June 2016 Moms
Options

Postpartum: skin

so during my pregnancy, i had horrible skin, especially on my face wirh terrible breakouts. Something in the spinal made me itch like crazy snd my face was bright red and all kinds of broken out. Now 4 days after the c-section from hell my face is super clear and better looking than before pregnancy!! Its like i got that beautiful pregnant glow after she arrived. Meanwhile my bum is broken out like horrible and is itchy beyond belief. I tried epsom salt sitz bath but did nothing for me. Anyone else random skin happenings postpartum?
~* Met Husband: July 26, 2009 <3Said Yes: July 26, 2010 <3Married:  September 10, 2011 <3Baby Due: June 17, 2016 *~

Re: Postpartum: skin

• Options
    I never had acne until this pregnancy. It was horrible but finally got better towards the last month. Now 3 weeks post partum it's horrible again. It flared right back up right after having her. Wondering what acne treatments are safe for breastfeeding and when the hell my skin will go back to normal. 

OP, sorry about the itching! Maybe dermaplast could help?
  • Options
    I had great skin before I had children and now I get breakouts all the time. But on the positive I have three wonderful and beautiful children! Have you tried an eczema lotion for your bum? Avenno makes a great one that I use on my kids and it seems to help with the itching. I'm not saying it's eczema but maybe one of the lotions will provide some relief. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My skin was great during pregnancy (surprisingly, I had very treatment resistant acne teens through 20s - two rounds of accutane didn't even cure it), but now that I've had my boy, I have all of these little clogged pores/bumps on my neck and shoulders. Hoping that it was just stressed induced from having baby in nicu and will go away soon. 
  • Options
    My skin was so clear during pregnancy and not my chest and chin are all broke out hoping it's just the hormones passing through 
  • Options
    I have psoriasis just on my scalp, prior to pregnancy I used clobetasol foam. Stopped that while pg, luckily my psoriasis almost disappeared for whatever reason. Now 4 weeks pp it is so so bad, I have to start the clobetasaol again and I am super bummed, it's such a pain to apply and I resent another thing being added to my bedtime routine at this point! :neutral:
  • Options
    mdargie said:
    I have psoriasis just on my scalp, prior to pregnancy I used clobetasol foam. Stopped that while pg, luckily my psoriasis almost disappeared for whatever reason. Now 4 weeks pp it is so so bad, I have to start the clobetasaol again and I am super bummed, it's such a pain to apply and I resent another thing being added to my bedtime routine at this point! :neutral:
    Sorry to hear that! Some auto immune disorders can go into remission during pregnancy. Sounds like what hat happened in your case. Hopefully it will calm back down for you. 
  • Options
    My skin was amazing during pregnancy. Now it's a nightmare. I had honestly forgotten about the huge auto-immune flare up I had after the birth of my first until it started happening again. The first thing to show up was extremely itchy eczema on the palms of my hands, then both my arms broke out in huge hives from wrist to shoulder. Then psoriasis came roaring back on my elbows and now there's a big patch of eczema all around the psoriasis. It's awful and I'm so itchy and looking disgusting.