January 2017 Moms

Thursday Ticker Change

What's new with baby? (how far along, size & development?)

Even though it's early, is there anything you're doing to plan/get ready for the baby's arrival?

Rants/Raves/Symptoms/Questions?

When is your next appointment?

GTKY:  If you could only eat one style of food, what would it be? What is your favorite dish within that style of food?

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
TTC#1 since July 2014
AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
Headed to Prague April 30
3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Thursday Ticker Change

• What's new with baby? (how far along, size & development?)

10 Weeks!! The babe is the size of a prune or a kumquat and is about 1.5".  

Even though it's early, is there anything you're doing to plan/get ready for the baby's arrival?

I am going to email the doula today!

Rant: I am over the heart palpitations. Rave: From here on out, this is all new to me. I haven't ever made it to the 10th week! So excited!!!

I go in tomorrow for a blood draw for the harmony test. My first official appointment with my OB is on July 11.

GTKY:  If you could only eat one style of food, what would it be? What is your favorite dish within that style of food?

I think I would go with Asian. I know that is a VERY broad category but I could survive on all types of Asian food - Thai, Japanese, Vietnamese, Korean, Indian, Middle Eastern - to name a few! Deciding my favorite is so hard!! I absolutely LOVE sushi, but all time favorite dish would be a Thai soup, probably Tom Kha Gai... it is actually what I am having for lunch - left over from Tuesday's dinner (the only dinner I have made in 2 months!!!)

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d

BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt

BabyFruit Ticker

12 weeks today! The size of a plum, so crazy! Officially into the 2nd trimester (according to half of the websites) or 1 week left according to others!

Finally told my boss yesterday and HR sent out an announcement so I'm just having fun sharing the news with everyone today!

Nausea and dizziness are both new to me. I just carry around a granola bar at all times now and make sure I eat every few hours or I feel sick

Today! NT ultrasound scheduled, can't wait to see how much the little chipmunk has grown!

That's tough but I think Mexican. I love cheese and fresh fish and veggies so I think I'd go with that! I love quesadillas and anything with beans!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...

13 weeks today - baby is the size of a jalapeño or meyer lemon.

We've started making a list of girl's and boy's names that we like.  Pinning some nursery ideas, but probably won't buy any furniture until we know if it's a boy or girl.

Part rant, part rave...I'm not sure how so many people manage to wear their regular clothes for so long.  I kept reading all these posts about FTMs who were able to wear their normal clothes until 20 weeks or later, and it was making me feel soo bad about myself!  I finally had to go buy some maternity pants because I was MISERABLE in my dress pants at work.  And now, with these amazing maternity pants, I literally feel like a new woman.  Honestly.  I should have gone shopping way sooner!

July 8 - I don't think it's going to be a very exciting appointment since they told me it would only take about 15 minutes.

Italian. Cheesy pasta.  All the time.  And right now, that is exactly what I am doing.  :#

• AriB08AriB08 member
    edited June 2016

10 weeks today! Baby is the size of a strawberry and I was so excited when the app told me baby's internal organs were developed and he/she was starting to grow hair! Too cute!

I have been researching OBs/Hospitals like crazy to find someone/somewhere conducive to my natural birth ideas. Already spoke with 2 doulas I will be meeting when I get to our new place in AL. I also started reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and started a registry with babyli.st just so I can add things as they come up. Love that they have a button (similar to the pin it button.)

Nausea has eased up from being most of the day to just the evening now accompanied by severe heartburn but I'm proud to say I'm slowly becoming more productive every day. I am having some vivid nightmares also, especially about baby's health (think it's internal anxiety due to delay in scheduling appts.)

Anyone else in the January Club hoping to go natural? Maybe interested in a weekly post for natural birth plan mamas? I know there's a separate board for natural birth but it's not as active or current. 

Due to our move, I've had trouble scheduling something yet. We get to AL from NC on July 6, hoping to schedule ASAP when we arrive.

That's SO hard! I'd say American cuisine, I love burgers, hotdogs, and southern fried deliciousness.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • AriB08AriB08 member
    @susykat77 I see we are both 10 weeks and you are going the doula route too. Look forward to hearing more about your birth plan and journey. Maybe we could chat sometime about it. See my post, I am interested in starting a board.

@juliebird6 Don't feel bad! I've felt so bloated and uncomfortable for a while already. I broke out the cotton sundresses and bought some of those new, cute stretchy waist loose shorts that are popular now. This is my first, but I'm big on remembering that everyone is on a different journey, all of which are beautiful <3
    Pregnancy Ticker

10weeks! Baby is size of strawberry 

Not really. Throwing around baby names is about it. 

My MS has seemed to gotten worse last couple days even though I assumed I would be heading towards the finish line. So that's a bummer. 

Today. Pretty nervous. This is my first appointment meeting doctor. Will also hopefully be my 3rd ultrasound. Got first ultrasound at 6wks and was pregnant with twins. Had another ultrasound around 8weeks and was told baby "a" no longer had a heartbeat. So pretty apprehensive what will be done today. Also very nervous to see if 2 babies or only 1 will now show up on ultrasound. Getting emotional.

• AriB08AriB08 member
    @Knottie25816533 Prayers and positive energy for today's appointment!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @AirB08 I love that idea!! I am also perusing Ina May's book right now. Love it.

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014

BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt

BabyFruit Ticker

• @Knottie25816533 How did your appointment go?

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014

BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt

BabyFruit Ticker

• @susykat77.   All went well! Existing baby is healthy and was squirming all around!  Could make out spinal cord, arms and legs so was a relief! 
    @AriBo8 thanks!
  • A doula seems like a great idea. I keep going back and forth on it if its worth the extra money right now.

10 weeks.

Nope, and not for a long time.

Not really. Still have pretty darn bad headaches. Otherwise ok. And a silly amount of anxiety.

8/1 because i'm uninsured for the next month because my "benefits" people went on vacation and wont be back for another week (and didn't reply to me last week before they left for vacation). wtf.

omg indian food. curries. palak paneer. holy yum, ate some today!

• What's new with baby? (how far along, size & development?) 13 weeks baby is a size of a peach, I got to see most limbs and development at the NT scan, baby was moving all around.  Also got to hear the heartbeat at the regular check-up which was sweet!

Even though it's early, is there anything you're doing to plan/get ready for the baby's arrival? Just trying to get my head around some names, I have no idea

Rants/Raves/Symptoms/Questions?  Just some normal back pains but pretty good, very tired

When is your next appointment? July 29th, regular check up

GTKY:  If you could only eat one style of food, what would it be? What is your favorite dish within that style of food?  American, I love southern style food and fried green tomatoes are my favorite.
    BabyFruit Ticker