Infertility
Options

BFP mentioned * IVF early pregnancy. Any chance the age of the fetus can be wrong?

Just had my first ultrasound at 6 weeks and 4 days after a fresh transfer. Fetus was measuring 6 weeks and 2 days and the heart rate was low (80.) Doctor seemed very concerned with the heart rate, but everything else looks great. They will re check on Friday to see if there is an improvement or not. Doctor said to prepare myself for miscarriage. I keep thinking perhaps the fetus is actually a little younger than they think? Is that possible with IVF babies....If it was 6 weeks 2 days then 80 isn't so scary low? I am just devastated and wondering if anyone has any experience with this or advice. Thank you

Re: BFP mentioned * IVF early pregnancy. Any chance the age of the fetus can be wrong?

• Options
    vssbrmvssbrm member
    @kryssiroo I am so sorry your dr h had told you to prepare for the worst. Maybe post this over on the Pregnant After IF board. You might get more feed back there. Sorry I can't be more help than that.
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • Options
    FatPonyFatPony member
    edited June 2016
    Sorry, but 80 is scary low. I think the normal range is 120-170, doesn't depend on the age of the fetus. I wish I had better news for you
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    sorry if I posted to the wrong board, i didn't know there was one for pregnant after IF. Thank you for the tip!

• Options
    I had an IUI done in May. Got my period, then found out I was pregnant (hcg of 16-- low). I went for a scan at 5 weeks and saw a sac, then 6w2d and the sac grew and there was a fetal pole, then at 6w5d and was told there was no heart beat. Not good according to the doctor. I was high risk for a miscarriage this entire time. I've made it through 4 weeks of "risk". I go again tomm, and I will know more. But my doctor said it COULD be late implantation-- it would be rare and a miracle case in her eyes. But it is possible. Your baby has a heartbeat, so that's a good sign. I am Measuring a full week behind- so yes, it is possible that you are measuring behind too. 

The limbo is so hard- all I can say is to hope and pray; stay positive that you are the miracle case. That's what I am doing, and so far we have made it through some big hurdles. Tomorrow's hurdle will be the biggest and we will see what it brings, but for now I am positive. 

Good luck!!! Keep us posted! 
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• Options
    vssbrmvssbrm member
    @kryssiroo you didn't post in the wrong spot at all! I just figured that if anyone that was in a similar situation as yours and went on to a successful pregnancy would be more likely to see your question over there. 

Goid of luck and lots of prayers!
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • Options
    I was pregnant earlier this year with fetus measuring a week behind, then one week it caught up. Of course I ended up with a MMC like a weeks later, but catching up can happen. And 2 days is no big deal. That heartbeat is though. That it way low for a 6+ week fetus. Hopefully you'll get better news on Friday.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Options
    I hope you get good news today!