October 2016 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday (June 29)

Re: WTF Wednesday (June 29)

• Options
    Wtf baby brain! Not only am I forgetting what day of the week is - I'm forgetting what I'm saying mid-sentence (totally sucks!!)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    WTF work wireless? Why are you suddenly blocking pictures from coming up on HDBD thread?! Using precious data to check out all y'all's cute bellies. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wtf my dear sweet kids. Why do you guys keep getting into EVERYTHING! You have so many toys and yet your choosing to bump crackers on the floor and stomp on them, dump my folded laundry out of the basket and constantly fight. I have gotten nothing done. All I've done is clean up one mess while you guys make another. Both know better but they also know when mom is trying to get some shit done for a change too. 

~story of my SAHM life it just seems extra annoying today cause it's so hot and bending over is extra hard.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    WTF my mother, we took her in about a month ago because she was having health problems and no one else would help her. She can't follow simple rules and tries to blame everything she does wrong on to someone else. Your 56 get your shit together already, I am tired of being your full time parent.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    WTF my mother, we took her in about a month ago because she was having health problems and no one else would help her. She can't follow simple rules and tries to blame everything she does wrong on to someone else. Your 56 get your shit together already, I am tired of being your full time parent.
    This is my MIL. She acts like a 12 year old and everything is everyone else's fault. Constant victim mentality. Hang in there!

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    WTFFF to my friend who just bailed on a concert we had tickets for on Saturday. I'm not going to be able to find anyone to go with me and I'm super bummed about it. 
  • Options
    Wtf, baby furniture manufacturer and fedex! We finally started getting our furniture today- when the crib got inside the house, there was a piece hanging OUT of the box! Obviously damaged. So we took the piece to babies r us, who were great about offering to order a replacement part. We had to get a number off of another piece and call them back, so when H took the rest of it out to get it, there were 5 more damaged pieces and a few missing. 

Because that was so bad, we decided to take the others out and check. You guessed it- damaged as well. So now we have to take all of that in tomorrow and basically start over. Which means the room will not be done at the end of the week, like I was hoping. 

Now I'm scared for the dresser to come tomorrow, in case that's a mess too......
  • Options
    @CopperBoom86 Thank you! I definitely am feeling some major SAHM guilt, but the toddler has been super duper clingy today and even if I wanted to clean (which, let's be honest, I don't), I'd have to do it all with one arm. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Good on your manager @krzyriver . What a princess!

• Options
    @krzyriver, that woman sounds crazy!  Sorry you had to deal with that!  Speaking of nails, one of the things I'm looking forward to when I'm no longer pregnant is getting gel nails again!
  • Options
    WTF DnD frozen hot chocolate, why are you so good that I drank a whole medium size one instead of putting half in the freezer and now I'm basically vomit-burping chocolate milkshake just bc I don't have enough room in my stomach anymore (flashbacks of MS days when some of us discovered the experience of throwing up ice cream sundaes). 

@LauraPCOS LOL I forget things mid-sentence in meetings of 8-10 people probably several times a week now, if not daily. I tell myself that, if I found something else to transition into saying that's slightly related, I'm pretty smooth. If I get embarrassed I forget it quickly anyway, and honestly at this point IDGAF so in my head it's turned into kind of a game to see what creative saves I came come up with!
  • Options
    WTF mom, she means well but she just called to discuss daycare, basically how terrible it is and how she completely disapproves for kids under 2. Well sorry, I have to work and while I work from home I can't have a screaming a kid on a conference call.... she will stay home with me as long as possible, but until 2, there's pretty much no way. Ugh, I'm not feeling extra patient with her today, but im of proud I mostly kept my cool. 
  • Options
    WTF DH. He had the idea to take DD to the zoo in OKC and then I have spent the better part of this week coordinating plans with our friends in the area. Then he complains about various aspects of my planning. So, I make adjustments and he STILL complains. Seriously? I know he's really just having a crappy week at work, but give me a break. 
  • Options
    WTF to the cashier at Dairy Queen who offered me (unwanted) "advice" on my eczema because "her husband has eczema." 

You know nothing about me, about what causes my eczema, or even that I'm pregnant and can't be as aggressive with treatment because there's a baby growing in me. 

She even told me that I shouldn't have dairy and that I shouldn't be having ice cream "because dairy makes it worse." 

No. Just no. Give me my ice cream and stop acting like you're a doctor.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    LauraPCOSLauraPCOS member
    edited June 2016
    @UponAStar16 So far I've been lucky and only lost myself mid sentence with friends, so they just laugh at me when I stop talking and become all "Ya, and it's gone".  Technically my maternity leave starts tomorrow (stupid summer school) so I don't have to worry about talking to anyone important lol.

