September 2016 Moms
Options

6/28 - Working Moms Check in!

How are yall holding up this week? Focus any better or worse? Anyone struggling to drive in? I feel like we're so far in but still have such a long way to go...
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: 6/28 - Working Moms Check in!

• Options
    I'm holding up just fine.. but my productivity has nosedived.  Luckily I have a quarter ending and need to furnish a report to the State in the next couple of weeks - that usually keeps me busy and is easier to focus on an end product like that.

I have a 45 minute commute and actually typically enjoy it. I blast music and sing along, it's my only real "alone time" all day long between a 1.5 year old at home and coworkers here at work.

I'm feeling pretty far along, not feeling the "long way to go" right now..  so it's all good!  Could also help that I work 4 days a week, so I never work more than 2 days in a row (off Wednesday and weekends).
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I legit fell asleep at my desk yesterday.  I'm just so tired and struggle to find any motivation to work.  The problem is I have so much to do in the next 12 weeks that I can't afford to slack off, even a little.  I'm booked solid from now until August 4.

I'm uncomfortable, I'm tired, my feet are KILLING me and there's so much to do at home that I just can't concentrate.  I'd love to be able to nap and start working on the kids rooms but work is leaving me so drained that I barely get done the basics at home.

Thankfully, the daycare is closed next week, so I'm sort of "forced" to take a vacation, which I'm partly looking forward to and partly terrified to take because of all the work I'll have waiting for me when I get back.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was sick last week, so I was on the Struggle Bus, bigtime. I've taken to taking desk naps at break again, which I haven't done since the first trimester. I'm ready for maternity leave. 
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

• Options
    The struggle is real!!! 

It was going good but today is rough. I had a 3 day weekend and over worked myself, woke up in the middle of the night with a massive headache. Going into work this morning was rough, I now feel weepy, tired and cranky. How am I going to last 9.5 weeks!!!!!!! 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options

I am uncomfortable, I get out of breath very easily and my legs get weak. Its like my belly is right under my boobs and sitting or standing I cant get any relief. My hips are popping/clicking and get really sore quick or leg cramps. Braxton hicks suck and now aren't so painful but very noticeable and make driving in/home interesting when I keep having to lay the seat farther back.

Lastly, my belly is sticking to my legs and its the grossest feeling in the world. like sweaty skin against each other but instead of thighs rubbing its my belly on my legs.... w...t...*... sitting or standing at my desk is not very pleasant.

AnnaS930 - I'd love for the mid week break.

Elevator rides - I could do without strangers staring at belly then me saying "any day now, right?" NO M* not any day and thanks for the you're huge comment and implication

I've got stuff to get done before leave but part of me won't be heartbroken to be put on bed rest at this point. At least some sort of it but then again I hate staying still so it might not be what I'd like either :(

• Options
    @chavezrd2 or anyone who might know - how does being put on bed rest work with FMLA?  It's only 12 weeks (I think) but that starts as soon as you go out, right?  You don't get another 12 weeks after the baby is born.  Does it start over in the new year?  Is it considered temporary disability?  

I suppose it's probably state-specific, but I thought I'd ask since I was wondering and figured this is the best place for the question.
  • Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    I am definitely struggling. Office furniture was not build with pregnant women in mind. I wish I could work remotely --- I could get things done just as easily from my bed with a laptop, but I'd be MUCH more comfortable. 

Right now, I'm just trying to stay as comfortable as I can and enjoy these last weeks of being pregnant. I'm SUPER looking forward to the long holiday weekend we have coming up! The break is much needed. 
  • Options
    Tippy05 said:
    @chavezrd2 or anyone who might know - how does being put on bed rest work with FMLA?  It's only 12 weeks (I think) but that starts as soon as you go out, right?  You don't get another 12 weeks after the baby is born.  Does it start over in the new year?  Is it considered temporary disability?  

I suppose it's probably state-specific, but I thought I'd ask since I was wondering and figured this is the best place for the question.

I never been on  bed rest before but I did talk to my benefits last week and in Texas - FMLA starts when dr says so (either birth of child or bed rest medically) Only 12 weeks total and you have to wait another 12 months before you can get FMLA again. At my company FMLA runs the same time as our Short Term Disability benefits. However if you are on maternity leave and something happens its at the company discretion to extend STD benefits again if they deem it needed. (Last time I was in the ER the day before coming back off maternity leave for gallbladder surgery and I got another 4 weeks after that. Rough but glad my company was understanding and took care of me.) Love or hate oil and gas - my company has been wonderful to my family for almost 10 years.
  • Options
    Overall I feel fine, but I have ZERO motivation to do anything work related. (just spent most of my morning putting headbands and cute outfits into my etsy cart to show DH tonight lol)

I thankfully haven't hit the 'totally uncomfortable' stage yet, but my legs do become very restless throughout the day. Once the afternoon hits I have to get up and walk around nearly every 10 minutes. I am lucky that my office is freezing cold so I can layer on a sweater or put my heater on. I much rather have it this way instead of it being too warm.  
  • Options
    UnwritteN12UnwritteN12 member
    edited June 2016
    My productivity is struggling. Granted, that's partly because we've been through a couple of reorgs and are defining our processes but I'm having a hard time staying motivated to do leftover work from prior to that as well. 

And I second @ElcaB concerning office furniture - certainly not meant for pregnant women. I have extra back support that only sometimes helps. I brought my heating pad today too since, outside of a hot bath, that's the only thing that helps my back.

As far as driving, I don't have a long commute. But I don't know how much longer I'll be able to drive. My seat is all the way back and is at a less-than-normal angle for me and my belly still touches the steering wheel. Awesome.

Edited - my post got eaten.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    I am so sick of fighting with people at work. I am too tired and stressed to be arguing all the time, but I'm a litigation lawyer in a high caseload practice so arguing with many people per day over many tiny useless things is pretty much my whole job. Also for whatever reason I am dizzy pretty much all the time right now which is making things tough (maybe it's my stress level :p )

I feel the same @chavezrd2 , I almost wouldn't be disappointed to be on bed rest. But then I think I might hate that worse than I hate trying to work through my brain fog right now. My doctor has offered to write me out of work, but if I went out, I might not have the baby for 12 more weeks, and then I would be out of leave. Bleh. I might talk to my work about working from home a couple of days a week. It's not like I could possibly be less productive. 
  • Options
    @PoodleDoodleOoo Yes, that second gif is me today too!!  

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

July: Patriotic Fails

england independence day 4th of july july 4th
  • Options
    @PoodleDoodleOoo - I am the top gif today.. only that is me trying desperately to find a place that will deliver me a new fridge ASAP. I have done so close to zero actual work today, just focused on my own issues. I'm the worst.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    I can't contribute to this check in anymore :( Right before coming back to work from my sick leave after my appendix surgery, I started having back spasms. My OB wrote a note for them to make accommodations at work, but they didn't really help. I wasn't supposed to bend, twist, lift, run, etc. But I work in a center with kids with autism and there's like 50 kids there every day. Even though they took me off the clients who run, I was still sitting at small desks, twisting, etc because it's part of the job and I found it hard to avoid. I was so sore by the end of the work day I was crying the whole way home. So my OB recommended I not work with clients and just do office work, but that's not really part of my job (we only get about 30 mins of office work a day) and work said they can't accommodate that. So I'm officially off again until my next appointment, but with all the stuff also going on with my appendix incision not healing properly, I'm assuming he'll just write me off for the remainder of the pregnancy. So after sick leave and mat leave, I'll be off work from late May 2016- late September 2017. Oh man. I am definitely not going to want to go back...

also for those worried about being bored on bed rest....im not technically on bed rest but am told to basically only rest (esp now cause I'm taking morphine and it makes me drowsy as f***). I haven't found that it's been boring! I read lots, and I'm also in my final semester of my masters so I have school work to preoccupy me. I think if you started a hobby you'd be surprised how fast the days go. Puzzles in front of tv are fun...
  • Options
    Guys, I don't mean to brag, but I've been productive as hell the past 2 days. Probably because a girl in our group got fired and now I'm scared shitless. But still, so much productivity! Haha

• Options
    RG1  sorry to hear all the drama you're going thru but you've also given me hope in case bed rest happens. just had lunch and its hard to breath and already fidgeting at my desk... 3 more hours to go :(
  • Options
    @MrsVoorhees - your TW Tuesday post is the reason I will most likely be on-time on Thursday for the first time in way too long.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    chavezrd2 said:
    RG1  sorry to hear all the drama you're going thru but you've also given me hope in case bed rest happens. just had lunch and its hard to breath and already fidgeting at my desk... 3 more hours to go :(
    I felt guilty for a bit and kept trying to think of ways I could work a few more weeks (most people in my job make it to about 30 weeks so that was my goal). But with how miserable I was and how cranky I was to go to work knowing it was just going to make me sore, I just started thinking about what was best for me and baby. If your doc thinks you need bed rest, it might be for physical but can also be for stress! And if it gets to that point, it will be a relief. When the surgeon for my appendectomy told me I'd need 4 weeks off, I cried happy tears, because work had been getting so difficult and everyday was a struggle emotionally and physically. I was getting really depressed.

