June 2016 Moms

Funny moments

edited June 2016 in June 2016 Moms
I thought it'd be fun to start a post to share funny moments with our new babies. 
Iam a first time mom and officially got pooped on today. 
My husband and I were hanging out binge watching Game of Thrones (our show of choice to watch during maternity leave. My hubby is a teacher so we are lucky enough to both gave the summer off with LO) when we heard some crazy poop noises coming from our precious baby girl. She was laying in the Rock and play so I scooped her up and turned to go upstairs to change her when she let out the mother of all poop explosions all up my arm. Me and my husband both yelled oh my god which was then followed by my husband yelling go go go quick before she goes again! And then she did. Now poppies dripping down my arm and I am laughing at the craziness which is made funnier by the sleep deprivation we have going on. We eventually made it to the nursery but it is definitely amoment I will remember from our first few weeks as new parents. :)

Re: Funny moments

• We chuckle at all the lovely faces our son makes when he's working on a poop. His expressions are just priceless and are so wide-ranging. 

Another moment is when he hiccups. I feel so bad for him when he gets them, which is about twice a day, since there isn't much I can do about them. That said, after every hiccup, he throws his hands up slightly. *Hiccup* *raises arms* *hiccup* *raises arms*. It's amusing to see.
  • We chuckle at all the lovely faces our son makes when he's working on a poop. His expressions are just priceless and are so wide-ranging. 

Another moment is when he hiccups. I feel so bad for him when he gets them, which is about twice a day, since there isn't much I can do about them. That said, after every hiccup, he throws his hands up slightly. *Hiccup* *raises arms* *hiccup* *raises arms*. It's amusing to see.
    Yes! The face expressions are priceless! Our LO is very smiley when she is like half awake and it's the cutest thing in the entire universe! :blush:
    She also sneezes sometimes and when she does she throws her arms up at the same time . lol
  • Loading the player...
  • I love the startle reflex and I will be bummed when it fades. It is hilarious to me.
  • I love the startle reflex and I will be bummed when it fades. It is hilarious to me.

Personally I'm ready for it to end since it wakes them all the time. Lol

We get a lot of marathon poops we call them.  He has one in the AM and one at night where he will poop for like 10 min.  The first time he did it was while I was changing him and I lifted his butt to wipe and it shot on the wall!!! Another time was with DH and he was screaming for more wipes cause it kept coming.
  • Yesterday morning while by myself (dh was at work) DD was nursing and then my dog started to throw up so I had to put down DD to let the dog outside and while she was laying down she had an explosive poop all over her swing. Then I took her to change her and she continued to poop and pee all over me on the changing table. All the while I had nausea from the antibiotics I'm taking for mastitis and had to clean up dog puke and baby poop. Talk about an eventful morning.
  • So after having an easy time in the hospital breastfeeding after being dead set on exclusively pumping, we decided to breastfeed afterall. The nurses in the hospital were so helpful in coaching and assisting. One position we found the best was me laying on my side with baby facing me on her side. Perfect latch and easy feed....on a hard hospital bed. We tried this at home yesterday but my bed is too soft to so it the way we did in the hospital. I rolled forward to try and adjust and put some light pressure on my boob when i moved. Milk shot out and squirt all over baby's face!!! It was a complete money shot of breast milk and her face was absolutely horrified!! I could not stop laughing!! My husband had to leave the room because he was belly laughing worse than i was!! #newparentfail
    ~* Met Husband: July 26, 2009 <3Said Yes: July 26, 2010 <3Married:  September 10, 2011 <3Baby Due: June 17, 2016 *~

• My DS has been watching me with the baby over the last month and decided his teddy bear has pooped and needs diaper. Then he say he's hungry lifts his shirt up and pretends to breastfeed his bear. The best part is how mortified my husband is!!! 
    Lol! My daughter went to church with my parents the Sunday after ds was born, we were still in the hospital. Apparently she wanted to take her baby doll and decided to breastfeed her after the service! My mom was so embarrassed. I felt kind of proud honestly Lol.
  • We have a little bassinet with vibration feature. The first time we put Jackie in it and turned it on she stopped crying, went wide eyed for a minute and then said "Oh!". I may have peed myself laughing at her reaction.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::