February 2017 Moms

Gender reveal party

13»

Re: Gender reveal party

• lap018lap018 member
    Back to gender reveal parties, my hubs and I had one but we found out the gender together at the u/s in private and had a family get together (entire family aunts uncles cousins etc) and only friends who asked to be there and we let the reveal be done by our parents, my parents thought girl his thought boy so we gave them each a box the correct box had the corresponding color balloon and the wrong box had white balloon. And we absolutely did not have gifts (who does that?) and we provided a nacho/taco bar and out door games like horse shoes, the bean bag one(cannot recal name of it) frisbee etc it was a lot of fun. They can be done tactfully and not be AW, we weren't even the ones opening the boxes so I fail to see how that would be considered AW? But to each their own 
  • peachesnbeanpeachesnbean member
    edited July 2016
    I haven't read (edit) all the comments, but I am in the minority. We did them with both of our girls and it was a lot of fun! We just invited immediate family and close close friends. For our out of state relatives, it was nice because they wanted to celebrate the baby on the way but I was very uncomfortable with the idea of a shower. same for DD2. Note: no gifts were given at either reveal. DD1 we did a pinata and DD2 we did a punching board with colored peeps. This go around I doubt we will do a party, but we will do a picture with pink or blue silly string that our girls will spray us with. 

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • My family will be visiting from out of state when I'm expecting to get the results from my nipt. If we celebrate, it'll mostly be about low risk, with a skosh of "Oh look, it's got internal or external plumbing." 
  • Yes this is our first. No I want be throwing my own shower.  Now can I have gifts????? 
    I thought it was funny. I literally laughed out loud. Yes. Take the gifts. ....I don't expect them. But I also throw parties cause I want to. Because I'm excited. I'm happy. And I don't care who finds it tacky. I'm not throwing my own. But I would if I had Noone that offered. No one's forced to come. I want to celebrate. And have pictures. And show my baby later how excited we were.  
  • I haven't read (edit) all the comments, but I am in the minority. We did them with both of our girls and it was a lot of fun! We just invited immediate family and close close friends. For our out of state relatives, it was nice because they wanted to celebrate the baby on the way but I was very uncomfortable with the idea of a shower. same for DD2. Note: no gifts were given at either reveal. DD1 we did a pinata and DD2 we did a punching board with colored peeps. This go around I doubt we will do a party, but we will do a picture with pink or blue silly string that our girls will spray us with. 
    That does sound fun! I think that's awesome. I like the peeps idea! @peachesnbean
  • phlox728phlox728 member
    edited July 2016
    No way no how. My friend asked me if she could do one for me this time and I politely nipped it right away. Other then reasons already stated, we have 3 girls and 0 boys. This is our last pregnancy and if we have to spend a moment mourning the fact we will never have a boy (not that I wouldn't be happy with another girl because my girls are awesome) I don't want it to be in front of a crowd.

Same here! Not holding out any hope that #4 is a boy! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This is our 2nd child but I know close family and friends are going to buy gifts regardless of if I have another girl or its a boy but I'm letting them know no shower.  Before baby gets here I would like to do dinner with those that I'm close with but it will be my treat.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • phlox728 said:
    No way no how. My friend asked me if she could do one for me this time and I politely nipped it right away. Other then reasons already stated, we have 3 girls and 0 boys. This is our last pregnancy and if we have to spend a moment mourning the fact we will never have a boy (not that I wouldn't be happy with another girl because my girls are awesome) I don't want it to be in front of a crowd.

Same here! Not holding out any hope that #4 is a boy! 
    Lurking from Nov 16. We have 3 girls and this is our 4th and last pregnancy.. we never did a reveal with our first 3, and just quietly told family after my husband and I found out together. This being our last, and me always really hoping for a son.. I didn't want a reveal because like you had mentioned I wanted it to be just my husband and I if there was even a moment of disappointment before being happy the baby was healthy regardless of sex. My best friend so badly wanted to tell us, and we agreed.. but she came over one night just her, and poured m&ms into a cup for my husband and I. The idea being if there were peanuts it was a boy, plain.. a girl. I'd never been so happy to be eating peanut m&ms!! So I'll cross my fingers for you ladies that your #4 is a boy like mine!!
  • I personally can't wait to have a gender reveal party! Since I can't plan anything without knowing gender, I can at least plan this! It will be immediate family and a handful of good friends, so less than 15 people. We're doing cider and donuts at a local park and I think I'm going to buy push pop confetti poppers on etsy for the reveal. My family loves getting together and we have young nieces and nephews, which will make it fun! 
  • Sarah1253Sarah1253 member
    edited July 2016
    At my OB clinic they offer a service where they have a cake ready for you if you want it. They have one of each in clinic. I think we will do that and bring it home for us and our little guy. Our parents will also be there but no one else. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Samuel Jacob 
    Due 2/16/17

• We are going to have a sex reveal but it's mostly for ourselves. It's just gonna be a small BBQ at our house with our close family. We like the idea of hitting a baseball that explodes with the color because DH's childhood was all baseball. No presents are expected at all, just going to have few burgers and beverages and enjoy each other's company with a little fun finding out our baby's sex along with the fam. 
  • icedrop10icedrop10 member
    edited July 2016
    We did a gender reveal party but kept it pretty simple - potluck with direct family only. It was pretty fun finding out together. We're team green this time around. 

• With our first, we just told our parents and close family/friends and word spread from there.  H's mom and my sister came to the 20 week u/s so they were there for the official reveal.  The only cutesy thing I did was send a small blue-themed bouquet to my aunt to let her know the results (she's been like a mom to me since my own mom died, but lived across the country at the time).

We'll do something similar this time around.  My H would probably like it, but he knows I am decidedly not a party person.  I also know H's family is dying for a girl, so I don't want to deal with all their unwanted "awww, too bad"s if we have another boy.
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • jab3-2jab3-2 member
    Sarah1253, that's really cute that they do a little cake.
    As for the gender reveal parties I don't like it. I've only been invited to one and I didn't go. I don't even do announcements and stuff like that though, but I love seeing others ideas.