Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Anxiety!!

I was curious to see if any other women out there had a history of anxiety and their miscarriage triggered a reoccurrence of anxiety attacks. I have suffered from anxiety and depression since I was a teenager but I had a really good hold on it the last couple of years (I'm 31) It's been 3 weeks since my D&C and I think I caught my anxiety too late and now have spun until a full on panic. It's so awful. I really wasn't that upset about the miscarriage I thought I was handling it very well. I'm not sure if it's a drop in hormones or maybe I just didn't process this correctly. Anyone with a similar experience? 

Re: Anxiety!!

• I have had the same experience since my miscarriage in March. My anxiety has been so much worse. I think some of tibia the change in hormones and some of it the increased stress of the loss. I found myself worrying all the time and jumping to the worse conclusion all the time. It does get better, but it did take me some time. 

• I'm so sorry for your loss @Jmccabe12210.

Yes, my anxiety is pretty awful. I had panic attacks the week after my D&C that caused me to believe I was actually dying. I've had pretty terrible hypochondria the weeks since my loss. I think it's pretty normal. Your hormones are out of whack and since the worst thing that could happen to your pregnancy happened, it's easy to believe the worst will keep happening.