Granted, I'm in Canada so have amazing mat leave and my job has a great sick policy (15 weeks paid) so I can't imagine going through this and having it cut into my time off with the baby. 
  • Options
    @RG1 - I went on leave right before my due date last time and little man came 10 days after expected, so I had 2 weeks at home just waiting for his arrival. Puzzles in front of the TV were my life. It was not bad!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah our leave is only 12 weeks FMLA (6wks paid) and I hate to use that without baby but who knows at this point what's going to happen. I'll follow doctor's orders and go from there. I feel so guilty feeling so uncomfortable and complaining when I have two folks here in my group that are going thru IVF and IUI and I know all the stuff they are going thru
  • Options
    AnnaS930 said:
    @MrsVoorhees - your TW Tuesday post is the reason I will most likely be on-time on Thursday for the first time in way too long.
    I've been kind of high on myself because I get here 15 min early and that's just not typical of me. But ive been doing it for about 3 months now and it's so nice to not feel stressed about being late! But believe me, I was never on time before I decided to change. Not an hour and 15 min late either though.
  • Options
    mpijunmpijun member
    Has anyone been put on "light duty " ? My doctor wrote me for it today and I work in a hospital so I'm not sure how it's going to go. I feel like a jerk because I still have 11 weeks but I don't need this baby coming any sooner then absolutely necessary. 
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    mpijun said:
    Has anyone been put on "light duty " ? My doctor wrote me for it today and I work in a hospital so I'm not sure how it's going to go. I feel like a jerk because I still have 11 weeks but I don't need this baby coming any sooner then absolutely necessary. 
    Yea I was put on light duties but ultimately there wasnt enough work with my job so my workplace didn't approve it (I'm just on short term disability now). I also felt like a jerk/baby but you and baby come first!
  • Options
    I am officially looking forward to maternity leave. 2 more months to go! I made the mistake of taking on 2 interns plus I'm working 10 hour days. By 2pm I am worthless and I am constantly forgetting things that used to be habitual. All I do is sleep when I get home and it's impossible to get anything done once I'm home. Welcome to the third trimester I guess
  • Options
    I'm doing ok. I finally got approved for 8 weeks of maternity leave (they only wanted to give me 6 which was 2 less than last time, and there's no "official" policy in the books, we're too small to qualify for FMLA, etc). So that was a bit of a relief. 

I'm stressed just thinking about having a baby and having to go back there in only 8 weeks. Bleck. 

I have to stay productive because they are ON TOP of every minute I spend there, so that's probably a good thing. If left to my own devices, at this point, I'd probably fall asleep or be distracted by baby things, haha.

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Options
    I have been off for a week and I still have 2 days off before July 1st. It has been so nice but I'm sad/scared to think about going back knowing that I'm working until I have this baby. I don't have my schedule all the way out yet but I know I have two 80+ hour weeks of nights that will bring me to 36 weeks and then I have a 24 hour shift at 38 weeks. I really hope that's my last 24! I didn't work up until my due date with my first two so this will be a new and *exciting* experience, haha.  I'm nervous about how it will play out but I know women do it so I'm hoping it will be fine.
    DD1 6.2011 
    DD2 4.2013 - vbac
    DS1 9.2016 - vbac, team green
    Baby #4 due 9.2018
  • Options
    Same story, different day. The insomnia is really, really awful. I'm currently waiting for the ambien to kick in. I hate taking it, but days without more than 2 hours of solid sleep really affects me physically and mentally.

I had a talk with our HR today and she's going to look into whether or not I could keep my benefits of my doctor pulled me out, or cut my hours. If not, I have to decide when and how much I want to cut back and how long I want to work for and then get on my husband's insurance. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Luckily, I work from home for a local health system, but today I feel just AWFUL. Headache, dizzy, lightheaded, just all around feeling crappy. I did go in for a BP check per OB's request, but that came out good, so now I'm just stuck working and feeling crappy. I could use PTO, but I am trying to save it for when baby gets here... I'm already running on PTO fumes with all of these appts. Ugh, maternity leave can't come soon enough.

I didn't work during my first pregnancy, and I miss that so much .. working and being pregnant is hard work!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I'm taking tomorrow off since I have to do the GD test and I didn't want to deal with a sugar crash at work, which is basically why/how I'm holding out this week - just knowing that it's a short one helps! And next week is only a three day work week for me. And then I'm convinced it's going to be pure hell till this kid is out. 
  • Options
    It's been tough trying to focus and be my usual productive self. I'm losing interest. I do love what I do, but it's getting harder and harder. I haven't taken a single sick day this year and I've only had two vacation days so far. I need a break! So happy for the long weekend and I will have another in a few weeks after our baby q, which is nice. Something to look forward to!
  • Options
    Can't focus for the freaking life of me. The worst!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Guys, I don't know what the hell is
    wrong with me but I've been more
    productive in the past 3 days than I have been since January. I'm worried haha I think it was probably that girl getting fired, but whatever it was kicked me in gear and it has me feeling damn good. I think her getting fired made me realize how important my job is to me and how much we need it. She has 2 kids too and they were on her insurance.
  • Options
    @MrsVoorhees not liking because that chick got fired, but seriously, good for you. My ability to meet deadlines and get sh#t done is completely in the toilet. I often wish I had a healthier fear of getting fired, I really need my job. 
  • Options
    @jas1982 and I'm not trying to brag, I know everyone is having a hard time! I've just been hella lazy since BPF in Jan so it's about time I do something haha!
  • Options
    I'm taking tomorrow off since I have to do the GD test and I didn't want to deal with a sugar crash at work, which is basically why/how I'm holding out this week - just knowing that it's a short one helps! And next week is only a three day work week for me. And then I'm convinced it's going to be pure hell till this kid is out. 
    I'm doing the same thing for my second glucose testing. I did the 3 hour a few weeks ago, and made the mistake of going into work afterwards. Ugh, bad decision. So for my next one, I just scheduled PTO for the whole day.
    BabyFetus Ticker