January 2017 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change 6/29

What's new with baby? (how far along, size & development?)

Even though it's early, is there anything you're doing to plan/get ready for the baby's arrival?

Rants/Raves/Symptoms/Questions?

When is your next appointment?

GTKY:  What's your favorite summer activity?

BabyGaga
DS1 - 03/31/2006
DS2 - 12/31/2008
DS3 - 06/26/2012
DS4 - 08/07/2014

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change 6/29

• What's new with baby? (how far along, size & development?)

Week 12 baby is the size of a Plum! 

Even though it's early, is there anything you're doing to plan/get ready for the baby's arrival?

I had got a cute playmat then found out it was a scam boooooo super disappointing lol 

Just the same, ready to move past this yucky feeling phase! 

Tomorrow!

swimming! I love to take the kiddos to the pool :-) 

BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
  • **Moving from Sunday Ticker Change per new due date!** 

11 weeks! One app was telling me it's lime sized, but another was saying it's the size of a cream puff. Which sounds adorable! 

I feel mostly prepared from last time, we do need a new crib and carseat since DD will still be in her carseat and crib when the new baby comes. And if it's a boy we'll need clothes that aren't pink and flowered haha

All day I feel like I have to eat to keep queasiness at bay but by 6 PM I'm dying because I feel like I overate and am stuffed. 

July 11. 

Ugh. I hate summer. Staying inside away from the heat! I've never been able to deal with the heat, it makes me so sick. 

• Loading the player...
  • sagoonsagoon member

12 weeks, baby is the size of a plum!

I bought a bunch of maternity clothes this past weekend since I am showing a lot sooner this time.  I will probably wait until I know the sex before buying a bunch of baby stuff, plus we saved most of the gear from our son.

MS is slowly abating, thank god.  I've been able to find the heartbeat just about every evening with my doppler, which is awesome, though this little one makes me work for it.  With my son, I'd put the doppler on and immediately hear the heartbeat.  This one makes me chase it all over my uterus before giving it up.

July 11th.  I get my bloodwork and am super nervous.

Swimming!  I don't get to do it as often as I'd like.

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker

10 weeks. Baby is the size of a strawberry. Major organ systems are starting to function. 

I made a private list of Amazon on things we need to get/replace before baby gets here. It's more like a shopping list for us. I don't think we'll have a shower. We'll probably get a diapers/wipes party at my school though, which will be awesome. 

Rant/symptoms: I still feel icky. I can't wait to feel normal again. 

Just a random story, I had my first feeling about baby's sex this week. I woke up from pregnancy insomnia during the night, and I was thinking about my grandpa. We live in my grandparent's house. My grandfather built it. He died when I was a senior in high school, 18 years ago. So, he never really knew me as an adult with a family. This LO is due on his birthday. I just had this feeling. It's a boy, and we're going to name him Harvey after my grandpa. Now, to talk hubby into it. Lol

July 12

I'm teaching summer school this year, so I've had no fun summer activities. Lol. Just kidding. I like going to the zoo or science museum with my LO. 

• @Teach123 that'd be so sweet to name him after your grandpa if it was a boy born on his birthday! I love that! 
  • @Teach123  That is such a great idea to name after your grandpa!! 
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
  • What's new with baby? (how far along, size & development?) I am so so late with posting but my husband left for a 48 hour shift with both computer chargers! I am *angels singing* 13 weeks! Baby is the size of a lemon.

Even though it's early, is there anything you're doing to plan/get ready for the baby's arrival? I have decided on paint colors for the nursery! We are hoping to paint in another 2 or 3 weeks.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms/Questions? The morning sickness is finally down to tolerable levels. Mostly just nausea and drive heaves. I finally have stopped losing weight and have managed to gain back 1 lb! Yay! Question, is anyone feeling a lot of ab stretching? Just standing up straight makes my abs feel like I'm doing a back bend! It's like my emerging bump and my muscles are at war. And I think we all know who's winning.

When is your next appointment? July 26th. Had my appointment this week and got to see baby and hear that little heartbeat again!

GTKY:  What's your favorite summer activity? Laying next to a body of water with a cold drink and a book! Looks like this summer my drink of choice will be lemonade.

• @BAJDesigns I hadn't thought of it as stretching but that's totally what it feels like! On a semi related note I stood up yesterday and pulled the heck out of my round ligament or something cause I hit the floor it hurt so bad. Darn muscles. 
  • @BAJDesigns I'm so glad to see you!! I was getting a little worried about you skipping that Zofran pump and what not. Glad you're feeling better!!
  • Thanks @tinabelcher Have you found some relief yet?
  • Thanks @tinabelcher Have you found some relief yet?
    Knock on wood it's getting easier to stay on top of it, but dang the gagging might never stop! Thanks!