October 2016 Moms

Weekly Randoms 6.27.2016

Re: Weekly Randoms 6.27.2016

• @RainMira9e @krzyriver I just started a mini-rewatch of Buffy last night! I hadn't watched it in such a long time...

@bnsmith85 @CopperBoom86 Ugh, how awful!

My mom is hosting my baby shower. When I gave her the dates that worked better for me and my schedule (late August and early September is going to be really hectic at work because of school starting and all), and she pretty much said "Yeah, that doesn't work for me, how about this date?" which was the worst possible weekend for me. 

We're a small family too, and husband's family is overseas, so I've been a little disappointed to find out that most of my friends who live further away are probably not coming. Especially since this was also supposed to be a wedding celebration since we had a very small, family-only wedding. 

Oh well. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @UponAStar16 I work at a jail and I definitely would not want to be locked up right now! It would be horrible. People around constantly, horrible mats to sleep on, horrible food. Nope, nope, nope. Although with my pregnancy rage for the first half of this pregnancy I can see how one would end up there. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @AllyTheKid Firefly is my all time favorite show! Cancelled way too soon.  :'(

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• @krzyriver Do you think Serenity did it justice? I found it too abrubt, but not the WORST way to go out I suppose. At least we got some kind of closure!
  • @AllyTheKid My husband made me watch Firefly because he loves it. I actually really liked it too! I haven't watched Buffy, but probably should.

@CopperBoom86 I'm obsessed with American Ninja Warrior!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @AllyTheKid I think it did it as much justice as a 2 hour movie could. It definitely rushed some things and the super fast pace of the movie didn't help it feel any less rushed. But it was more than I ever thought we'd get and it was enjoyable in its own way, so I'm happy with it.

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• @AllyTheKid I don't think I could watch American Horror Story. I am such a baby about anything creepy or scary!
  • I just cut my hair and now I have mom hair. 
  • @mrszoess I'm thinking of getting a mom cut. My husband is going to FLIP! Lol

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• mine said its cute idk if I believe him 
  • @mrszoess I tend to grow mine out during pregnancy and then cut it once the baby gets here. I'm sure it looks great!
  • Picture please @mrszoess!
  • I really like the cut :)
  • Ok I'm super late to the party because I worked late. Here's my 2 cents!

My parents really got into Call the Midwife but they told me the same thing, not to watch it until after I have the baby.

I LOVE Firefly and Serenity! Fun fact: DH asked me to be his girlfriend after an evening watching Serenity.

I keep debating whether to cut my long hair, I think I finally decided I will after my showers. I've been cutting it, letting it grow and then cutting it again, and I think it's time. Especially working at a daycare with the babies, my hair is always getting in the way.

I hope everyone enjoys the long holiday weekend (in the States at least)!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I got sunburnt today. Badly. The only upside is that it kind of looks like a butterfly. 

• MRSCORKER said:
    Turns out boobs/bump get in the way when trying to shoot pool. Who knew?
    The number of times my belly has hit people when I'm trying to get up from a dinner table or something is ridiculous. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • thanks guys :) I also forget often I have a ladybug tattoo on the back of my neck and now people won't stop talking about it LOL
  • I could give a bout five thousand suggestions, including all the Whedons, but I did my best for an audience that I don't know well =)

• krzyriverkrzyriver member
    edited July 2016
    The only Whedon one I haven't seen yet is Dollhouse. Maybe I should check that out next. 

And I can't believe I forgot From Dusk Till Dawn. I watched both seasons in just a few days back in December....and I think I've rewatched it about 3 times since being on semi-bedrest. I got my husband and son both hooked on it too. I'm a bad influence. Lol

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Hair: love short cuts but in my experience (ymmv) nothing is easier than a ponytail. 

@ingoscj - I used to work at a jail :) it was a super fun job. Or maybe I'm just sick. 
  • @ignoscj I'm sure with pregnancy rage I'd be that dirty girl fighting after being locked up too! I wish I was paying more attention to the episode and heard why she was there.

The mom cut is so funny to me bc I've rocked it so many times at different points in my life and only heard about the idea recently. @mrszoess your haircut honestly looks great, I think you'll enjoy this SNL gem!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh75XWRaugg

• Drove from NJ to MA last night - a 5 hour ride that took 7.5 because of rain and traffic... 2 dogs in the car, one puked everywhere, husband road raging, so I took over driving, only stopped to pee once, but holy crap does my back hurt from the car seat! Needless to say, husband and I currently aren't speaking... going to be a long weekend!!
  • @NoraAurora I really enjoy it too. There is never a dull moment! 
  • lol @uponastar16 so many people posted that on my fb yesterday 
  • mrszoess said:
    lol @uponastar16 so many people posted that on my fb yesterday 
    Lol. All I know is we have fish shaped potpourri things in our bathroom, which would totes be an ocean if I had been more proactive decorating it, we do have a little rooster in the kitchen, and I def recycle gift bags...maybe it's almost time for the cut!
  • @ibabyloveb87 I'm always bumping into or knocking over DD with my ever expanding hips and belly! 
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • That sounds like the worst ride ever @LMNOBaby ... Hope today is better!
  • blaf322blaf322 member
    edited July 2016
    I've come to the realization that I'm so glad my ticker change is on Monday. I swear it takes away from the Monday suckiness every time :)
  • I'm so bored right now  :s I was outside all day just relaxing with hubby but now he's half in the bag, annoying and adding to my boredom as he wants to have the same conversation over and over which is mainly about our bush beer softball league - which I'm not able to play and he knows it's bugging me since the team is finally doing well so of course I'm blaming myself for the crappy years.  *sigh* gonna be a long night
    Pregnancy Ticker

• UFJenUFJen member
    My weekend started off getting rear-ended yesterday leaving work. Didn't get released from the hospital until late last night. Luckily I'm just sore and baby is fine! To say I was nervous and hysterical when it happened is an understatement. My doctor was the one working labor and delivery so after the ER released me she wanted to see me to monitor baby. Best part was getting to hear his heartbeat and see him, but now I feel like Ive been hit by a bus and DH isn't letting me do anything today. I wanted to be out and about this weekend so I'm having a hard time sitting still. 
  • @UFJen OMG! I'm glad you're okay!! Every time I get in the car I start getting scared that I'm going to get into an accident and I love driving.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• UFJenUFJen member
    @LauraPCOS I know it's been on my mind the entire time I've been pregnant! Now I'm nervous to go anywhere! 
  • Glad to hear you're okay @UFJen