Re: Weekly Randoms 6.27.2016

• LGW2015LGW2015 member
    edited July 2016
    @ibabyloveb87 bahahaha that's awesome!

ETA: wrong tag! @CopperBoom86
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • MRSCORKER said:
    @MRSCORKER, i just got adjusted!!!!  There was something perversely satisfying getting my bones to crack.  Amazeballs.  But also, the chiropractor was SO HOT.  lol. 
    Do you watch friends? Phoebe swears there's a stage of pregnancy where any and every man looks hot because we're pumped full of hormones. She calls it the "Evander Holyfield phase" because she was turned on by a life size cut out of him. Lol! Also, the the crunchier my bones sound while being cracked the better. It reminds me of a bag of chips being stepped on. 
    I used to watch friends, but haven't in a loooong loooooong time.  Need to re-visit that episode!  I don't remember it at all!
  • If our marketing employees get their productivity up just a bit today, they're going to release everyone early at 3pm. We're having a shit week for productivity because of the holiday so it's not looking good. whomp whomp :/
  • @bnsmith85 commiserating here with you.... still at my desk... and it's only 11AM over hurrrr.... I want to take my lunch at like 2PM, hahaha, so when I get back it's basically time to go home.  
  • One hour and 5 minutes until the long weekend over here, and time couldn't be moving slower! But I've got baby kicks to keep me somewhat occupied! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Bed rest is the worst. I know a lot of y'all on here would love to get some rest, but my gosh, constantly laying down because your forced to is awful.

That being said, I'm looking for Netflix shows to watch since I'm stuck here. Any suggestions? I finished the 2 seasons of How to Get Away with Murder and am now on season 2 of The Blacklist.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @amye102485 - I'm not sure what you have and haven't seen, so I'll just list some of my favorites:

Gilmore Girls (of course), Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Sons of Anarchy, Dexter, OITNB, Friends, House, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, House of Cards, LOST, Once Upon a Time
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @CopperBoom86 I was thinking about starting Mad Men next, but also am interested in House of Cards. Friends and GG are staples. ;)
  • @amye102485, sorry about the bed rest. :(  But here are my faves on netflix:  

Series:
    - House of Cards
    - Breaking bad (starts of slow, but gets so good)
    - Bloodline (kinda dark, but very well done)
    - Cooked (if you like to cook, eat, or if you like Michael Pollan)

Movies I saw recently on Netflix that I loved!:
    - Spotlight (so so so good)
    - Meet the Patels (so sweet and funny)

• @amye102485  I'm not sure what you're into, but I plan on starting Outlander during maternity leave... I hear it's really good. 

Also, I've LOVED Peaky Blinders, Call the Midwife and last year (I'm WAY behind the game on this, I know!) I started and proceeded to binge watch all of Downton Abbey. I really like historical fiction and but I'm a reality show junkie too (Big Brother just started and it is my crack for the summer... they even have a live feed online lol) I feel like there are a few others that I've said "OH! Yeah I'll save that to watch on maternity leave" but I can't remember now. If I think of them I'll come back. 

Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • @amye102485 ... I second OITNB, Mad Men, and SoA. Also, what about Walking Dead? You MUST watch Wentworth. Black Mirror is really weird but also good. Dexter is another great show they have on there... We liked Love (a Netflix original series). Peaky Blinders has a lot of good reviews but we haven't seen it. One of the girls on here likes Bloodline a lot. American Horror Story is on Netflix, I believe, as well as Breaking Bad. Nurse Jackie is a really good one. And last but certainly not least, you should definitely watch Shameless if you haven't seen it before.
    *note: I swear we don't sit in front of the TV all day an night lol
  • @MRSCORKER  I absolutely agree, I am constantly making Friends or Office references in any situation.  It applies to everything!!!

Random question... does anyone have/has registered for a video baby monitor that links to your phone/Ipad?  If so what brand and how do you like it?
    I registered for the motorola one too... I want to be able to see everything when I'm not there. 
  • @annabenanna Thank you! I have seen Breaking Bad, but I actually love Better Call Saul way more! I haven't seen any of your other suggestions, so I will start with House of Cards.
  • @amye102485  I'm not sure what you're into, but I plan on starting Outlander during maternity leave... I hear it's really good. 

Also, I've LOVED Peaky Blinders, Call the Midwife and last year (I'm WAY behind the game on this, I know!) I started and proceeded to binge watch all of Downton Abbey. I really like historical fiction and but I'm a reality show junkie too (Big Brother just started and it is my crack for the summer... they even have a live feed online lol) I feel like there are a few others that I've said "OH! Yeah I'll save that to watch on maternity leave" but I can't remember now. If I think of them I'll come back. 

DON'T WATCH CALL THE MIDWIFE WHILE PREGNANT. You've been warned. 
    Also, Outlander is EVERYTHING. If you have Starz, watch it on demand! I second Sons of Anarchy, Downton, Orange is the new Black, Breaking Bad, Gilmore Girls and Dexter.

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• MRSCORKER said:
    @amye102485  I'm not sure what you're into, but I plan on starting Outlander during maternity leave... I hear it's really good. 

