March 2017 Moms

Symptoms Thread: Week of 06/27/16

Any new or lingering symptoms, ladies? Lack of symptoms? Questions about symptoms? Share it here!

Re: Symptoms Thread: Week of 06/27/16

• Scarlett830Scarlett830 member
    edited June 2016
    I'm legit always hungry lately. I feel ready to cut someone if I don't get my food.

Edit it for better gif
  • I have definitely been experiencing some serious exhaustion. Other than that, I am sure it will be a few more weeks for other symptoms to set in. 

How many tests have y'all taken so far?? I am not one to take a million tests BUT I took a second one this morning just because I had one more and I wanted to see it darker!

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been getting some crazy heart palpitations. I had them occasionally prior to getting pregnant, but now they're magnified.  Also, constipated and I want to eat ALL THE THINGS.  I ate so much pizza last night, I have a stomach ache today.  Ugh.
    Married: 7/9/15
    Me: 37, DH: 36
    Started TTC #1: 9/2015
    Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal
    BFP: 5/19/2016, M/C: 5/29/2016
    BFP: 6/22/2016  EDD 3//6/2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @JillDSoontobeG I've tested every morning.. lol. I also tested three times on Friday (day I got my BFP). I'll probably quit doing that once I go for my appointment with the nurse at the OBs on Wednesday.

I agree with the exhaustion others have mentioned. I did have a quick bit of nausea this AM but not much. I'm just completely done in by 9pm. Plus I napped both days this weekend. I'm hoping that I survive work today!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @JillDSoonToBeG I tested twice a day from 8DPO to 12DPO, with my BFP on 10DPO. I'll probably do another digi later this week, mostly just because I have it, and because I want to see the weeks estimator move up from 1-2 weeks to 2-3 weeks. But otherwise I'm done.
  • I have definitely been experiencing some serious exhaustion. Other than that, I am sure it will be a few more weeks for other symptoms to set in. 

How many tests have y'all taken so far?? I am not one to take a million tests BUT I took a second one this morning just because I had one more and I wanted to see it darker!

@JillDSoonToBeG I tested twice a day from 8DPO to 12DPO, with my BFP on 10DPO. I'll probably do another digi later this week, mostly just because I have it, and because I want to see the weeks estimator move up from 1-2 weeks to 2-3 weeks. But otherwise I'm done.
    This. Right Here. 

I actually went out and bought another box last night, just to monitor that my numbers are going up until my apt next week. Still "Pregnant - 2-3 Weeks", so I seem to be on track for now...! I'll take another test on next Sunday to see that I've hit 3 weeks, because I'm insane! 

The Thirst! Omg, when I am at work (and to be fair, my work is at least 83 degrees whether or not I'm inside or out) I will drink at least 6 glasses of water a shift! Compared to my usual 2, this is an insane spike to me! 

I experience nausea every time I eat. I eat. I feel sick. I've had some cravings; last night it was sushi and lo mein. I didn't get to have either, I'm thinking about getting a California Roll since it's fake crab and not really raw... I've definitely had some aversions too...

Stuffy nose for sure... I work in a bar and there is smoking allowed outside at our back bar... I am NOT a smoker so the backbar has affected me since Apr 27 this year... I've been nursing a cough that has progressively gotten better... that is, until about 2 weeks ago when I woke up one morning, after a night that I didn't work, with a roaring cough and sore throat... 

My new symptom this week is lower abdominal pain (like I ran a mile and have a "stitch" in my side) and back pain/pressure. It's got me kind of concerned, but there is nothing else going on to suggest that anything is wrong, so I'm chalking it up to RLP until I have reason to think otherwise. Sheesh! I am a mess!

***July Siggy Challenge***
    Favorite Summer Time Treat: "Anything Poolside!"

IAmPregnant Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so mean to my husband. I tried to explain to him, I don't mean it but hes holding a grudge.

Thirst. Good lord am I thirsty all the time.

Also, bloated? By the end of the day I am incredibly bloated. It must be all the water I am drinking.

No sign of morning sickness yet. I never had it with DS. I was nauseous one morning last week. Hoping I dodge that one.

@jilldsoontobeg I may or may not have taken a billion tests. I took a digital yesterday and it still said 1-2 weeks so I think Ill probably buy another box just to make sure it goes up to 2-3 weeks later this week.

Me 26, Hubs 32
    Married 7.14.12
    DS 10.29.13
    BFP 06.20.16
    *It's a boy!*
    EDD 03.03.17
                                                          BabyFruit Ticker
  • I can't believe I never thought of taking the weeks estimator! I'm going to do that for sure this week and next. @skyjewell23 @scarlett830 @wirtlehm
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Um yeah...these week estimator tests weren't around for my last pregnancies so now that everyone has brought that up, I might just have to go get one of those myself!

