January 2017 Moms

Symptoms 6/27

2»

Re: Symptoms 6/27

• Yes @cjs260 it has knocked me on my butt today. I can't move. 
  • I am so. Sick. Of. Bloat. I look like I took a bender on wing and beer night. That stage when you don't have a cute "oh, you're preggo!" belly but just look fat, or like Norm from Cheers. Ugh. I forgot how lovely this part was. Oh, and zits. Okay, pity party over. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Team Blue ~ Jan. 20
    DS born 9/4/12
    MMC July 2015
    MMC January 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't moved past the tiredness yet! It's killing me! Bah!
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014

• How far along are you?

10w5d

Any wacky symptoms?

i crave things like today (chips and salsa) and then about an hour after eating whatever I craved, I get hit with severe m/s
    Baby Boy 3 is on the way! 
    Due 1/21/17
  • I am so. Sick. Of. Bloat. I look like I took a bender on wing and beer night. That stage when you don't have a cute "oh, you're preggo!" belly but just look fat, or like Norm from Cheers. Ugh. I forgot how lovely this part was. Oh, and zits. Okay, pity party over. 
    I totally could have written this one too! 
    Baby Boy 3 is on the way! 
    Due 1/21/17
  • @TinaBelcher I randomly get moments where I'm emotional. We had a diversity meeting today at work and I was getting passionate about a part of it, and then listening to this women talk about her experience on a TED talk left me almost crying in the office! At a diversity meeting! What??
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • @cjs260 yes!! My biggest fear is that I'll fall asleep while driving! 
  • I swear, I am never ever ever ever going to brag again about morning sickness going away again. It's like literally within an hour of telling someone, "I think it's gone!" it comes right back and honestly, I thought at 13.5 weeks, in the 2nd trimester, it was surely over, but alas. TMI but 6 back-to-back rounds of violent puking where there was nothing left to throw up so it turned into bile :persevere:
  • TinaBelcherTinaBelcher member
    edited July 2016
    Aw that blows I'm so sorry @canavara! I totally feel you, I'm afraid to say anything, knocking on wood and hoping I'm not jinxing myself and whatever other superstitious nonsense I can drum up to maybe help  :s
  • OK, I know that I'm probably over thinking this, but is it normal for heartburn and nausea to still be hanging around at the beginning of second tri? I feel like this is a dumb question and I feel silly even asking it,  but, idk, it will make me feel better to hear everyone's experience.  :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @LCartee2016 totallyyyyy normal. Heartburn may actually hang around the whole pregnancy due to organs being moved around to make room for baby. 
  • @Katesmama thanks! It was just weirding me out that the heartburn is causing more nausea than a couple of weeks ago. I appreciate the reassurance though! I'm a hot mess right now!  :D
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @tinabelcher It blows but I just keep telling myself it's the tax for cute babies. Hope your M/S has gotten better :)
  • @LCartee2016 oh yeah. I chewed up 2 tums yesterday before we even ate dinner because I realized I'd made spicy food without even realizing it and I didn't want to be sick all night. It only kind of helped. My 1 year old on the other hand ate like 5 servings of it and didn't even act like it phased her so I feel like a big baby. 
  • @Katesmama I'm learning my triggers better now (though it's still pretty random and hormone induced, I'm sure) but this MS deal is no joke! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I noticed today that my jeans are getting more uncomfortable up at the top.  Guess someone's growing! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @TinaBelcher  I have majorly sore wrists and arms too, I have carpal tunnel and tendonitis already and in pregnancy its a million times worse. It feels like such a random symptom but its awful! 

