even if it doesn't sound promising pls, I have an MFM appointment Tuesday (and heard at least one of them on the Doppler this morning) 
    Spotting after sex is normal and are you sure it wasn't semen? Silly I know, but one of those questions that needs to be asked. Ha if you're really concerned call the nurse line.
    Yeah, it was yellow and streaked with blood- H needs to get to a doctor ASAP if that was semen lol! I did end up calling to be safe, Doc told me to head to triage if I don't stop leaking in another hour (mostly stopped at this point) ugh that just freaked me out! It was not spotting at all- just mucus plug and lots of watery discharge
  • cjs260cjs260 member
    @TinaBelcher Whew. Glad you called your doc. I hope everything's going okay now! 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• Bahaha @TinaBelcher I was thinking semen too. I may be having DH pull out until I'm ready to get this kid out, because we've only had successful relations once since getting pregnant, and I cramped horribly for like 48 hours. I'm so glad you called. Basically anything can be an emergency. I've called for more rediculous things. 
  • Leaking stopped and I found at least one heartbeat on the Doppler just now so feeling a little better. @ThePax89 that was the first time I've felt well enough (not barfy) for sex since I stopped progesterone a month ago and uh, scary! Dang if this sort of stuff keeps up my H is going to be BUMMED OUT lol
  • He better rally come December/January when it's eviction time. @TinaBelcher. Although, my husband would have rather me stay pregnant forever than have sex with me again at 40+5. 
  • Glad everything was ok @TinaBelcher! Did the doc recommend pelvic rest or anything?
  • canavaracanavara member
    edited July 2016
    Also question (didn't see it mentioned on the other pages of this thread so hoping it hasn't already been asked!) -- STMs that have cloth diapered with fitteds: What kind of inserts do you recommend? I haven't committed to fitted for sure yet but everything I read about prefolds sounds like it's something I'd be terrible at and reminds me of origami lol. Also, did anyone cloth diaper from newborn? I've heard meconium stains are awful but then I read something last night where someone was like "oh please, you just have to wash a few times and sun dry and it's fine" and I don't know what to believe. 

Edit: Because The Bump swallowed a few contextually important words!
  • @canavara I don't know anything about cloth diapers but meconium stains are literally the worst. Meconium itself is actually the worst. But those stains. Oh my hell. I can't imagine that any amount of washing and sun drying would get it out 
  • @katesmama0706 lol your reaction to that alone is enough to make me think that even if it were something that could possibly come out, who's gonna have time in the first couple of weeks to get it out. Certainly makes the decision of whether to do disposable at first easier :)
  •  MaryNog said:
    Sorry if this has been asked before: have any moms here used those pack n' play-crib combos? If so, how long were you able to use it? we don't have a ton of space and those might be a great option for us. Thanks in advance!
    We used this in our bedroom for the first few months and loved it! The hanging/suspended bassinet part holds baby up to 15lbs and then she slept in the bottom of the PnP until we transitioned her to her crib. It just made night feedings so much easier during those months that she was waking to eat multiple times a night. Plus we've used that thing every time we've traveled. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't start cloth until my son was 9 months old.  I only use fitted at night because my son is a heavy wetter at night.  I use Sustainablebabyish (Sbish) OBFs and a Blueberry OS Coverall cover.  This system gives your baby an adorable bubble butt that I couldn't imagine him having during the day,  I used to use Sbish wool covers but I didn't like the upkeep.  During the day, we use pockets, AppleCheeks, because I like how it all comes apart for more thorough washing and faster drying.  I use bamboo inserts, prefolds, because I found that microfiber tends to get super smelly fast.

I plan to use disposables for the first few weeks because I have to travel for birth and will be there for a few weeks and I'd rather not have to worry about meconium.
    BabyName Ticker
  • I had a pack and play but didn't like how huge it was.  We barely used it.  He hated being in it when he outgrew the top portion.  He though it was jail.  I loved this bassinet that I put next to my bed and he slept in until he maxed out the weight.