Another WTF for me - Actually it's a combination of things that all boil down to WTF hormones!  I've officially popped again, so my clothes aren't fitting and I know I've bitched about this all week, but it's driving me crazy.  My mother is trying to help, but WTF to her too because she keeps trying to look for plus size clothes for me, not maternity plus size (which means anything she finds that is "nice" in her 65 year old opinion won't fit me properly and then she gets all aghast at me because she's "just trying to help" even though I tell her I need maternity plus size, not just plus size).  And then of course because my mat-leave starts tomorrow, I'll be on a significantly reduced income, so I can't even go clothes shopping to get a couple of outfits because the only place near me that sells plus size maternity is charging $40-$80 a SHIRT! and I don't want to drop a couple hundred bucks on clothes I get to wear for 3 or so months and thats it.  So yes, all this is coming down to hormones because I'm making a big deal out of it, when it doesn't need to be, and there is a good chance I'm just going to end up crying.

Oh and I'm out of beverages, so water it is until I get to the store <---- straw that broke the hormonal camel's back

Edit:  If you watch the news and see this...yea it's me!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    My cousin who just graduated from college was complaining about how her life was not going the way she wanted romance-wise. I told her that it would work out, even if it didn't look like she thought it would, using myself for example - I didn't think I'd end up having my first child right around my 35th birthday. She was like "Yeah, it's totally crazy. I mean it's great, but really crazy." 

So, WTF youngun, a baby at 35 is not "crazy." 

• Options
    @RainMira9e Boo to your cousin.  Kids these days.  But remember when 35 seemed old?

WTF to my toddler.  No nap for the last four days but, of course, the day I have a doctor's appointment (today), he falls asleep just as I have to leave the house.  And by the time I get home from my appointment, it's time to get him up.  So I get NO BENEFIT from this nap.  He better take a nap tomorrow or I'll be veeerrrryyy upset.
  • Options
    WTF food poisoning??!!!? Why must it happen while pregnant? And on a day I had my toddler, PLUS my developmentally disabled sister who needed sedation for a routine cleaning appointment that I took her to. And on a hot day? Of all days?

• Options
    @RainMira9e Ugh. Your cousin will regret saying that when she's 35. Hell, she'll probably regret it as soon as she passes 25. This reminds me of one of my friends who went to a bar and was carded. The bartender was 21 or 22 and gasped at my friend's ID and said "Wow! Twenty-eight! I didn't know people your age went to bars still!" 

Um, what? 
  • Options
    WTF old landlord. He legally had 30 days to return our security deposit or send us an itemized list of damages. It's day 32 and we have received nothing, but he claims he sent it out "awhile ago." In Michigan, if the landlord doesn't notify the tenant within 30 days of move out about damages, then they forfeit that right and have to refund the entire amount of the deposit. When I pointed this out to him, he said it didn't count if it's lost in the mail. I'm sure that's total BS, but I requested that he overnight the check to us. If he actually did that then we should get it tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breathe. He's the epitome of shady. I called the court today because if it's not there tomorrow I'll end up going to small claims court, it just sucks that we have to fight to get our money back when we left that house better than we got it. 
  • Options
    WTF bff... I took Saturday off for my 30th bday and we were going to go lounge on the beach. Well, tells me today she has to take her dog to the vet that day because it's the "only appt in the next 2 weeks". How about ya shoulda scheduled it sooner?! Now I shall just beach alone.

And WTF other friend can't make it to my bday at Drag Queen Bingo on Sunday because they can't find a sitter... I'm all - "It takes you AND your husband to watch your baby?" I get that they are our couple friends, but at least SHE could come! Whatever, better the chances of me winning I suppose.
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Options
    ball4768 said:
    WTF DH. He had the idea to take DD to the zoo in OKC and then I have spent the better part of this week coordinating plans with our friends in the area. Then he complains about various aspects of my planning. So, I make adjustments and he STILL complains. Seriously? I know he's really just having a crappy week at work, but give me a break. 
    Sorry your H is being a turd, but today was perfect zoo weather! Such a nice breeze and just enough clouds =)
  • Options
    What a crazy day today turned into!

@lindzsers I know, she's awesome. You get a lot of a-holes in nail salons who think they know everything because they get their nails done a lot, and she doesn't tolerate people treating us like shit.

@annabenanna Yeah we had a lot of crazies today. It seems like they all come at once! Gel nails or gel polish? I still do my gel polish fairly often. My strong, pregnancy nails are gone tho and I'm back to my weak, pre-pregnancy nails.  :'(

This whole day ended up being a WTF moment. I ended the night with a bride who wanted gel polish on her toes. She kept bumping her nails whenever she'd slide her foot into the light and I was about to pull my hair out. Then she ran out at the end because she was late for something and almost hit me in the head with her purse! I'm ready for bed!

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    Another WTF to the floor at the grocery store that made me slip and fall. I'm just glad I fell onto my knee and not my stomach! I caught myself going forward with my hands. 

