December 2016 Moms

Whatcha watchin'?!? (Spoilers Alert!!)

Anyone up for a weekly thread about what we're watching? Can be current or old as can be on Netflix or anything in between. I know multiple threads are annoying but thought this might be fun :smiley:
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Whatcha watchin'?!? (Spoilers Alert!!)

• DH and I are watching Criminal Minds and I'm watching Gilmore Girls.
    EQD born 12/15!

• Loading the player...
  • I'm watching Blood Lake on Netflix with DH. It's an awful B movie about killer lampreys in Lake Michigan. Christopher Lloyd, Shannon Doherty, and the guy who played Scutt Farkus in "A Christmas Story" are all in it. Hahaha.
  • Mamax2Mamax2 member
    The only series I watch right now are with DD. Mondays, we watch So You Think You Can Dance together and record American Ninja Warrior to watch on Thursdays. I'm a huge Grey's Academy and Scandal fan when it's on, as well as Once Upon A Time.
  • Last night we watched 13 Hours about Bengazi... Super good in my opinion! Hard to watch knowing people went through that. It makes me feel very small. 
    Tonight we're watching Race about Jesse Owens... Really can't wait to watch it! I am hoping it's something my kids can watch next year when we study the modern era in our homeschool. I want (all) our kids to have strong black role models.
    My current guilty pleasure is Wayward Pines... My friend's husband is the writer. It's our little claim to fame around here. 

Due December 27th with baby #7

• dmontgo said:
    I'm watching Blood Lake on Netflix with DH. It's an awful B movie about killer lampreys in Lake Michigan. Christopher Lloyd, Shannon Doherty, and the guy who played Scutt Farkus in "A Christmas Story" are all in it. Hahaha.
    Ahhh!  I live by Lake Michigan and we are going to be camping on a site right on the lake this weekend so I'm definitely going to avoid this movie!  
  • We watch Naruto Shippuden together(Crunchy Roll). On Netflix H is re-watching Last Man Standing, I am watching NCIS, L has All Hail King Julian/Dragons Race To The Edge/Phineas and Ferb. Then we use Chopped, Beat Bobby Flay, and Voyager as background noise.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Mamax2Mamax2 member
    DH and I are watching Criminal Minds and I'm watching Gilmore Girls.
    Love me some Criminal Minds! Are you guys all caught up on this season?
  • Mamax2 said:
    No, we are way behind! We started over at the beginning on Netflix recently and are on season 6 now.
    EQD born 12/15!

• karmbakarmba member
    When I'm traveling I only ever watch Comedy Central.  So far today it's been South Park and Futurama.  I've seen most of the episodes multiple times, but it's my routine!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• cgss11cgss11 member
    DH and I are watching the newest OITNB, and are almost done. We really didn't like last season, but I'm glad we decided to give this one a shot, it's much better. We need to find a new series to watch together after this. 

On my own, I've been watching Scandal and The Good Wife. Cooking shows/competitions are my background noise. 
  • Mamax2Mamax2 member
    Mamax2 said:
    No, we are way behind! We started over at the beginning on Netflix recently and are on season 6 now.
    Oh, so much good stuff! No spoilers thougj, I promise! 
  • OITNB (damn that ending!!!!), The Bachelorette (DH is stuck on it too now mwahaha), and American Ninja Warrior. Summer has such scant programming, but for some reason these shows remind me of my last pregnancy. So I'm all nostalgic. Don't judge me. I know this is weird. 
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • WHY HAS NOBODY MENTIONED GAME OF THRONES YET!? I need to dissect that finale!

Also watching Master Chef, Bert the Conquerer, Ridiculousness, John Oliver, Daily Show, and finishing up a few shows on the DVR from fall that we haven't gotten all the way through yet.
    November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I FINALLY watched the Game of Thrones finale last night. Oh mah geeeeeerd.

Also, my summer obsession is Big Brother. I can't get enough.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Married DH: 4/7/2012 
    TTC: 2/3/2016 (Me: 31yrs  DH: 35yrs)
    BFP: 4/10/2016
    EDD: 12/18/16
    Kaynen Alexander born 12/6/16 via c-section (bicornate uterus/breech)
  • Shark Week!!!!!
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Yesss Game of Thrones. I can't stop thinking about the finale. 

We we just finished season 2 of Peaky Blinders, which besides being a great show in general (though super violent), allows me to ogle Cillian Murphy and his beautiful cheekbones. 

We also just finished the last season of Inside Amy Shumer. And now I'm realizing we have nothing to watch...
  • Ummmm GAME OF THRONES, obviously. We are still raving about that finale. So. Good. 

I am about halfway through the current season of OITNB. I also watch Mistresses, a total guilty pleasure soap-like show on ABC. 

DH and I watch The Last Ship, Wayward Pines, American Ninja Warrior, Outlander, The Zoo, Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll (hilarious), and we just started a new show called Animal Kingdom which is awesome and reminds us of an old favorite, Sons of Anarchy. 

I promise we do more than just watch TV haha but what can I say? We love it! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Last pregnancy I watched so many movies and shows but couldn't read. This one I don't feel like sitting through a single thing but read all the books! I did watch that sugar film or whatever the documentary is called. Orphan black sometimes. Oh the movie butter was funny.. I want to see a movie in the theater - anything good out or coming out?
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • @slartybartfast If you like dark comedies with underlying social commentaries, I recommend seeing "The Lobster" with Colin Farrell. Very dry humor, but it really makes you think about what the director is trying to say about how modern romantic relationships are.
  • beff12beff12 member
    We have no cable, sad, so we are a Netflix family! DH and I watch Bones together and I have been watching Saved by the Bell on my own :joy: I also like DDD...I am strangely drawn to food shows these days. Oh and Clifford's Puppy Days or Super Why for DD. 

