February 2017 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change (6/29)

Totally stealing the theme from TuesTC!

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Appointments this week?

Symptom changes?

Rant/Rave/Questions?

GTKY: What are your plans for the holiday weekend? 

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change (6/29)

• How far along are you? - 9 weeks!

How big is baby? - cherry or green olive

Appointments this week? - none this week.. I won't go in again until 7/27

Symptom changes? - nausea is finally letting up on some days! Yesss!

Rant/Rave/Questions? - I have to take my car in for a horrible sound it is making.. the worst part is, I'm pretty sure I just got the same exact part replaced less than a year ago. They will give me a warranty on the parts but NOT on the labor so it will still probably cost a fortune.

GTKY: What are your plans for the holiday weekend? - Nothing too spectacular! We will probably find a few fireworks displays to attend.
  • How far along are you? 6 weeks

How big is baby? Sweet Pea

Appointments this week? First Appointment is Friday! Wow this week has been going slow. I'll make my ultrasound appointment during this appointment and really can't wait to find out when that is.

Symptom changes? Well Monday I finally had real MS where I was really close to vomiting and my boobs were really sore but yesterday it was gone and still not back today. I probably should feel lucky but in reality I'm scared to death that something has happened.

Rant/Rave/Questions? I'm convinced something is wrong but hoping it's not. It's making this be a challenging week for me emotionally. I had initially told DH we could tell him parents this week or next and not wait for the US like I had initially planned but idk if I'm right and something is wrong it will be hard. Though it will be hard either way and at least we'll have their support. I'm definitely not telling my parents until after US and am considering waiting until 2nd trimester based on how insensitive my mother has been in the past I don't think I can stand to hear how insensitive she'll be about this. 

GTKY: What are your plans for the holiday weekend? Cleaning the house Saturday/Sunday. DH's parents and their dog are coming over to grill on Monday. They are awesome and I love that puppy! I need to get him some more toys and treats, I love spoiling him. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 6 weeks!

How big is baby? The size of a Sweet Pea

Appointments this week? First Appointment on Friday, but had Betas yesterday and just got back the results and they are 26,572!!  Doubling every 58 hours from last week!  I almost cried when I got the numbers I was so happy.

Symptom changes? Headache and Dizziness hit this week which has been unfortunate.

Rant/Rave/Questions? I got nothing.

GTKY: What are your plans for the holiday weekend? Going to my parents house because they have a pool.  Should be a fun weekend, probably visiting some friends and cousins who live nearby while I am there.

@marriedhamstermom I'm sorry your having a hard time.  Have you had any Betas done?  I have found them to be very reassuring.  I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 9 weeks

How big is baby?  cherry or green olive

Appointments this week? I went to see the doctor this Monday. I got to see its heart beat and it was all dancing around with its tiny arms and legs. So cute, the doctor was like looks like you have an active one in there. Now I finally feel like it is real. Since my previous mc, I was really worried about this appointment. But seeing it all active and dancing made my baby seem soo real now. 

Symptom changes? Still just have low level nauseous. I am tried all the time and sore boobs. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? How am I suppose to functions soo tired all the time.... I feel more exhausted this time around than more first time. 

GTKY: What are your plans for the holiday weekend? Going up into the mountains with my family. Going to see the fireworks at Breckenridge, CO. 

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • Thanks @MrsDramaK no I haven't had betas, my OBs office said they don't do bloodwork until 6 week appt and even then it's not as much pregnancy related as it is making sure levels (thyroid, iron, etc...) are all ok. I'm hoping if I tell them I'm concerned on Friday maybe they'll agree to do them and look for the doubling.

The last HPT I took Monday was no darker than the one I had taken 4 days before it so now I'm afraid to take another one and see it be lighter. I know you aren't supposed to use them to monitor hcg doubling but for the first couple weeks it was reassuring to see the line keep getting darker. I hope I'm worrying for nothing. 
    EDD 11/24/23

• @marriedhamstermom I took one Monday too and it wasn't darker then the one I'd taken previously and today my Betas came back way higher then they were last week so HCG is definitely increasing.  At some point they're as dark as they can get and there's no getting darker so I wouldn't consider it a cause for concern that the last one wasn't darker.

It's definitely not unheard of to not experience every symptom every day, especially this early on!  You will continue to be in my thoughts!
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • So excited to see my ticker change! 

How far along are you? 
    6 weeks

How big is baby? A Sweetpea

Appointments this week?  one for DS because he's got a bit of a tummy bug/ diaper rash

Symptom changes? Starting to have a meat aversion.. greaaaaat. Still overall pretty tired, can't get enough water, mild nausea in the afternoon.

Rant/Rave/Questions? We have health insurance through healthcare.gov, but upon updating our info to change to our new address, and pregnancy, we've now been told we HAVE to apply for state provided healthcare coverage before we can continue with changing our healthcare.gov plan. I've told them we don't need the state medicaid and would prefer to go through our own private insurance, but they've told us we don't have a choice and have to apply first & be denied in order to enroll with private coverage. Is this real life?! UGHHHHH!!! Anyone else having insurance troubles?

