January 2017 Moms

Randoms 6.27.16

Re: Randoms 6.27.16

• @jlea05 are you sure my MIL and yours aren't one in the same? :D My MIL sounds like yours but she also is a one-upper--if you had a bad day she had it a little worse, if you have something awesome happen to you she'll share something just a little more exciting. When her, my Mom and my girlfriends put a baby shower together for me for DS, the day of she decided she couldn't come because some long lost Aunt had passed away and expected my husband to go up to Cleveland and miss his diaper party for the funeral.  I'd been with my hubby for 10 years at that point and never met the Aunt or heard of her and she wasn't at our wedding but my MIL was crying and upset nonetheless and caused so much drama that we didn't talk to her for three months! And when my hubby finally did he told her to basically cut the shit and grow up:hushed: lol To this day she "thanks us" for letting her be apart of our lives. I too can only do her in small doses and I've started not to hold my tongue anymore but I'm not mean to her. Not having alcohol usually means less visits for us because I simply can't deal! Lol 
  • ashanne88 said:
    @TinaBelcher You were right about my ultrasound picture! I found out at my NT scan today that our twins are mono/di not di/di like they originally thought.  I'm kind of freaking out over this change and the increased risks.  I did really like the perinatologist that I saw though, which was good since I'll be seeing him a lot now.
    It's a little scary but mono-di is wayyyy better risk wise than momo, and identicals are just...  <3 my freaking heart could explode at the pending cuteness!! Congrats!!! (But also I'm sorry you might face more complications!) as long as you see your MFM (or perinatologist) regularly you should be totally fine. 

Gonna dm you in a sec... (I'm warning you because I always forget to check my inbox on this site lol)
  • Loading the player...
  • Vivi20Vivi20 member
    @BrennansMom2012 Oh my gosh, maybe they are the same woman, hahaha! She sounds like a real peach. Poor us!
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSave
  • Vivi20Vivi20 member
    Are any of you ladies who are pregnant with your second, third, etc.. baby experiencing this, too: 
    This is my second pregnancy, and I've noticed how different it is from when I was pregnant with my daughter. When I was pregnant with her, the time seemed to go by very slowly, I constantly read up on anything pregnancy related, and my mind was just all consumed with the pregnancy 100% of the time. It was all I thought about.
    This time around, while I am of course excited and happy to be pregnant, I feel that I'm so busy taking care of my daughter and the house that, while I don't *forget* that I'm pregnant, I'll go for a long time without really thinking of it. I'm not reading about the baby's development 20 times a day (cause I already know anyway), and I'm just a lot more....I don't know if "jaded" is the right word for it? 
    Does anyone know what I am very unsuccessfully trying to articulate? It's not that it's not exciting to be pregnant, it just doesn't feel like as big as an event as the first time?
    I feel like this makes me sound like a horrible mommy!
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSave
  • @jlea05 I definitely feel like I'm distracted this time around. Last pregnancy I had all the time in the world to read pregnancy books and blogs and forums. This time around it's like "oh hmm, how many weeks am I?"
    But I also feel like this pregnancy is dragging along. Last time it felt like it flew by, but when I got my weeks notification this morning I was like "ONLY 11 WEEKS?! How is it not like 20?"
  • Vivi20Vivi20 member
    For those of you who have had babies before: How far along were you when you first felt your baby move? I was 17 weeks with my daughter, and I know this will sound ridiculous, but I swear that I first felt her when I was about 13 weeks. I remember a couple strange feelings in my tummy around that time, but I shrugged it off because surely that was too early. But then at 17 weeks, I immediately recognized those same exact strange feelings (they were stronger at that point obviously). I'm very thin and small framed, so maybe it's possible, yes?
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSave
  • @jlea05 Baby number 3 here and I completely understand what you are trying to say.  In fact, DS and I decided to find out the sex of babies 2 and 3 due to the fact that I was having a harder time bonding since I'm so busy with the others now.  

With my first I wrote down milestones, took a ton of pictures, just sat and imagined what it would be like getting to know him.  I swear I paid attention to every little movement.  With my second and now my third I'm too exhausted to do those things.  By the time I get my other kids in bed for the night all I want to do is hop in the shower and go to bed.  I also feel like the second time around I "missed" more.  With DS1 I was sitting at a desk all day so counting kicks was easy and a way to pass the time, with DS2 I was chasing after a 15 month old so sitting around and just feeling the baby was a rarity.  

One thing that helps me is to spend time with the baby when the others go to sleep.  Even if its just a few minutes DH and I will talk about him or listen to his heartbeat, eventually we will feel him move.  It helps to remind me that our family is about to get a little bigger in a few short months :) 

As far as movement, the soonest I've felt both of mine has been 16 weeks.  I'm 14 weeks now and no movement.  I'm also very tiny, so I've always expected to feel them sooner but nope.  
  • jlea05 said:
    For those of you who have had babies before: How far along were you when you first felt your baby move? I was 17 weeks with my daughter, and I know this will sound ridiculous, but I swear that I first felt her when I was about 13 weeks. I remember a couple strange feelings in my tummy around that time, but I shrugged it off because surely that was too early. But then at 17 weeks, I immediately recognized those same exact strange feelings (they were stronger at that point obviously). I'm very thin and small framed, so maybe it's possible, yes?
    I felt DD at exactly 16 weeks. I remember because it was my birthday, December 16,and the week number stood out to me because I was 16 on the 16th. I'd say feeling baby as early as 13 weeks is probably very rare, but every woman, every baby, every pregnancy is different, so it's probably possible but unlikely.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Clothes mentor was having a 40% 4th of July sale and I scored two pairs of pants, pair of shorts and 2 shirts for $32. I have a couple other shirts coming in the mail and I'm hoping I can make due with what I have until it gets cold and I can get a few long sleeve shirts. Come on bump I am ready for you! 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• canavara said:
    So I'm at my cousin's son's 3rd birthday party today and I grab a Diet Coke since it's the only non alcoholic thing they have to drink... Some friend of my cousin asks me if I want "some Jack to liven that up" and I'm like, "oh no thanks, baby on the way" while pointing out my tiny tiny bump. And she says--and I can't figure out why anyone would say something like this unless they were brain damaged--"Oh I thought you were just fat!" And walks away...

What.
     :o  holy rotten bitch! Totally dumbfounded, that's so dumb/ rude/ uncalled for!!
  • BrialaBriala member
    @canavara I was a server at a fine dining restaurant my last pregnancy and it is amazing how many people think it is ok to say that. 

@jlea05 @BrennansMom2012 That sounds like my mother maybe they are all the same person in secret >.< I can't stand her
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Me: 26 DH: 29 Married 8/4/2012
    BFP #1 8/20/2013 | EDD 5/4/2014 | MMC 10/2/2013 9w3d | D&C 10/8/2013
    BFP #2 2/8/2014 (kinda) EDD 10/29/2014
     | DS Born 10/8/2014 
    TTCAL 11/2015 BFP #3 5/12/16 | EDD Jan 2017
  • Right? I thought she was kidding at first the way she said it so matter of factly, but then she just turned and walked away with a blank face. I have no idea who she was, so I don't really care but of course, OH felt he had to tell me like 20 times as we were leaving, "You don't look fat at all. You look like someone who is pregnant and has just started showing."
  • @canavara I wish I could snapchat you the face I made after reading that. I especially don't get it because you've posted on the HDBD thread and your tiny bump is obviously that - a baby bump. What an odd duck you met. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• @canavara Ditto on the fire thing.

Jan '17 August siggy challenge: Cat fails

• LecoolLecool member
    canavara said:
    So I'm at my cousin's son's 3rd birthday party today and I grab a Diet Coke since it's the only non alcoholic thing they have to drink... Some friend of my cousin asks me if I want "some Jack to liven that up" and I'm like, "oh no thanks, baby on the way" while pointing out my tiny tiny bump. And she says--and I can't figure out why anyone would say something like this unless they were brain damaged--"Oh I thought you were just fat!" And walks away...

What.
    What the actual F. 