Also, nobody saw it because it was about 8:30 pm, which almost makes it more embarrassing. Then I felt like crying (because everything makes me cry these days), but I held back the tears and kept walking (carefully!) to get what I needed. 
  • Options
    Glad you're okay! @ibabyloveb87
  • Options
    Yeah I'm not sure what it was! Definitely not a banana peel though!  Grape maybe? 
  • Options
    @nataliemaephotography DH and I will be up near you this afternoon! DH has a GI appt at the U of M, and with no Trader Joe's or Whole Foods in the Toledo area, we always hit them both before we head home. A2 FTW!
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • Options
    @ibabyloveb87 Ugh.  Why is falling so embarrassing?  It's not your fault, so it shouldn't be, but for some reason, it always is.  I'm glad you're okay.

@nataliemaephotography I don't know Michigan Landlord-Tenant law very well, but it looks like the statute says they have to mail the list of damages within 30 days of termination, so you might have to give it a few days to account for processing through the post office.  However, he will probably have to prove he actually mailed it to you if he wants to keep any of your deposit (if he's claiming damages).  My guess is that he forgot to send the check and is now scrambling to get it together.  Hopefully you won't have to file a claim since that's a pain, but I bet he'll return your deposit as soon as he gets notice of the suit.  Good luck!
  • Options
    @Kaytee1087 We love both of those! I work like a half a mile from one of the Whole Foods so it's definitely a lunch staple around here. 

@ignoscemihi Yeah I think you're probably right on the mailing by 30 days. I honestly think he didn't do it, so if it doesn't arrive today then we're going to start the court filing tomorrow. This isn't the first time he's dropped the ball and I'm done screwing around with his nonsense. 
  • Options
    KaessiKaessi member
    A day late but...WTF DH, how could you forget my doctor's appt today?! My doctor ordered another anatomy scan because of the spotting issues I was having and I reminded my H of this no less that 12 times. The last thing I said I was leaving this morning was "Don't forget my appt is at 10:30" Well fast forward to 9:45 when he text & asked what time my appt was. I told him and his response -  "Crap, babe, I'm sorry - I'm on my way to look at a job, I don't think I'm gonna make it." He owns his own business, and yes, we need all the jobs he can get, but...he really could have scheduled this at any point during the day. He just forgot. I was so apprehensive being by myself, because of the recent issues & because the tech doesn't really tell you what's going on, so my anxiety was at an all time high during the U/S.  The doctor said everything looks good, but after the appt I had a full on sobbing break down. Think I was just disappointed, plus I've had a crappy week at work so my emotions were already running high. Then I thought I would drown my sorrows by going to get a cupcake at my favorite cupcake place...only to drive up & discover they are shut down. Went to get a drink at Sonic...and they left out the flavor, which is the only reason I wanted it. Just not my day it seems.
  • Options
    Kaessi said:
    A day late but...WTF DH, how could you forget my doctor's appt today?! My doctor ordered another anatomy scan because of the spotting issues I was having and I reminded my H of this no less that 12 times. The last thing I said I was leaving this morning was "Don't forget my appt is at 10:30" Well fast forward to 9:45 when he text & asked what time my appt was. I told him and his response -  "Crap, babe, I'm sorry - I'm on my way to look at a job, I don't think I'm gonna make it." He owns his own business, and yes, we need all the jobs he can get, but...he really could have scheduled this at any point during the day. He just forgot. I was so apprehensive being by myself, because of the recent issues & because the tech doesn't really tell you what's going on, so my anxiety was at an all time high during the U/S.  The doctor said everything looks good, but after the appt I had a full on sobbing break down. Think I was just disappointed, plus I've had a crappy week at work so my emotions were already running high. Then I thought I would drown my sorrows by going to get a cupcake at my favorite cupcake place...only to drive up & discover they are shut down. Went to get a drink at Sonic...and they left out the flavor, which is the only reason I wanted it. Just not my day it seems.
     :/   That sounds like a bummer of at day @Kaessi.  Creepy internet hugs and hope things look up soon!

DH and I:  Early/mid 30s
    Married 7/15
    TTC #1 as of 8/15
    BFP 11/21/15 -- MC confirmed 12/1/15
    BFP #2 2/18/16
  • Options
    I'm really late posting but this happened on Wednesday. 
    WTF Portugal. Who puts FISH in cake?!?
    I should add here that I find fish to be the most disgusting smell in existence, so this was a full-on physiological and emotional shock. I'm still upset about it, lol.
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • Options
    UponAStar16UponAStar16 member
    edited July 2016
    @books&amp;icecream gross! I like fish and that's still not ok with me.

ETA I'm guessing it was cod? Which is really strong and an acquired taste anyway. I want cake now and I'm kind of upset for you that someone ruined one by putting fish in it
  • Options
    @Kaessi I just got a swift kick in the gut while eating a choc chip muffin...guess these babies like their chocolate chips!  :)