September 2016 Moms
Options

GD Check-In - Week of 6/27

2»

Re: GD Check-In - Week of 6/27

• Options
    So tomorrow is the first time I am seeing my OB since the diagnosis, I have a few questions but I want to make sure I am being thorough.
    1. How will this impact my delivery? (I.E. induction, C-section, monitoring during/after)
    2. What would make you induce early? (I really want to keep him cooking as long as possible)
    3. Will I have more ultrasounds?
    4. What symptoms should make me seek medical attention?

Any more that I should ask? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Megan324 I think those sounds good.  My practice induces at 39-40 weeks (won't let you go past 40) but if you are comfortable going past 40 weeks maybe daily NST's could be something you could suggest.  A GD diagnosis for my MFM practice means twice weekly NST's and once a week fluid checks starting at 32 weeks.  And growth scans at 28, 32, and 36 weeks.  So maybe ask if they have a similar protocol?
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So my OB said no to retaking the glucose test.
    She says that my 1hr might have been a fluke but the high number in my chart will still impact my L&D, regardless if I pass the 3hr. 
    but she only wants me to test once a day for the next 2 weeks and if I don't have a high number then test once every other day. 
    I'm totally fine with this., the diet and the testing weren't my concern, my concern was the L&D.

She also said that while she is most comfortable inducing me at 39 weeks that we can assess based on my ultrasounds (36 and 38 weeks).
    Hopefully I will still get the natural birth that I have envisioned but I really just want healthy baby!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    camichael84camichael84 member
    edited July 2016
    @Megan324 Glad she's being understanding and hope she'll let you go without the induction. I had your worry during my first pregnancy. I really, really wanted to go into labor naturally. My induction was scheduled for 39w3d, and I went into labor on my own two days before. I don't know how much they helped, but I tried some natural methods to try and help induce labor-- sex, walking, and as silly as this sounds... watching YouTube videos of roses opening and trying to imagine that opening feeling (nipple stimulation is supposed to help, too, but they hurt too bad for that). 

As much as I realize an induction will be more convenient for me this time, I really would prefer to go into labor on my own. I don't want to be stuck on Pitocin if I don't have to be.

Eta: Raspberry leaf tea is suppose to help, too!

• Options
    I started Glyburide the last night. My OB had me start on the same dose I started with my first pregnancy. I ended up on a higher dose last time, so I wasn't surprised it didn't get my fasting numbers under 95, but it did bring them down some! The nurse was also really good at making me realize my numbers aren't horrible, even if they are higher than they were my last pregnancy. 

• Options
    @camichael84 She is seriously the best.
    She said that if everything looks good and he isn't huge that she will let me go to 40 + 2 before she has to start inducing.

I've heard about the raspberry tea, I will definitely try it!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Question... what additional tests/ultrasounds will be done?  When?  I don't see my OB again for 2 more weeks.
  • Options
    @MamaSquishyB my MFM practice does a growth u/s every 4 weeks.  So you would possibly have a growth scan at 28, 32 and 36 weeks?  Depends on when you were diagnosed I guess.  I also do twice weekly NSTs and once a week fluid checks starting at 32 weeks.  It really varies by practice and what your OB feels is necessary. 
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker