December 2016 Moms

Symptoms 6.28.16

2»

Re: Symptoms 6.28.16

• 18 weeks today and last night I had real cramping..like period pain. Seems to go from my low back for a while then switches to front. Bit better today just the ligament pain. 
  • This one isn't a pregnancy symptom, but it is a stayed-too-long-at-the-lake-without-sunscreen symptom. I have bad sunburns! Like I'm crispy. Aloe Vera hasn't offered any relief yet :(
  • Loading the player...
  • @ashleaf2018 a friend of mine just got crisped up too and said Apple cider vinegar was helping. She isn't expecting so maybe check that good old safety factor (how could it not be, topically?) and maybe it will help you too! Ouch!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @swhiddon33 I'll probably try that! My mom told me milk of magnesia helps so that's what I'm trying tonight before I go to bed.
  • DiFazette said:
    Thanks ladies - with my history of severe pre-e my doc wants to see me tomorrow.  Too much pressure on the heart with an irregular beat can exacerbate blood pressure issues.  My guess is i'll end up with a Holter monitor over the 4th of July long weekend - yay!  I really just want this pregnancy to be over.  I knew as soon as it started I wanted to fast forward to this winter.  Too many complications to be worried about that stress me the hell out.
    Good luck! Keep us posted. This may be a dated entry even so if you've got an update shoot it our way! 

@swhiddon33 - thanks!  I see the cardiologist tomorrow.  I'll let everyone know what they say - especially since it's very common around 20 weeks (and especially common with multiples).  Hoping the 'ol ticker checks out okay.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Sneezing all day everyday, constantly blowing my nose, occasional sore throats (typically in the evenings and I wake up in the morning fine).

Peeing, peeing from sneezing, etc.

Obsessed with food, give me all the food, trying to stop eating all the food, gonna eat better tomorrow every single day kind of obsessed with food. Sigh. Sometimes I will see a food item and want it so much that I will literally start crying. If I'm crying it's usually because of some food. 

Oh, and totally elaborate and realistic dreams that can border on bizarre or are just interesting like Donald Trump shows up for no reason wearing butt-less chaps kind of interesting.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • TollerToller member
    @jennannra I haven't had this since the first few weeks but I do remember paperwork saying to call doc if there was cramping that didn't go away with rest and water.

Is it in intervals or just random? Had a bm lately?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Here are my symptoms at 17 weeks.
    -RLP at unexpected times, but particularly when standing up awkwardly
    -Return of nausea and fatigue (first time since 13 weeks), I think maybe this is related to a baby growth spurt because I woke up with a surprisingly noticeable baby bump at 17 weeks 0 days!
    -STUFFY NOSE!  It's awful, it feels like I am sick with a cold all the time.  I have to wear one of those stupid nose strips so I don't snore and wake up DH.
    -Winded easily, it's very hard to exercise at all, which of course is making the fatigue worse.
    -IBS.  I have either diarrhea or constipation, interchangeably, throughout the day.  There's no telling which it will be.  This is probably my worst symptom right now.

Fun times, y'all.
  • I have been itchy all over (specifically abdomen/butt/pelvic region, arms, and feet) for several weeks, but a few days ago I started having light green stools and only light green stools. I didn't eat a bunch of kale or anything. I know they say iron pills can do it, but I'm not on those. I'm on the same prenatal gummies I have been taking for over a year before I got preggers. Never had this issue before, ever. 

My OB blew me off last week when I mentioned testing for cholestasis of pregnancy but now I think I need to insist. 
    December 2016 August Siggy Challenge: Embarrassing Back to School Pics

BabyFruit Ticker

• @DumbledoresArmy With you on the IBS thing. :/
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @ashleaf2018 I like to freeze my aloe Vera in an ice cube try. It at least feels good while your putting it on. 
  • @DiFazette thanks for the update! Hopefully your week goes quickly with the monitor.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• mjgfmjgf member
    Has anyone had any swelling at all yet? 18w4d now and yesterday my hands were swollen to where my normally half-size-too-big rings wouldn't come off. It went away with lots of water and rest, but today it's my ankles and feet that are puffed up. We did do lots of walking yesterday, so maybe that's it, I just wasn't expecting this symptom this early on. 
  • I swell when I exercise and when I'm dehydrated but no swelling has stuck around long.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• @mforinger - Are your ankles and feet mildly, moderately or severely swollen?  Do you 'pit' at your ankles (meaning you push it and it stays pitted)?  I'd get a BP reading to rule out any serious concerns if you would say moderate/severe or show any signs of pitting.  Could be nothing and normal summer pregnancy stuff but I would want to check to be sure.  

Pregnancy Ticker     

• I've got what looks like a little swelling around my ankles but my mom told me that it was most likely fluid retention from the heat and not drinking enough water. I'r been drinking a lot more water and it's not as swollen as it was, and it wasn't swollen much to begin with.
  • gowencgowenc member
    I have had some swelling, but it's not too different from what I usually experience in the heat without being pregnant. 

Baby boy must be growing fast, I have been totally wiped out today - and hungry! Otherwise, I've got sensitive skin issues, on my legs in particular - very itchy. Some moodiness, mainly when my blood sugar is low. 

I started to feel him kick over the weekend - makes all the symptoms worth it!
  • mjgfmjgf member
    I'd consider my swelling mild. I didn't actually notice it until later in the day, but I also was sitting in a staff meeting all day rather than being up/about throughout the day. So that probably didn't help. I go to the dr on Monday so I'm hoping it improves before then, but I will ask either way. I've been having trouble getting enough water in on a daily basis too- but making more of an effort now! 
  • I had to quit wearing my wedding ring last week. It was getting hard to put on and take off. I could still get it off under cold water, but I don't want to do that every day so it's now on a chain around my neck. I have an appt next week, so will also check about any possible blood pressure issues. I haven't noticed any swelling other than that.
    <3 D 2014 
    DD- 11/2016