October 2016 Moms

Weekly Randoms 6.27.2016

Re: Weekly Randoms 6.27.2016

• Piperella said:
    Today is a "I just can't even" day at work, but could you shopping mamas either restart or rekindle or something with deals and steals?  Don't make me go to some other bmb page to find them!  Thank you kindly in advance.  I will enjoy going through stuff when I get home.
    I tried finding that page that had unofficially started a while ago in our BMB but couldn't. Anyone else find it or should we just start a new one?
  • Loading the player...
  • @MRSCORKER that is our plan too! I want to try to re- make a piñata shirt I made for cinco de mayo so we're themed. Obviously I'll need to make the shirt before Ella comes 
  • mrszoess said:

free burrito? sold. I am actually having a local burrito chain cater my shower, the cravings are that serious.

youre all invited also.

STUCK IN THE BOX

How weirded out would you be if somehow we all DID miraculously manage to attend?

• @mrszoess @AllyTheKid It would obviously be the BEST shower ever. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Piperella said:
    Today is a "I just can't even" day at work, but could you shopping mamas either restart or rekindle or something with deals and steals?  Don't make me go to some other bmb page to find them!  Thank you kindly in advance.  I will enjoy going through stuff when I get home.
    I tried finding that page that had unofficially started a while ago in our BMB but couldn't. Anyone else find it or should we just start a new one?
    Let's start a new one!  
  • lol you are welcome! I know the only semi local are @lmnobaby and @uponastar16 lol

can you stack coupons and sales and the opening a credit discount at babies r us 
  • It would be nice if we could have a giant shower aka bitchfest/happiness/confession/bump day party for ourselves. 

I knew new chipotle used to do the burrito thing because I vaguely remember my college roommate and I wrapping ourselves in cheap aluminum foil one Halloween to get it. A baby would be much easier to wrap...although I wonder if they would give us and SOs each a free burrito for just one baby burrito? I mean, it kinda is like both of us dressing up (a part of) ourselves? Greedy I know I know, but, I feel like both parents should get a free meal at least once shortly after their baby's birth. Last time I checked, the Chipotle Halloween thing changed to something like...dress like a burrito and some other modification (I forget what specifically but I want to say nontraditional use of a costume accessory?), so I was lazy and opted out.

@mrszoess that's awesome about your burrito catering!
  • I have thought about the halloween thing and not entirely decided. Probably it will end up being something like a Princess Leia buns crocheted cap and a white swaddle or gown.

• My EDD is 10/3, so I'll have almost a full month of halloween costume fun. I have a couple friends who have decided all that they are getting me for my shower are halloween outfits so he can wear several leading up to the day lol. 

One of my fav summer guilty pleasure shows just started up (Big Brother) and I just realized that by the time the finale comes around I will either be super ready to pop or will have had this baby. GAH! So close yet so far! 
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18

• Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • someone helpppp me figure out babies r us coupon stack :( 

and omg @nlane0723 that is adorable!!!! my mom themed t for whales bc we have a huge whale on our house...it's a long story lol

• @mrszoess ... What is this coupon stack you speak of?
  • @annabenanna See what's happening here? She changed her mind and doesn't want to share her burritos so she's ignoring us!
  • @bnsmith85 I'm trying to find out if I can stack buy buy baby coupons on top of a sale with the 15%off for opening a credit card lol
  • You are our queen of deals :)@mrszoess
  • @mrszoess I don't know about opening a credit card, but you can't use Buy Buy Baby or Bed Bath & Beyond coupons on sale items at Babies R Us. 

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• whaaaaaaaaaaat @krzyriver????? lol
  • I'm good w
    deals until I'm confused lol. did I tell U about my uppababy vista for 100? lol
  • @mrszoess I know, it's super frustrating! Every time I go to use one of my 20% off coupons that's about to expire, the thing I'm planning to buy goes on sale! So then I have to scramble to find something else to get because I can't NOT use it. Lol

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• @mrszoess 100??? Aren't those things like $1000?!?!

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• yes. this one is a 2009. obviously has a stain on the seat (oxy clean to the rescue) and a tiny hole in the basket underneath. otherwise perfect and beautiful. the girl who sold it to me is due w her second in October and she is LOVELY. God bless Facebook yard sale groups!!!! 
  • @mrszoess That's crazy! And here my mom and I were all excited about a Graco click connect car seat base and stroller for $25 at the mom 2 mom sale. Clearly I need to find these FB groups. Lol. She didn't want to keep it for her second baby??

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• she wanted a double, I guess adding a rumble seat wasn't in the cards. 25 is an amazing price for a graco!!! this just fell into my lap. Violet is going to be a diva on the cheap LOL
  • @Schell2013 It looks beautiful. My husband and I also have cheap furniture finds we've said we'll refinish...that are not yet refinished. That dresser looks really lovely, though!
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You guys it is 7 am and now I am dying for a burrito. I think I know what's for dinner tonight!

Since this LO's due date is so late (28th) I think I'll just knit a little pumpkin hat for her for Halloween :) I don't think I'll venture out with her, so DH will be on trick or treat duty with DD1 this year. The candy tax will be in full effect though!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • @Schell2013 beautiful!! Great job!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @SuperNerd42 (and other second-time-moms), at what age did your kid start trick-or-treating?  My son will be 2 1/2 this Halloween and I'm wondering if we should wait another year.  We try to avoid giving him candy (he gets treats, but we try to give him stuff that isn't as processed like homemade desserts or cupcakes from the cupcake bakery), and he's probably not going to remember this year anyway, but I don't want him to miss out on a time-honored tradition.  Thoughts?
  • I found a Ninja Turtle set at a second hand store for like $6 we're going to use for Halloween. It's a costume-type shirt with the design of the turtle chest and then pants with Ninja Turtle feet. We might do a bandana on his head if I think he'll keep it there, lol (DD HATED headbands and hats of any kind).

If it's cold this year, we'll layer underneath. If its a warmer Halloween, we'll just use it as a single layer, or a short sleeve onsie painted up or something. It's Northwest Ohio, the weather is so volatile that time of year I never have any idea what it's going to do until we get like a week before lol.
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • @rozANDbenSINCE2001 You guys are adorable!  Your daughter is super cute!  I really love Halloween, too and I like dressing up my son.  We usually just go to a friend's Halloween party to show off, but I know of a few neighborhood business trick-or-treat events, so I think we'll probably do that instead of going door to door.  Thanks for reminding me of that option!

Oh, and another random - speaking of sales, Loft.com is having a sale right now - 50% off everything and free shipping.  They've got some cute maternity clothes on their site.
  • @ignoscemihi The Loft is my go-to for non-maternity clothes. It's basically my whole wardrobe. **runs off to spend money**

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @ignoscemihi... whaaat?! Loft has maternity?! 
  • bnsmith85 said:
    @ignoscemihi... whaaat?! Loft has maternity?! 
    I'm not impressed with their selection which makes me sad. Everything is very flowy which makes me look like an actual circus tent. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @annabenanna See what's happening here? She changed her mind and doesn't want to share her burritos so she's ignoring us!
    LOL, so true @AllyTheKid!  Fine @mrszoess, we won't crash your burrito party!