October 2016 Moms

Weekly Randoms 6.27.2016

12345679»

Re: Weekly Randoms 6.27.2016

• MRSCORKERMRSCORKER member
    edited July 2016
    So scary @UFJen! Glad you're ok! I've been wondering about driving once I'm really big. I'm short so I have to drive with my chair pretty far up. I'm not sure I'll fit behind the wheel come September! I'm hoping my doc will write me a note so I can work from home and not have to take any mat leave before the baby comes. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• UFJenUFJen member
    thanks @bnsmith85, me too it was a scare for sure! 

working from home sounds ideal! With my job it's a possibility as well so I may look into it @MRSCORKER
  • Loading the player...
  • @UFJen so glad you and baby are ok!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Had to leave a party early tonight the RLP was so bad on my right side. My moms thinks it's BH but I don't think so....but really..... Ughhhh I hate leaving early! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @ufjen I'm glad you and baby are okay! That's one of my worst fears these days- other drivers and their stupidity. 
  • Yay @MRSCORKER... I know y'all have been dying for that to happen!
  • Is there anyone who started their LO out in a crib instead of a RNP or PNP in their bed? I'm sure we'll end up doing dining in our room but just wondering if it's unheard of to just go straight to crib.
  • This is my first baby but my cousin just put her kid straight in the crib from day one. The room was right next door to theirs. My baby brothers went straight to their cribs 30 years ago, although I think the crib was in my parents' room at least at first.

• Hey @CopperBoom86....

Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • DS was in a sidecar type cosleeper until 6 months (way too long for him) but I've got several friends who went straight to the crib and were very happy with the results. We will still have this one room in with us for probably 6-8 weeks and then try to transition to crib. 
  • @bnsmith85 DD was a crib sleeper right away, and quite successfully might I add. LO slept in a bassinet in our room for 6 months, but only because he didn't have a room of his own (or a crib yet for that matter). He transitioned very well though!
  • We're planning on straight to crib because our bedroom door doesn't close properly which means there is no way to keep the animals out and one in particular is going to be a crib jumper 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• DD was in her crib by 4 weeks. She's always been a great sleeper from day 1 and we had no issues. In fact, the only reason we have issues now is because we switched her to a full bed too soon. @bnsmith85

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • @ibabyloveb87 - Yaaassss! Bonus points cause it's pink! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • F47F47 member
    I hate fireworks. Always have, always will. 

Also, hiiiiiii everyone! I'm on vacay this week, so I've been completely MIA. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @F47 whaaaaat?! I'm like a kid on Christmas morning every time I watch fireworks... Eyes wide and a huge smile on my face lol. They're my favorite 
  • TurtleMommaTurtleMomma member
    edited July 2016
    I got a kindle on Friday (I've got a reader, but this is the actual tablet) and so far I'm ambivalent to it. The upside is that I can stream PBS kids on it so DS can watch Daniel Tiger but the downside is that DS knows this and has already started having tantrums when I say no to his requests. Oops.

I feel like I complain about DS all the time on here, lol. Having an almost 3yo is fucking hard, yo.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• F47F47 member
    @bnsmith85 I've just never been impressed by them. Even as a kid. 

But, I especially hate them now that I have a dog that's scared of them and a two year old who is a very light sleeper. And, my neighbors (even here on vacation) are regularly setting off full boom fireworks at 12:30 a.m. Real cool, people. 

/end rant. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @TurtleMomma I hear you! My 3 year old didn't have 'terrible twos' but right before her 3rd bday she became this little hellion. The only silver lining for us is that while she's a monster at home with me, she is such a good kid when she's out in public or at family's house. But it is exhausting!!!