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

• @canavara W.T.H. is wrong with people!? I'm flabbergasted! So sorry you had to deal with a crazy person :-/ 
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
  • ThePax89ThePax89 member
    edited July 2016
    Next time I blame my mom for ruining my psyche or whatever else I've accused her of as a teen...I'm going to remember all of the times she sat up with me as a sick child wondering if I'd be okay. My 20 month old has a fever of 104 and I'm terrified. (We've already been to urgent care and all that they found was an ear infection, which being treated). Lordy, momming is HARD 
  • ThePax89ThePax89 member
    edited July 2016
    @egilona my sister has anaphylactic reactions to dairy. She did not get this vaccine, nor a flu vaccine during her pregnancy with her January 2016 baby. For her it was a potential life or death situation, that could cause issues for her baby. 
  • ThePax89 said:
    Next time I blame my mom for ruining my psyche or whatever else I've accused her of as a teen...I'm going to remember all of the times she sat up with me as a sick child wondering if I'd be okay. My 20 month old has a fever of 104 and I'm terrified. (We've already been to urgent care and all that they found was an ear infection, which being treated). Lordy, momming is HARD 
    ::hugs:: hope that ear infection kicks it ASAP! 
  • @thepax89 That's scary! I hope your LO starts responding to the treatment soon and gets better fast!
  • LoneStar21416LoneStar21416 member
    edited July 2016
    Thank you @adorebella!! I am embarrassed to say I feel overwhelmed by maternity clothes. infeel like I need a personal shopper! We went to look at some stuff yesterday and I felt like most of it looked it was for people in their third trimester. I couldn't even figure out what would be an appropriate purchase for me at this stage.

I did try on one long, maxi type skirt and a pair of pants that had the belly thing you're describing. The skirt would have worked but for the fact that it was too long (I'm super short), and the belly portion of it was also way too big on me because my torso is very short as well...and my bump is just too small. I bought one causal dress that is super comfortable and made me happy. Unfortunately, I need to find professional clothes as well, which is where my discomfort is about this whole process!  

I only checked out Macy's, which had a pretty small section, and Target, which from reading on other threads here is hit or miss in-store.

I'm definitely looking for exactly what you are describing though: something to smooth out the stomach area so that I don't look lumpy when my normal pants/suits/leggings cut into me! I guess I just need to keep looking. I have a few Lularoe Julia dresses and Cassie skirts, which are helping. 

I also bought a size size up in my underwear and got lace elastic band hoping that would help too. Has anyone done this? It's only really necessary for my more fitted work dresses or the Julia's I own that are a small because that material is so thin. 

@thepax89 I hope your daughter feels better!!

edited for grammar 
  • I was having a crabby morning yesterday, then was pretty much ok...until I went to Subway (ok if you get it toasted). I asked for cheese only on half of it, didn't notice that he put cheese on all of it until after he toasted it and I had this overwhelming feeling of crying! I almost whined about it, but instead took a breath and said, "can you please scrape off the cheese?" haha it was an easy fix, but I had an immediate reaction to cry over it. What?????? I'm not usually "that" kind of person. If the guy noticed he probably thought I'm a crazy person .
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • @LoneStar21416 I'm a huge fan of Motherhood Maternity and I mostly just shop online. Their sizes are pretty standard S,M,L, etc and you basically buy whatever size you were pre-pregnancy. Their clothes are very stretchy and forgiving :) It looks like they have a nice sale now of buy one get one free. Old navy is nice too in that they categorize their stuff based on tri but I haven't been loving their styles personally. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sweetyjenj I had that same kind of "almost crying" thing today at Lowe's. The checkout people have always just come to our cart with the scanner thingy because the counter is so small, so I stood there for a second while this checkout lady was saying something to my husband, and then she turns to me and goes, "do you expect me to just do all of this for you? I'm not coming all the way over there (it's literally like two steps), I've been at work since 8, I'm too tired for that!" I haven't been too terribly emotional lately, but she was so rude, I had to fight back tears, and the urge to punch her. 

Jan '17 August siggy challenge: Cat fails

• Dinozaur said:
    @sweetyjenj I had that same kind of "almost crying" thing today at Lowe's. The checkout people have always just come to our cart with the scanner thingy because the counter is so small, so I stood there for a second while this checkout lady was saying something to my husband, and then she turns to me and goes, "do you expect me to just do all of this for you? I'm not coming all the way over there (it's literally like two steps), I've been at work since 8, I'm too tired for that!" I haven't been too terribly emotional lately, but she was so rude, I had to fight back tears, and the urge to punch her. 
    I would have lost my shit. Probably true prepregnancy also..oops but c'mon. I also would have reported her but I'm a bitch like that
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you @adorebella!! I am embarrassed to say I feel overwhelmed by maternity clothes. infeel like I need a personal shopper! We went to look at some stuff yesterday and I felt like most of it looked it was for people in their third trimester. I couldn't even figure out what would be an appropriate purchase for me at this stage.

I did try on one long, maxi type skirt and a pair of pants that had the belly thing you're describing. The skirt would have worked but for the fact that it was too long (I'm super short), and the belly portion of it was also way too big on me because my torso is very short as well...and my bump is just too small. I bought one causal dress that is super comfortable and made me happy. Unfortunately, I need to find professional clothes as well, which is where my discomfort is about this whole process!  