Then we transitioned him to his crib by putting the Moses basket in his crib for several days so he could get used to the room while in the comfort of the known basket... It worked out great and pretty much seamless.  I, however, had to sleep on an air mattress on his bedroom floor for a month because I had a hard time.  This crib set was fantastic because it has so many height levels.  We are currently in the toddler bed stage and will eventually turn it into a double bed.

https://m.jcpenney.com/product?ppId=ens6003840085&catId=cat100260091&webId=true

My my only complaint of this set it that the finish scratches and dents way too easily.  It's beautiful though.  And I love the lines.
    BabyName Ticker
  • When I CD my 2nd we used the BumGenius diapers and their inserts. We used disposables in the hospital until the Meconium was gone. The hospital had provided enough to get us through that phase! 
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
  • @canavara We were in the hospital using disposable for 5 days after birth, so all the meconium was worked out by then. They gave us a pack of diapers to take home and we used those in the first days before switching and getting used to the CD routine. We had Bumgenius all-in-ones but also got newborn size with prefolds to use until he was a touch bigger for the all-in-ones (even though technically they would have fit). Prefolds are really super easy and there's basically no learning curve. You'll fold one and know what you're doing. We bought our prefolds used from the CD store and had Rumparooz covers. Looking back it wasn't terribly economical as we spent $90 on that newborn stash that we used for just a few weeks but when I sold them they held their value well. I would personally not do a prefold for long-term CDing as my child was a crazy roller and flopper during diaper changes. I LOVED our all-in-ones though and I consider them the Cadillac of CDs lol. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • The hospital had provided enough to get us through that phase! 
    I know every hospital is different but that's really good to know! I just assumed they diapered while you were there and sent you home empty-handed without any extra diapers since a lot of people talk about bringing a loaded diaper bag to the hospital with them for labor.
  • canavara said:
    The hospital had provided enough to get us through that phase! 
    I know every hospital is different but that's really good to know! I just assumed they diapered while you were there and sent you home empty-handed without any extra diapers since a lot of people talk about bringing a loaded diaper bag to the hospital with them for labor.
    Oh ideally they'll be throwing tons of stuff your way! They packed us up with extra peri bottles, mesh underwear with the giant pads (demand lots of both, you'll be so glad), formula, diapers, nipple cream, etc. It was great and super helpful. If they don't, just ask :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @canavara meconium is brief. Like 3-5 days I think. You can use disposable before that if you'd like to avoid meconium
  • The hospital sent us home with 3 extra bags of pampers swaddlers. (We only bought size 1s, so we didn't have any nb size). Also, steal as many pairs of disposable pannies as you can fit. Pads too. Grab lots of baby hats too. Those hospital ones fit the best. 
  • @canavara Oh yea, the hospitals in our area load you up lol. Diapers, wipes...I try to steal a couple extra pacifiers too LOL mesh underwear and pads, totally stock up, and if they will let you request an extra pack of tucks!! those things are glorious lol
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
  • @canavara Fitteds wouldn't typically have inserts (pockets would). However some fitteds come with a snap in doubler for extra absorbency.  You wouldn't typically use that initially, it's more when they are bigger/sleeping longer.  Tiny tush fitteds are my favorite and come with snap in liners.  
    Some people will also get stand alone doublers to add to diapers. I can't remember what brand I used but I had some pretty thin/narrow bamboo ones with DD2 that I loved.  
    Meconium should be gone within the first few days.  I usually just get one pack of NB diapers and then switch after that 
    DD1 (2008) DD2 (2010), #3 (DH's first bio kid) on the way in January 2017!
    Almost always mobile bumping--forgive my typos. :)
  • canavaracanavara member
    edited July 2016
    @adorebella @thepax89 @mommywesley @zdmd_14 Ahhhh so many useful tips and info! Thanks! Also: Such a relief hearing that meconium is a brief thing and not like a weeks-long arduous awful nightmare.
  • @canavara oh yeah, it's totally quick. Just don't bring the baby home and immediately change it on your bed, on top of your duvet ;)
    Also, FTMs, rub some Vaseline on the baby's bum to make that meconium easier to wipe off during changes. That stuff is sticky! 
  • MrsRahlMrsRahl member
    edited July 2016
    I didn't get to read everything, but @canavara do not use Vaseline on cloth! Coconut oil is cloth safe and just as effective. We've only used coconut oil for diaper cream for 2 years now and it's great! Naturally antimicrobial and a great moisturizer and poop barrier!

Edit to add the reason you absolutely can't use Vaseline is because it will make your cloth water repellent which is the exact opposite of what cloth diapers do!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • AriB08 said:
    Is it true that you have to have a Csection if you don't give birth within 24 hours of your water breaking? I've had at least 4 friends who were told this in the hospital while laboring.
    Blech, no. But it should be. My water broke at 7 pm on a Wednesday and I didn't have DD until Friday morning, and she ended up in the nicu for 2 days because I got an infection in the amniotic fluid. And she ended up having to be vacuumed out, and the cord was wrapped around her neck from being twisted. It was a mess. I didn't know to speak up but I had to endure pushing for 3 hours with a 104 temp and it was awful. 

Married 9/18/10
    TTC 1/1/12
    BFP #1 12/13/12 MMC Confirmed 1/30/13
    BFP #2 6/17/13, (Clomid+Ovidrel) CP Confirmed 6/26/13
    BFP #3 8/14/2013 (Letrozole+IUI) Charlie Grace born 5/2/2014

Laparoscopic surgery 8/15 to remove misplaced IUD

BFP #4, #5, #6  (Letrozole+IUI)all MMC, BFP #7 EDD 1/3/2017

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Heeb918Heeb918 member
    edited July 2016
    KAShock said:
    Any STMs have advice on potty training #1 before #2 is born? DD1 will be 2 in August and we're starting to talk about it, she likes to sit on her potty and sometimes lets us know if she's pooped, etc, but some other moms have poo-poo'd the idea saying she might regress after baby is born. I know every child and situation is different, but would anyone like to share their experience?
    We just potty trained last weekend with the 3 day undies method and it was brutal but worked like a charm. My DD tells me every time she has to go, now the only
    time she doesn't is if we are doing something fun and she forgets (like during fireworks today ugh) but otherwise it's been great. She turned 2 in May. I cannot imagine having another baby around while trying to watch her like a hawk and train later, so we did it now with enough time for her to make it second nature before #2 gets here.

Married 9/18/10
    TTC 1/1/12
    BFP #1 12/13/12 MMC Confirmed 1/30/13
    BFP #2 6/17/13, (Clomid+Ovidrel) CP Confirmed 6/26/13
    BFP #3 8/14/2013 (Letrozole+IUI) Charlie Grace born 5/2/2014

Laparoscopic surgery 8/15 to remove misplaced IUD

BFP #4, #5, #6  (Letrozole+IUI)all MMC, BFP #7 EDD 1/3/2017

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @heeb918
    You had a 104 fever?!?  Did you start labor with a fever (from seasonal flu or something)? Or did you develop it during?
    eiyher way sounds like some serious mis-management.   So sorry for you!

DD1 (2008) DD2 (2010), #3 (DH's first bio kid) on the way in January 2017!
    Almost always mobile bumping--forgive my typos. :)
  • sagoonsagoon member
    Nthing taking everything the hospital provides.  They usually stock the really thick old-fashioned diaper inserts - take those whether you are cloth-diapering or not. They make the best burp cloths.  Also  make sure to take the snot-sucker.  The hospital grade ones are ten times better than the ones you can buy in the store.

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • K STMs. Anyone notice a difference in the frequency of spotting from cervical irritation from pregnancy to pregnancy? I remember occasionally spotting post sex last time and after getting my membranes stripped but certainly not every time. This pregnancy I feel like I spot at least a little bit every single time anything gets close to my cervix! 
  • @katesmama0706 fortunately, I haven't spotted with either of these two pregnancies. My cervix, however, is suuuuuper sensitive this pregnancy. It hurts horribly anytime anything is near it. 
  • @katesmama0706 I had absolutely zero spotting with my first pregnancy. This pregnancy, I had been spotting from around 7.5 weeks up until a few days ago, every day. This is without even having sex since my BFP. My cervix must be super sensitive this time around. 

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • sagoon said:
    The hospital grade ones are ten times better than the ones you can buy in the store.
    Glad you said that because I totally had one on my registry. Even though it's only $2, totally taking that crap off now if I can hawk it from the hospital ;)
  • One question about grabbing stuff from the hospital, and sorry if this sounds really naive: doesn't the staff ever yell at you for taking stuff? I can understand taking "consumables" and disposable stuff like diapers and ointment, because the cost of those is probably factored into your bill. But wouldn't the hospital want to keep the reusable things like hats and swaddling blankets? Please don't misunderstand me, I'm keeping a mental list of all these suggestions and fully intent to take advantage of your advice; just want to know how sneaky I should be ;)
  • @marynog nope because your insurance pays for it all. They cant reuse anything that was in your room so you may as well take it. In fact often times nurses will help you pack it all up and bring you extras! 
  • @marynog nope because your insurance pays for it all. They cant reuse anything that was in your room so you may as well take it. In fact often times nurses will help you pack it all up and bring you extras! 
    Well, @marynog does have a point about the swaddle blankets.  Those are totally reused and were not one of the things the staff was readily advising me to take last time.  I still stuck a couple in my go home bag because I wanted to lay them down on the changing table, but I felt like I had to sneak them out.

BabyFetus Ticker

• That is true. But they won't search your bags on the way out or anything to make sure you haven't tossed a few blankets in with your diapers and mesh panties 
  • We were told taking the blankets was fine, and the hats/onsie shirts. I'm sure each hospital is different!
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
  • sagoonsagoon member
    I only took one swaddle blanket because it was the first blanket he was ever wrapped in.

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker