January 2017 Moms

Nursery ideas

2»

Re: Nursery ideas

• One thing has been decided... The crib! I have been eyeing this crib for a year or so at a store in town (but it was so dang expensive!!) they had a huge sale and it's now baby's!!! I'm in love with it because it can have a canopy, the canopy can come off, and it converts to a daybed and a toddler bed! 

So if baby is a girl we are going to do light and airy (whites, light pinks, etc....). Lots of pastels. 

if if baby is a boy I'm going to go more restoration hardware/industrial with lots of metal pipes shelves and that sort of thing. 

• @LCartee2016 I absolutely love owls so I was thinking of an owl theme for either a boy or a girl :smile:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We currently have all 4 boys in 1 room, and are in the process of finishing the basement so we can move our office downstairs and have that room upstairs to use also. Plan is to have oldest son share with new baby, he is the hardest sleeper of all the boys and least likely to be disturbed by crying baby. 

As of now we're thinking we will go with a Star Wars theme lol. All 6 of us are big Star wars fans...so we will see! 
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
  • We currently have all 4 boys in 1 room, and are in the process of finishing the basement so we can move our office downstairs and have that room upstairs to use also. Plan is to have oldest son share with new baby, he is the hardest sleeper of all the boys and least likely to be disturbed by crying baby. 

As of now we're thinking we will go with a Star Wars theme lol. All 6 of us are big Star wars fans...so we will see! 
    I'm one of 6 and for a while there were 4 of us in one room, too (first 2 girls and 2 boys while the twins were babies, then the twins moved in and the older boys moved out to make 3 girls and one boy... my youngest brother eventually moved in with my other brothers, but my parents didn't trust him with them at first, haha!). Reading about your kids' living situation is bringing back so many happy memories.  4 in a room was crowded, but so fun! We drove my poor dad nuts at bedtime, though, lol 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @karaelaine1991 I love hearing stories like yours! It just makes us feel better about all our kids sharing lol. I only grew up with 1 brother so never had to share, but my mom was the oldest of 4 and talks a lot about sharing rooms etc :-) 

We had originally told the boys they would get their "own room" at the age of 13, but now with a 5th baby I don't think we'll be able to stick to that lol. Once we finish the basement we'll have 1 more room for the kids, but that'll be some major musical rooms going on lol.
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
  •  MaryNog said:
    Renee1105 said:
    I think this baby will be homeless. We live in a house with 2 bedrooms upstairs and 2 bedrooms downstairs. I think the baby will stay in our room and then will have to share with my daughter, I'm  not ready for her to be upstairs alone.

Is anyone else in the same situation?
    Sort of! We live in a rented 2 bedroom apartment, so painting the walls isn't an option. I'm hoping my mom can come stay with us for a month or two after the baby is born, and hopefully after that my mother in law can come too. So, we will probably keep the second bedroom as a guest room and put the crib in our bedroom. Part of me wishes we could do a cute nursery, but I'm grateful that we can offer our families a room of their own while they helps us transition into a family of 3. I'll live vicariously through everyone else's ideas, they're really fantastic!
    We lived in a small two-bedroom house when DS was born. We set up the nursery for him, but we also put a twin bed in there. He spent most of the time in our room up until about 6 months old, but guess aka parents could stay on the twin. And we used it a lot when he was fussy, so at least one of us could get a good night's sleep, 
  • @karaelaine1991 I love hearing stories like yours! It just makes us feel better about all our kids sharing lol. I only grew up with 1 brother so never had to share, but my mom was the oldest of 4 and talks a lot about sharing rooms etc :-) 

We had originally told the boys they would get their "own room" at the age of 13, but now with a 5th baby I don't think we'll be able to stick to that lol. Once we finish the basement we'll have 1 more room for the kids, but that'll be some major musical rooms going on lol.
    I shared a room with at least my sisters from the age of 4 when my second brother was born until I got married when I was 22. It could be annoying - my sister who's closest in age to me was that stereotypical little sister who was always stealing my clothes and reading my diary when it occurred to me to keep one - but it made us SUPER close and now I wouldn't give up that experience for anything! When we weren't invading each other's space, we were making the coolest blanket forts ever with our 3-4 beds and staying up giggling and hoping our parents wouldn't hear us up past bedtime. Your sons might sometimes wish they had their own space, but they (and their future roommates at college!) will thank you later :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @itsmeraffyv Oh I'm obsessed! Kind of. Lol, I raid Cracker Barrel in the spring because they always have super cute owl items.  :)<3
    BabyFetus Ticker