• I woke up this morning, and I feel normal. That's the first time that's happened in weeks. Now, of course, I'm worried. I'm sure symptoms will return and I will regret missing them though. 
  • Vivi20Vivi20 member
    The exhaustion is destroying me. Every day I feel awful. Even just taking a shower seems to knock me on my feet. *knocks on wood* the nausea is substantially improved, though I do have moments here and there where I feel a little pukey. There are still some foods I just can't do, like pasta with tomato based sauces. Because I've been feeling so horrible, I've been making an even more concerted effort to eat especially healthy. I don't eat junk to begin with, but I've cut out all non-organic foods and have upped my water intake. But the exhaustion? It's intense. I'm also normally a very reserved, filtered person, but I've found that I'm much more aggressive and short lately. I have almost no filter now. It's sort of nice and will perhaps come in handy when I see my MIL.
    Have I mentioned how exhausted I am?
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSave
  • Feeling extra moody today.  MIL and SIL are visiting and they tend to grate on my nerves (SIL much more so than MIL, she's very narcissistic), but I can tell that my annoyance today is at least partially fueled by ragey pregnancy hormones.  If you're a praying person, please pray for me that I'll be able keep the snark to a minimum!
  • Vivi20Vivi20 member
    Ugghhh.....in-laws. @karaelaine1991 I feel you on the narcissistic SIL. While mine is okay (in small doses), she tends to praise herself a lot. Even when I'm not pregnant and full of ragey pregnancy hormones, it drives me up the wall. One of the least humble people I know. I will say a prayer for you.
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSave
  • jlea05 said:
    Ugghhh.....in-laws. @karaelaine1991 I feel you on the narcissistic SIL. While mine is okay (in small doses), she tends to praise herself a lot. Even when I'm not pregnant and full of ragey pregnancy hormones, it drives me up the wall. One of the least humble people I know. I will say a prayer for you.
    Thank you!
  • @canavara how awful. I'm so sorry. I feel like with my first pregnancy it went away gradually and not like a light switch, but I'm hoping yours bounces and never comes back. 

I'm sick as heck lately. No puking, just feel like I binged on McDonald's for 3 days straight (which I didn't). I just feel severely blah and can't do anything. And I hate everyone. 
  • edited July 2016
    How far along are you?

10 weeks!

Any wacky symptoms?

Nausea/Gagging while brushing teeth 

Complaints?

This is my first pregnancy, I am overweight/considered obese, but I feel like I'm huge already! My friend says I'm just bloated and I hope that's the case. MIL thinks I'm having multiples (history of multiples with in laws family)! She told me she wasn't as big as I am until she was 7 months

Any Food Cravings?

I am SOOOO suggestive right now!! If I see a commercial/video for something or smell food and can identify it, I WANT IT!!

Me: 27 | Husband: 30
    Met: September 13, 2008
    Married: September 13, 2016
    Surprise BFP 05/20/16 - EDD 1/31/16

• 11w5d
    Symptoms? I have been pretty lucky.
    Complaints? My boobs are killing me. DH can't even give me a good hug without me gasping in pain. Snuggled with the scared dog (ugh, fireworks) last night and I swear he had no concept of "ouch." Paws here, paws there, paws everywhere. Otherwise I am starting to notice that I get dizzy, which scares me. We were out at a festival in the heat and I had to practically run for a chair. I thought it might have been the heat, but it happened again in an air conditioned building.
    Food cravings? Eh. Everything, really. I walked away from the grocery store with blackberries, cherries, bananas, and apples. Otherwise super spicy foods. Yum.
  • @sunsetsky the dizziness could be low blood sugar or dehydration. Both are super common when you're pregnant.
  • @katesmama0706, I was super scared and consulted Dr. GOOGLE right away. Apparently, it's normal... something about this time being the time where your blood really starts to build up and the heart is adapting to having to work with it all. Midwife didn't seem concerned. I drink a crap ton of water  (~70 ounces a day) and eat plenty of fruit, so I imagine it's not dehydration or blood sugar levels though.

