March 2016 Moms
Options

Things I said While in Labor

Saw this thread on some of the other bmbs and thought we could use some fun like this here. What was being said and done in the heat of things?

Re: Things I said While in Labor

• Options
    While pushing a nurse said to me, "omg she has tons of THICK, DARK hair!! Do you want to reach down and feel it?!" my response (as she was crowning) "NO. JUST GET HER OUUUT!" 
    Hahaha. 
  • Options
    I have no idea what all I said in labor, but I remember I kept making my nurses laugh. Apparently dilating rapidly and pushing slowly makes me say the darnedest stuff.

I do remember DD wasn't coming down and I was exhausted from pushing, so a nurse told me I needed some pitocin for "pushing power" or else a trip across the hall for a C-section. I yelled "NO!" and found renewed strength. They laughed that the CS threat had worked, but I said, "No, you said 'Pitocin.'" It wasn't super funny to me, especially when I still had to have pitocin and the looming CS room was literally the room straight across the hall.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When I got to the hospital, they kinda brushed off that I was in labor and told me they'd see if they'd even keep me there. I was dialated to a 4 weeks before going in to labor and I hadn't progressed by the time I got there. They said they'd check me again in 15 minutes and decide what to do....they came back an HOUR later and I was at almost an 8...then my water broke. Hadn't been admitted, no fluids, no lab work at this point. 

I cried and begged EVERY nurse/Doctor/official looking janitor for an epidural. I made my nurse pinky swear I would get it before I had to push. My birth plan was "get to the hospital, ALL the drugs, have a baby however I need to" so I wasn't prepared to go that long. 
  • Options
    While getting ready for the epi I was so excited about the effect of it (I had an epi with my first as well) that I was constantly talking about how " I love epidural. I LOVE epidural! It's just amazing" making the anaesthesiologist, nurses and midwife crack up since I hadn't gotten it yet. I just kept on praising the epi until well after it had been put in place. 
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    While they were setting up for the c-section, I was talking with one of the nurses about cookies. Then I asked them to change the music in the OR (they were playing 2000's pop music). DH told them to ignore me when I asked for some death metal. 

While waiting for the epi, I told the blood pressure cuff to F*** off.
  • Options
    I don't remember if I really said much that was funny. I do remember on the last push or two that I yelled "IS HE OUT OF ME YET" even though he very obviously wasn't, lol.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    The month before I had Autumn,one of my good friends had her baby. they told her that she was having a girl the whole time but when she went to delivery her baby girl was a biy. so after i was done delivering, I asked the nurse and doctor "She's a girl right?" Ironically my friend a I had the same nurse.
  • Options
    "WHERE ARE MY FUCKING DRUGS!!!???"
    February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I was a week overdue and did NOT want to be induced. My midwife suggested castor oil and I took 2 oz. I immediately felt pressure and thought I had poop! For 2 hours I couldn't poop (because I was actually in labor). Finally we headed to the hospital. When we got there I jumped out of the car, ran through security and the metal detectors and DEMANDED a bathroom. I still thought I had to poop. A nurse had to get me in a wheelchair and wheel me to labor and delivery. When we got there they asked what was going on and I screamed "I NEED AN ENEMA NOW!" When they checked me my daughter was crowning and she was born 30 minutes later. I thought she was a poop the whole time. 
  • Options
    I didnt really say anything, DH actually thought i was crazy. Im an introvert and with every contraction i would just stand totally still and wait for it to pass. I think i said i needed to poop when i was pushing. 
  • Options
    While pushing a nurse said to me, "omg she has tons of THICK, DARK hair!! Do you want to reach down and feel it?!" my response (as she was crowning) "NO. JUST GET HER OUUUT!" 
    Hahaha. 
    They asked me this too. I was like "Um...NO?! I'm all set!"
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    smushismushi member
    After three pushes and the nurse holding his head in, I screamed, "Tell that doctor to get in here, the baby's coming!!!"  She was apparently sauntering down the hallway.  She made it in just in time to catch him, just barely.
  • Options
    bchalmbchalm member
    So, I don't think I said too much funny but when the nurse told my DH to count, she said not too fast and not too slow. DH response was : "so, like a drinking game? " 
  • Options
    tamaraatowntamaraatown member
    edited June 2016
    My water broke at 9pm. Got to the hospital at 11. Went from 3cm to 8cm in an hour.  8cm to fully open and crowning within 15 minutes.  Doctor didn't have time to get there. All i can remember saying besides the flat out screaming ... because the nurses kept telling me to not push (3 pushes total and he was out,  9lbs 8oz at 2am)...i was so tired of them telling me not to push, because 15 minutes after they had realized i was fully dilated,  he was out! The nurses said 4x "don't push" and i flipped and screamed "I JUST WANT HIM OUT!"....
     This was my 1st baby.  
  • Options
    maxmcjmaxmcj member
    Second baba born March ... nurses went out the room I'm chugging on the gas and air and I've just come out with ah that felt good... when my partner asked what did I replied with ... I fatted. .. I've been trying to far for hours.... lol I don't remember much else hahaha x