GTKY: What are your plans for the holiday weekend? It's my dad & step dad's birthdays this weekend so we will be going to visit them out of town. 
  • How far along are you?
    9 weeks!

How big is baby?
    size of a cherry or pecan 

Appointments this week?
    My first appointment was this morning! Baby measured right on track with a 167bpm heartbeat and I even saw the little arms wiggle! I'm just waiting to get my progesterone levels back to make sure they are high enough. Next appointment is 7/20. 

Symptom changes?
    Still just nauseous, tired, and holy moly I pee a lot! 

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    Today is my 4year wedding anniversary and we are going out of town for a few days. 

For the 4th we have lunch with my family and dinner with DHs family. 
  • Thank you @MrsDramaK! That makes me feel better and now that you say it, it makes sense that the tests would have a max level. 
    EDD 11/24/23

• How far along are you? 7 weeks

How big is baby? blueberry

Appointments this week? nope - but an ultrasound for dating on Tuesday next week

Symptom changes? maybe more nausea - but still only after I eat or do some physical activity (like walking plus stairs, haven't had time for much more)

Rant/Rave/Questions? Finally have a sense that I'll be able to have medical coverage between weeks 12 and 23 while I wait for my employer coverage to kick in! Thank you Obamacare! Still no sense of what that coverage will be yet but the agent was quite reassuring.

GTKY: What are your plans for the holiday weekend? Pick an apartment and apply for it so we can get moving on health coverage. Then watching some bunny agility trials on Canada Day.
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• @fourPsinapod I hope your car repair isn't too high, at least the part is partially covered though it kind of stinks they couldn't just fix it right the first time..

@MrsDramaK thanks again for helping to give me some hope and I'm super glad your betas doubled! Good luck on your appointment Friday.

@skiingstark YAY for a dancing baby and heartbeat!!

@kirstynikole we have the same due date! I hope your DS feels better soon and that your insurance gets sorted out, what a pain... they never make it easy!

@joyful08 woohoo for wiggling arms, heartbeat, and measuring on track! Also happy anniversary! 

@catiecatp I'm glad you're feeling better with insurance options. I'm sure it's really stressful not knowing about coverage so FX you get everything finalized soon!
    EDD 11/24/23

• @marriedhamstermom they quoted me $700! I was like "yeah I'll get back to you on that one" and so now, DH and his brother are going to do it themselves. 
  • @fourPsinapod yikes that's crazy. You're lucky you have a talented husband and BIL. I hate taking my car in because I swear they always overcharge and they usually break something else in the process. I need to find a better place lol.
    EDD 11/24/23

• @fourPsinapod yikes that's crazy. You're lucky you have a talented husband and BIL. I hate taking my car in because I swear they always overcharge and they usually break something else in the process. I need to find a better place lol.
    They are both engineers and rely on YouTube tutorials! Hahahahah! No car experience at all! It's quite frightening but I suppose they have done this job before. 
  • How far along are you?
    6 weeks
    How big is baby?
    Sweet pea
    Appointments this week?
    None
    Symptom changes?
    Nothing new. Just more exhaustion and here and there nausea. The pregnancy dreams are something else! 
    Rant/Rave/Questions?
    I am going to gain 100 lbs. I'm hungry all the time.

My niece turns 2 so we're celebrating her birthday Sunday. After that my sister got us tickets to our local music theater (she works there making costumes) production of Beauty and the Beast so I'm taking my two oldest girls (ages 6 and 4). Monday we will BBQ with my family then fireworks.
    Rachel, mama to Ava (6), Olivia (4), Nora (2), and baby#4 on the way.

• Sorry I'm late to the party. This is the first day in a week that I've felt well.

How far along are you?
    7 weeks

How big is baby? blueberry

Appointments this week? Had our dating Ultrasound on Monday. It was so good seeing our tiny peanut and hearing his/her heartbeat:) Second half of the normal first appointment is next Tuesday. I meet with the nurse for all the health history questions.

Symptom changes? Oh my nausea! I called the dr for a script yesterday. I feel a million times better:)

Rant/Rave/Questions?  I told my boss Monday after the U/S...she is so excited for us. She knows about my MC and my struggles and has been really supportive. She knows not to tell anyone else. I did also tell my former best coworker who is due July 16th. I think my team might be getting Suspicious being that I'm asking a bunch of pregnancy questions. But we do have two girls expecting and they start most of the conversations.

GTKY: What are your plans for the holiday weekend? Catch up on house work?! It's been slacking since I've not been feeling well at all.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
    ~Formerly @dogmomwantinghuman ~
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP #1: 11/30/15| MC 12/16/15BFP # 2: 6/2/16 | EDD 2/16/17

• How far along are you? 9 weeks! Woooot!

How big is baby? A cherry. Or a walnut. 

Appointments this week? none this week!

Symptom changes? my nausea has gotten so much better! I'm using ginger chews and preggo pops and they are saving my life!

Rant/Rave/Questions? my fiance leaves in a week and a half for his 5 months training and ait for the army. I'm starting to feel the stress and worry of that.

GTKY: What are your plans for the holiday weekend? going to our town festival. Our church provides the bounce houses for it and the kids play in the creek all day. Live music and bar b que! I love the 4th!