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Game of Thrones fan here too! I'm so sad it's over, but man what a finale. 
    December 2016 August Siggy Challenge: Embarrassing Back to School Pics

BabyFruit Ticker

• @dmontgo  I just had someone else tell me how much they enjoyed "The Lobster", it's on my must watch list.

Just finished Game of Thrones (so amazing), and am about to start OITNB.  My guilty pleasure is definitely The Bachelorette and some of the Real Housewives shows.....so awful but I'm addicted.  I'm really trying to keep my list small this summer though, I need to be more active so all the shows are not helping!!  

Me: 39 DH: 36
    Married: Sept 2018
    DS: December 2016
    #2 EDD Feb 2020

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm definitely a Bachelorette and Mistresses fan.   And I may have binged the current season of OITNB in the first weekend... I was really sick.

DH and I just started Wayward Pines and DH is into Sons of Anarchy.

• @beff12 I love bones too! I've got like 4 episodes on my DVR from the current season that I need to catch up on and I'm more than a little sad that the show is ending after next season
    EQD born 12/15!

• HUGE GOT FAN!!! Read the books and I have to say they did an AMAZING job this season. Its exactly what I wanted to happen lol

I started watching Guilt on Freeform and Animal Kingdom on TNT. Animal Kingdom is actually pretty good....Guilt idk yet.
    Me: 29
    DH: 30
    Happily Ever After: 05-15-2015
    TTC since June 2015 
    BFP 3/21! - E.D.D. 11/28/16!

Pregnancy Ticker
    September Football Siggy

• I need to watch the GoT finale, just haven't had time yet :-(  My guilty show is the Bachelor/Bachelorette abs I need to watch last night's episode too 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Game of Thrones is mah life April - June. So crazy to think that next season I'll have a tiny human. 

I watch Chopped anytime that I see its on. DH and I provide excellent commentary for that show. We also watch American Ninja Warrior and that new Spartan show. Other than that I mainly watch movies or documentaries. We are cancelling Netflix July 1st which makes me sad cause the show Between is coming back on 6/30 and although it was awful I couldn't stop watching 

Me:27   H:30
    Till death do us part: 7.2.2011
    Trying to conceive since 01.2014
    Low AFC and azoospermia
    IVF #1 03.2016 - BFP 03.28.2016
    Due: 12.05.2016

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • R0824HR0824H member
    Pretty Little Liars!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3
    Also OITNB, Full House, Greys Anatomy, Last Man Standing, 2 Broke Girls, Teen Mom OG&2, The Challenge, The Real World, American Ninja Warrior...

I like to watch a lot of tv *embarrassed face*
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Game of thrones, Orange is the new black, greys anatomy, once upon a time, supernatural, outlander- we canceled the channel it was on halfway through this season :( 

botched and keeping up with the kardashians, teen mom... Give me all the reality trash please. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• beff12beff12 member
    @beff12 I love bones too! I've got like 4 episodes on my DVR from the current season that I need to catch up on and I'm more than a little sad that the show is ending after next season
    Oh no!! I didn't know it was ending! We're on season 10 on Netflix right now, which is the last one on there...I think 11 is what's currently on tv? I just love it so much! 

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014

• Oooohhh, just watched the GoT finale. Daaaaamn!!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • GOT. 
    Thats it.
    Otherwise I'm reading, or PBS is on kids stuff. I like the BBC nature shows on Netflix before I go to bed. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I stay current on Pretty Little Liars (H calls me 15), Greys and Scandal.  Currently we are watching BloodLine on Netflix (season 2).  I'm a sucker for Dateline and 48 Hours mysteries.  LOL 
  • jptrumptonejptrumptone member
    edited June 2016
    @beff12: Yep season 11 is currently airing (or just finished airing?) and season 12 will be the last:
    https://www.eonline.com/news/743378/bones-ending-with-season-12

I've been watching Bones for years and still love it but DH things it jumped the shark last season so I get behind 'cause he would rather watch other things (like Criminal Minds).

If you haven't seen it, I'd recommend Castle as well. It has some of the same cute relationship things as Bones between the male and female leads. It also stars Nathan Fillion of Firefly fame.

edit cause English is hard
    EQD born 12/15!

• beff12beff12 member
    @jptrumptone thanks for the recommendation! We'll have to check it out. DH likes Firefly!

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014

• At the moment, shark week because I evidently love to give myself nightmares.  I just finished watching several episodes of RHONY that I recorded and need to set aside some time for the new season of OITNB.  Otherwise, I already miss GOT and my erstwhile favorite Grey's.

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
    Married: Aug. 2005
    DS1: Born Oct. 2012
    DS2: Born Jun. 2014
  • I'm holding off on OITNB until next week while on vacation. Currently the only show obsession is the bachelorette, but I'm totally bummed <spoiler alert> to not get to look at jim halpert's doppelgänger anymore. The other guys are just uggo 
  • R0824HR0824H member
    ok....episode 12 of OITNB just made me cry a little.... :'(
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker