Baby Names

Which girl name?

HI!  New member!

DH and I have three potential girl names, and I'd love some opinions:

Penelope Juliet
Harper Juliet
Genevieve (middle name undecided) Isabel/Grace are front runners.

Re: Which girl name?

• Penelope or Genevieve.  

I've never cared for Harper, harsh and surnamey.
  • amr307amr307 member
    Penelope or Genevieve 

Suggest Genevieve Grace... made me think of Gigi for a nickname 

If we were not done having kids I would of loved using Genevieve 

• Loading the player...
  • Genevieve Isabel or Penelope Juliet
  • You've picked some good ones! I think Penelope Grace would be a good combo, but if you're set on the pairings you listed, I like Genevieve Grace followed by Harper Juliet. 
  • Harper is so trendy and dated on a girl.  

Genevieve and Penelope are both much more solid and sophisticated. Both are great

• I was kind of surprised that DH latched on to Harper; he'd said no to it before.

We had someone say something very uncomplementary about Penelope, and it included the word penis, so I'm hesitant on it.  Genevieve is the runner-up, and Harper is a very lagging 3rd place.  I actually really want Juliet for a middle name, but DH doesn't like how it sounds with Genevieve.  *sigh*. Names are hard.  
  • @mrsdudeandkids People can be so immature. There are lots of cute nicknames for Penelope like Penny and Poppy, and you can also be adamant about her being called by her name. Hopefully everybody will get the message on what to call her once you decide on a name and not be jerks about it.
  • I was kind of surprised that DH latched on to Harper; he'd said no to it before.

We had someone say something very uncomplementary about Penelope, and it included the word penis, so I'm hesitant on it.  Genevieve is the runner-up, and Harper is a very lagging 3rd place.  I actually really want Juliet for a middle name, but DH doesn't like how it sounds with Genevieve.  *sigh*. Names are hard.  
    I for the life of me can't think of what the heck they would have said about Penelope and Penis, and generally I can have the mind of a teen boy when it comes to jokes.  I think someones ignorant comment isn't worth a second thought.

• Penelope Juliet is such a beautiful name!
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Penelope is great! Don't worry about what someone said. It's a solid name. It would be on our short list but DH hates it. 

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• Penelope is my favorite from your list. I'd toss Harper.
  • Penelope Juliet is a beautiful name  with several potential NNs, like Penny, Poppy, Nell/Nellie, or even PJ if you like initials NNs. Genevieve Grace would be my second choice, and I would eliminate Harper all together as it's very trendy and dated.
  • KyleeWallerKyleeWaller member
    edited June 2016
    Of what you've listed, I like Penelope Juliet. I do, however, love the name Juliet and would use it as a first name.

ETA: Don't worry about what someone said about Penelope...I agree with PP that is is a solid choice! 
  • Im in the minority but i  cant stand penelope. i cant get over the pee

Genevieve is absolutely gorgeouds

harper isnt even in same ballpark
  • @KyleeWaller I'd use Juliet as well, but it's not too DH's taste.
  • Thanks for all the thoughts.  I think I will definitely drop Harper from its 3rd place spot and just leave Penelope and Genevieve to rest until the ultrasound.
  • I like Genevieve much more than Penelope. Penelope is "trying too hard" to me. I love Juliet for a fn too.
  • My only issue with Penelope is that it's a common dog name. 
  • @Mamabeagle Really?  That's an argument against the name I haven't heard yet.
  • My only issue with Penelope is that it's a common dog name. 
    I've never met a dog named Penelope. Maggie, Molly, and Ruby -- sure, but never Penelope.
  • Huh, never heard Penelope on any kind of pet before. It's nms, but the only ones I know of are babies.
  • @Mamabeagle Really?  That's an argument against the name I haven't heard yet.
    As soon as we named our beagle Penelope nn Penny and started going to the dog park, I quickly realized it. I still like the name but that's been my experience overwhelmingly. 
  • I know a dog named Penny!

But back to the choice, I love both Genevieve and Penelope. Couldn't get DH on board for either!! 
  • Penelope and Genevieve are both great.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • You all have been really helpful!  Definitely leaning towards Genevieve Isabel.