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • My nip's are at FULL ATTENTION all the freaking time.  Didn't expect that one.
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• I am super moody. I also feel nausea already. I keep thinking it is much too early for that, but I really don't have much to gauge that off of. 
    Does anyone know how much HCG is needed for the weeks estimator to move form 1-2 weeks to 2-3? I don't want to start panicking if it doesn't move when I expect it to, but since I have a baseline for my HCG that could be helpful info. I would know when to expect it to move. This time is seriously nerve wracking!! Anyone else feeling that way?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am super moody. I also feel nausea already. I keep thinking it is much too early for that, but I really don't have much to gauge that off of. 
    Does anyone know how much HCG is needed for the weeks estimator to move form 1-2 weeks to 2-3? I don't want to start panicking if it doesn't move when I expect it to, but since I have a baseline for my HCG that could be helpful info. I would know when to expect it to move. This time is seriously nerve wracking!! Anyone else feeling that way?
    I don't really have an answer on this, my thought was that if I test every Sunday it should be different with 1 week between each testing? Idk, I'm no doctor!!!

***July Siggy Challenge***
    Favorite Summer Time Treat: "Anything Poolside!"

IAmPregnant Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Seems like a good plan. Makes sense. I got my first positive on a digital on Saturday so I will hold off until then to spare myself any second guessing. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Typically hCG levels double every 48-72 hours, taking longer to do so the further into the pregnancy you get, up to about 8-11 weeks, when the levels start tapering off. A level of less than 5mIU/ml is considered negative for pregnancy, and anything above 25mIU/ml is considered positive for pregnancy.

I found this on www.americanpregnancy.org (are we allowed to link to other websites?):

hCG levels in weeks from LMP (gestational age):

• 3 weeks LMP: 5 – 50 mIU/ml
    • 4 weeks LMP: 5 – 426 mIU/ml
    • 5 weeks LMP: 18 – 7,340 mIU/ml
    • 6 weeks LMP: 1,080 – 56,500 mIU/ml
    • 7 – 8 weeks LMP: 7, 650 – 229,000 mIU/ml
    • 9 – 12 weeks LMP: 25,700 – 288,000 mIU/ml
    • 13 – 16 weeks LMP: 13,300 – 254,000 mIU/ml
    • 17 – 24 weeks LMP: 4,060 – 165,400 mIU/ml
    • 25 – 40 weeks LMP: 3,640 – 117,000 mIU/ml
    The website does also say, however, not to put too much stock into hCG levels as healthy pregnancies can have low levels and vice versa, and that after 5-6 weeks ultrasound results are much more accurate than hCG levels.
  • MollyandDMollyandD member
    edited June 2016
    @JilldsoontobeG I have felt so tired too, but I attributed it to stress. In fact, just yesterday I posted that I wished I had pregnancy fatigue but I know it's stress fatigue. Friday, I spent 4 1/2 hours calling rehab facilities for a family member who has not been doing well since we lost our grandparents a few months ago. I finished making phone calls, and suddenly couldn't keep my eyes open. I fell hard asleep for an hour. Saturday and Sunday, I woke up and took the dogs out, then napped. I ate something, then napped again. These naps ranged from 1 to 2 hours each, which is not typical for me. I just blamed stress and my concern for my family.

Right now, I'm excited. But as the excitement is calming down, I think it's nap time. 
  • Thanks for posting that! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • kap1988kap1988 member
    edited June 2016
    The only thing I've noticed so far is surprisingly sore boobs, which I have never had even during af. Each time I cross my arms or bump something I am reminded and get all excited.

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My stomach has been in a knot all day. It is such a weird feeling. I don't even know know to describe it. Also, I have ZERO appetite today and the last couple days. Honestly, I don't think I would even eat at all if other people around me weren't telling me I really need to eat occasionally. I have been eating like once a day though. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Stomach cramps all day today, I'm hoping that it's normal symptoms. I've also been extremely hungry,  experiencing some back pains, along with tender breast. To say the least, I'm happy to be experiencing it all
  • C25C25 member
    edited June 2016
    I think my strongest symptom is my heightened sense of smell! It's crazy. I can feel tightness/cramping in my uterus throughout most of the day. Constipation too. :neutral: I am tired but with two kids I'm always tired haha. I think my sleep has been affected though for sure.