DON'T WATCH CALL THE MIDWIFE WHILE PREGNANT. You've been warned. 
    Also, Outlander is EVERYTHING. If you have Starz, watch it on demand! I second Sons of Anarchy, Downton, Orange is the new Black, Breaking Bad, Gilmore Girls and Dexter.
    Oh yes, this is true about Call the Midwife... although I watched while pregnant. Sometimes, I just need a good cry lol

Good idea with the forewarning! 
  • krzyriverkrzyriver member
    edited July 2016
    @amye102485 I've been on semi-bedrest since the beginning. I've watched all of HIMYM, Young & Hungry, One Tree Hill, Dexter....and more. Lol

Eta: Hubby and I just started Prison Break. I'm already addicted. 

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• @Julia70286 @bnsmith85 Thank you for your suggestions! This gives me a good list to start. I watched Downton when it was on and LOVED it! My husband likes Outlander, so that will be second on my list. 

Also @MRSCORKER Thank you for the warning!
  • @krzyriver I binged watched Young and Hungry pretty quickly! Sorry your on bed rest too. It's rough.
  • @amye102485 I think I watched the whole thing in like 2 days. I wish the seasons were longer. Lol

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• @krzyriver - I forgot about Prison Break! Yassss! So good! 

@MRSCORKER - At least you got a list to approve. My idiot SIL created a page on Facebook to get addresses for my shower invites and didn't even consult me about the people she added. I ended up having to ask her to remove some people from the list because I literally hadn't seen them in ages and would never invite them to a shower. Then of course I had to do damage control and send messages to all those people explaining what happened. They were all super sweet and understanding about it, but still. SO embarrassing!!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • bnsmith85 said:
    omg... I'd have been mortified @CopperBoom86
    Same! That's awful. 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @amye102485 Some good suggestions were already stated, but I also really liked Jane the Virgin, iZombie, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Friday Night Lights, Archer and The Great British Baking Show.  I mostly watch while running on the treadmill, so these are all pretty light, quick shows.  I also really liked Jessica Jones, but it's a bit darker.
  • bnsmith85 said:
    I was, but it made me sad more than anything. My mother-in-law is a tomboy through and through and she passed that onto her daughter. They have no concept of etiquette, so she literally just doesn't know the rules about throwing a shower. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MRSCORKER and @Julia70286, jw bc I'm bored and looking for new shows so I don't cheat watching OITNB before DH gets home, is that warning like a loss/TW or a seeing-a-new-baby pregnancy cry warning or....?
  • @UponAStar16  I'd say both... it follows the stories of midwives in the 1950's so there are happy stories and sad stories. Watch at your own risk lol

• I'm the only person in my office at the moment, so I'm watching American Ninja Warrior while I work. 

I just watched a guy with a prosthetic leg run the course and now I'm a blubbering mess. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MRSCORKER and @Julia70286, jw bc I'm bored and looking for new shows so I don't cheat watching OITNB before DH gets home, is that warning like a loss/TW or a seeing-a-new-baby pregnancy cry warning or....?
    Kind of both. I only watched a few episodes before I decided I better wait until after this baby is born. 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @amye102485 If you like adult cartoons and off beat humor, Ugly Americans is one of my Netflix faves. American Horror Story is also awesome if you haven't watched any of those. Neither of which directly have to do with "America" by the way, those titles just happen to use the word coincidentally. 
  • bnsmith85 said:
    I was, but it made me sad more than anything. My mother-in-law is a tomboy through and through and she passed that onto her daughter. They have no concept of etiquette, so she literally just doesn't know the rules about throwing a shower. 
    That should be interesting then.... On the more funny side, we told a couple we are close with who knew we were doing IVF very early on. She said she wanted to throw me a shower and when her DH asked when you usually throw a shower she goes, "oh, around 3 or 4 months." Haha... No. Needless to say, she's not throwing my shower.
  • Omg@bnsmith85, that would have been awful...right at the time when you're (maybe) still throwing up, feeling like shit, and don't even look pregnant! My shower is in a couple weeks...the date just worked better for most family members and I figured earlier in 3rd tri would be better to hopefully not be on bedrest or having other issues, and even at 7 months seems early! I cannot believe it's already almost shower time for some of us!
  • @UponAStar16 ... Bless her heart, she's just nowhere near being ready to have kids and just doesn't know what she doesn't know lol... And yes, it would have been bad if she had somehow planned it without me knowing the date
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer (and Angel)
    Parks and Recreation

• This is random or might be my FFFC...while watching Cellblock 6: Female Lock Up I saw a pregnant girl and just thought how cute her maternity shirt is and I wonder where she got it. I might be a horrible person bc I realized I didn't first think about how much it would suck to be locked up pregnant but, I still want that shirt!
  • @RainMira9e How could I forget about Buffy and Angel!? And anything by Joss Whedon honestly.

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• @krzyriver Firefly? Eh, eh?
  • Just Google "quick easy meals" and was bombarded with hipster food... everything is chickpea-arugula-quinoa something or other =/