I only checked out Macy's, which had a pretty small section, and Target, which from reading on other threads here is hit or miss in-store.

I'm definitely looking for exactly what you are describing though: something to smooth out the stomach area so that I don't look lumpy when my normal pants/suits/leggings cut into me! I guess I just need to keep looking. I have a few Lularoe Julia dresses and Cassie skirts, which are helping. 

I also bought a size size up in my underwear and got lace elastic band hoping that would help too. Has anyone done this? It's only really necessary for my more fitted work dresses or the Julia's I own that are a small because that material is so thin. 

@thepax89 I hope your daughter feels better!!

edited for grammar 
    Have you checked Old Navy out yet?  I haven't gone maternity clothes shopping yet this time, but for my last pregnancy (bought clothes in November 2014), I found that a lot of their stuff in the store seemed targeted more for early-mid pregnancy.  If I remember correctly, their online store is organized by trimester, which is really helpful! Their prices are pretty good, too. 
  • cjs260cjs260 member
    We had to get a mat out of our poor Razzy's (cat) hair tonight. H had to hold her while I teased it out. She cried the whole time. I wasn't able to finish due to her crying making me cry. So now we have a scared cat who won't come near us, which makes me cry even more. Ugh hormones. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• LecoolLecool member
    Dinozaur said:
    @sweetyjenj I had that same kind of "almost crying" thing today at Lowe's. The checkout people have always just come to our cart with the scanner thingy because the counter is so small, so I stood there for a second while this checkout lady was saying something to my husband, and then she turns to me and goes, "do you expect me to just do all of this for you? I'm not coming all the way over there (it's literally like two steps), I've been at work since 8, I'm too tired for that!" I haven't been too terribly emotional lately, but she was so rude, I had to fight back tears, and the urge to punch her. 
    That lady was straight up rude. I don't blame you for wanting to punch her.

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

• Note to anyone looking for clothing: if your old navy doesn't sell maternity clothing in store, check the clearance section (ask an employee) for maternity clothes. If a customer returns maternity in store, they have to sell it for at least 50% off...but...all items are final sale. 
  • sweetyjenjsweetyjenj member
    edited July 2016
    @Dinozaur I would have wanted to cry at that, too!! I probably would have ended up saying something. Only a few months ago I moved from Los Angeles, where plastic bags were banned and paper bags cost money, so wasting several plastic bags now just seems thoughtless. At Target today the checkout lady used a plastic bag for a bag of dog food and a separate bag for 3 bananas.  I did not need bags for either...so instead of grabbing the bags, I took the 2 items out of the bags, made direct eye contact, and said "I can't wait until plastic bags are banned here, too." in an annoyed tone and walked out. WHAT? I was totally fine and nice until that point, so the random bitchiness came on really quickly, and I didn't really think before speaking :( I really can't wait until I'm my normal self again.

ETA: I did feel really bad as I walked out! I'm not usually like this haha.
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • @canavara why do people feel this is ok? With my first I was a lot heavier so I didn't really have an awkward stage or showing I was pregnant until about week 22 and then it was a lot of positive comments.

I'm much healthier this time around and I swear people wear an evil smile when they see me and are happy that I'm looking "fat" again. I've had more comments like, "really enjoying your summer aren't you?" or "taking time off from your diet?" or my favorite, "putting on some lbs aren't ya?" Which came from my friends asshat fiancé.  A lot more judgement this time around. And no, I actually haven't gained any additional pounds since the last time you've seen me--I'm just bloated, puffy and trying to feel comfortable in stretchy shorts, while making a human inside me and taking care of a 3.5 year old thank you very much!  :D Jerks! 
  • @BrennansMom2012 omg how freaking rude! People are the worst. 
  • @BrennansMom2012 Ughhhhhhh. Seriously, people are the worst. Even if they didn't know you were pregnant, there's NO reason in the world to say shit like that and you should never have to justify or defend yourself when you're selflessly carrying a human life and trying to provide it with a healthy home and nutrients. Yeesh.
  • @canavara I agree! They are the worst. All you can do is shrug them off and realize it's not you, it's them. If someone needs to say something negative about you to make themselves feel better it's a reflection of their own insecurities. Everyone feels they need to share every damn thing on their mind but they don't know enough to keep their damn mouths shut.