I tested every day since my BFP(June 20) until about 4 days ago. Then I tested again this morning just to make sure the line was getting darker(glad I'm not the only one!) :smile:
  • My stomach has been feeling a bit crampy-- almost like hunger pains... so hard to tell if it is all in my head though! Def getting tired-- took two naps yesterday. Yesterday I admitted to my husband I almost HOPE for some real symptoms so I feel like it's really happening.. he looked at me like I was crazy  :p
  • @eahayes I completely know you mean by hoping for some symptoms so it feels more real.  I'm grateful to be feeling so well, but also nervous since I was so sick during my last pregnancy.
  • The fatigue is becoming real, guys. Even with DS finally sleeping better this week, I'm feeling exhausted. I actually took off of work on Tuesday, dropped DS at daycare, and spent 6 glorious hours relaxing. I felt guilty doing it but I definitely needed a "Me Day."
  • @Scarlett830 right?! This morning out of nowhere I am FEELING that weight of exhaustion. Today is going to be a long day.
  • I just keep telling myself to get through today and tomorrow, and then I have that awesome 3-day weekend. I feel like Dory.

• I am feeling absolutely exhausted and slightly nauseous, though I attribute that to the progesterone I'm on following IVF. I've been testing every day since I got my BFP on Tuesday. All the lines are dark (like just slightly lighter than control line) but I don't see much of a difference between them...doesn't seem like they are getting darker. Trying to not let myself feel too crazy about it. The plus side to infertility is that I will have several betas plus an ultrasound at about 6 weeks so it will help me with the crazy.
    Me: 29 DH: 28
    Together since 2008, married Sept 2013
    ttc #1 since July 2014
    DX: unexplained infertility
    Sept, Oct, Nov Clomid 50 mg: BFN
    Feb 2016 IUI w/ 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel, Prometrium: BFN
    March 2016 IUI w/ 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel, Prometrium: BFN
    June 2016 IVF: BFP 6/28!!! beta #1: 358, beta #2: 1428, beta #3: 3742

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Spartanrd4Spartanrd4 member
    edited June 2016
    I am starting to feel more tired and my boobs are beginning to be sore. Also feeling kind of swampy down there if you know what I mean...sorry if this TMI lol!
  • I got hit last night with the worst bloating I've ever had.  I'm so glad I wear scrubs to work.  Elastic waistband pants FTW!!
    Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My boobs are so sore!!! I almost cried when I took my bra off to go to bed last night. 

Essentially, this is what I feel like has been done to me. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @meq124 I'm still BFing too. Have you noticed a supply drop at all?
  • So here's something, although I'm not sure I'd call it a symptom, more of an oddity. My underwear just doesn't feel right. I haven't gained any weight, so it's not that. It all just feels pinchy and weird and uncomfortable. /rant
  • New symptom!  I'm having this pulling, super achy sensation in my uterus.  It is not pain, just... a noticeable discomfort.  From what I'm reading on the interwebs, its "growing pains", b/c our good ol' uteri (is that a thing?) will be growing 1000x their size.  Anyone else having this?
    *TW* 

• Basically if it's not nailed down, I am likely shoveling it into my mouth quite unattractively 
  • meq124meq124 member
    @Scarlett830 I have! I pump one side once in the morning and used to get 5 oz, I got 2.5 this morning. Are you planning to stick it out through the pregnancy or wean? I want to make it to the year make then will probably wean her.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Basically if it's not nailed down, I am likely shoveling it into my mouth quite unattractively 
    My husband joked to me that I need one of those bibs that catches crumbs to wear around the house (this is after I left a trail of chocolate chip cookie crumbs down the hallway).

BabyFruit Ticker
  • meq124 said:
    @Scarlett830 I have! I pump one side once in the morning and used to get 5 oz, I got 2.5 this morning. Are you planning to stick it out through the pregnancy or wean? I want to make it to the year make then will probably wean her.
    I usually feed DS on one side in the AM, and pump the other side after I drop him at daycare. Then I pump both around noon. I used to easily get 5 oz. each time but have only been getting about 3-4 oz. per pumping session.

Part of it is hormones, I'm sure, but I know it's partly because DS is starting to rely more on table food too. He's pretty much eliminated his lunchtime bottle, and then I feed him twice between pickup and bedtime. Sometimes he wakes 1-2 times at night and wants to nurse, but it's more for comfort than actual hunger.

My plan currently is to keep nursing until he's at least a year. I didn't want to force him into weaning before he was ready, but I don't know if I can get through the whole pregnancy nursing, or if I can do tandem nursing once new baby is born. At this point I'm just playing it by ear.
  • Two words: lightning crotch
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • C25C25 member
    @jmn1985 I have the aching and pulling and "growing" pains too. Every day, but today seems to be the worst so far. It's happened every pregnancy for me. 
  • Thanks for the response @C25 This is my first pregnancy, so a symptom like that made me a bit nervous!  Glad to hear its not uncommon!
    *TW*