It does make me sad because I feel like it is going to limit what I perceive as safe exercise wise.
  • Vivi20Vivi20 member
    @SunsetSky I experience the same thing. I had it, too, when I was pregnant with my daughter. It's a terrible feeling, I hate it.
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSave
  • Vivi20Vivi20 member
    My newest symptom is that I've constantly been hungry. I haven't had a big appetite up till this point, but now i'm eating every 1-2 hours. Normally I can go 3-4 hours before I get hungry. This makes me a little nervous, because as vain as it sounds, I'm terrified that this baby will be the undoing of my body. I snapped back immediately with my daughter. My body literally did not change. I'm really nervous I won't be so lucky this time around.
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSave
  • jlea05 said:
    My newest symptom is that I've constantly been hungry. I haven't had a big appetite up till this point, but now i'm eating every 1-2 hours. Normally I can go 3-4 hours before I get hungry. This makes me a little nervous, because as vain as it sounds, I'm terrified that this baby will be the undoing of my body. I snapped back immediately with my daughter. My body literally did not change. I'm really nervous I won't be so lucky this time around.
    If your body does change (mine did after DD,and she was my first), be kind to yourself.  You'll have had two babies; change is entirely normal.  Give yourself 40weeks/10 months to lose the weight before you start to really worry about it.  Make healthy choices but don't go overboard. And some things may never be exactly "normal"again,  but that is ok! I did manage to get back down to my pre-DD weight before this baby was conceived, but my body definitely looks different.  I have a belly and saggy boobs, but that's because I carried and fed my daughter.  Absolutely nothing to be ashamed of, and it is totally possible to rock your new body even if it's different from before!
  • @jlea05, have you tried just eating smaller portioned meals and snacks throughout the day vs. 3 normals meals? My midwife suggested it to help with bloating and to get the most out of food.
  • How far along are you?
    14+1

Any wacky symptoms?
    I feel like I've actually lost my appetite a little.  I didn't have much morning sickness during the first tri, and actually felt like eating small, frequent meals helped combat any nausea.  Also, I did get hunger pangs very couple of hours.  I feel like I'm not getting that now and it's kind of freaking me out.  When I actually sit down to eat, I eat a full meal though.  I'm trying to chalk up to the fact that we were traveling this weekend and I didn't have my normal foods, and that take-out and restaurant foods were just too fatty and rich for me, but I don't know.  Has anyone experienced this?

Complaints?  Not much to speak of.  I have had a dull ache...it's more like a pulling sensation...as if I pulled something in my groin. It's off to the left side.  I don't think it's RLP because isn't that more of a sharp pain?  I guess perhaps it's ligaments stretching.  Any thoughts on this?

Is anyone having food cravings?  Not really, but whenever someone posts on here about a craving or a food item, I generally think, "oh that sounds good. I want that." Even though I'm not hungry (see above lol).
  • Vivi20Vivi20 member
    @karaelaine1991 You are so right. Logically I know this, I just really struggle with it. Recently my cousin saw me and made a comment about how I'm now sporting some "big mama hips" (I was wearing leggings, but not a shirt long enough to cover my bum. Bad, I know!) But it gave me such a complex! I felt awful afterwards and changed my clothes. I'm still fitting in my size 0 jeans (I'm short and small framed, so I don't look sick or anything), so I know I'm obviously not big, but still! I hate how people feel like commenting on a pregnant woman's body is acceptable.
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSave
  • @jlea05 I think your cousin is out of line, but I feel like this behavior is unfortunately so common.  For some reason, no matter how many millions of pregnant women have walked the face of this earth, it seems like people lose their mind every time they encounter a pregnant woman and all etiquette goes out the window.  It's like a pregnant woman's body is constantly being judged as if it's not her own body anymore and that's why it's acceptable to comment on.  That's the only way I can rationalize it.  I already feel incredibly self-conscious about how my body is subtly changing and it does give me a lot of anxiety to feel like I'm going to be on display in the coming months (or maybe even now?).  Earlier today I was actually thinking to myself, I wonder if I've ever said something that was intended to be complimentary to a pregnant woman that made her feel like I was judging her body, even if I was 100% well-intentioned.  
  • jlea05 said:
    @karaelaine1991 You are so right. Logically I know this, I just really struggle with it. Recently my cousin saw me and made a comment about how I'm now sporting some "big mama hips" (I was wearing leggings, but not a shirt long enough to cover my bum. Bad, I know!) But it gave me such a complex! I felt awful afterwards and changed my clothes. I'm still fitting in my size 0 jeans (I'm short and small framed, so I don't look sick or anything), so I know I'm obviously not big, but still! I hate how people feel like commenting on a pregnant woman's body is acceptable.
    I agree with @LoneStar21416, your cousin never should've said something like that! And if it makes you feel any better, I haven't been a size 0 since I was like 13 hahaha so you're doing great! I am at a healthy BMI for my height but like all women, I do have areas I wouldn't mind being different... but I try to maintain a healthy body image. We're our own harshest critics; no one is going to mind how you look anywhere near as much as you do and if they do, then THEY'RE the ones with a problem, not you! :)