November 2016 Moms

Do you have a registry?

shevaCCshevaCC member
edited June 2016 in November 2016 Moms
Have you started a registry yet? Finished it? Still contemplating?

Do you have a registry? 130 votes

Registry is done!
13% 17 votes
Registry in progress...
40% 53 votes
Not started yet, but plan to
20% 27 votes
Not going to register
13% 17 votes
Just looking for a coupon
10% 13 votes
Special registry-flake
2% 3 votes

Re: Do you have a registry?

• I don't think I need anything this time so I don't think I'm going to register. Last time I did it just for the completion coupon but never ended up using it, so this time I think I'm skipping it all together. 
  • I have a registry everywhere but only for myself-no shower for me but i want the completion discount. About to use my amazon one! I set the due date to august so i can already use it
  • Loading the player...
  • loko08loko08 member
    I have one - I just did it online. I plan on going in to the store this weekend with H to make sure I actually registered for stuff we want/like... and I'll probably add more. Our shower is in August, so excited! 
    <BabyFetus Ticker >
  • I told DH since he wanted this baby he should probably start a registry since I refuse to do it. I don't know if he has.
  • Everything @Seattleite86 said is the same for me.  I even also faked my due date to August so I could get the discount early... haha
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • No registry this time because it's babe #2. I did have a store registry last time.
  • I don't have anything but because I've had 3 showers I refuse to have a 4th! I feel very uncomfortable having another one but I might register to get a discount on things that's a good idea. 
  • I have registered for stuff because it's nice to have a list of what we need and also because I look forward to the completion discount. Also, BRU gives 10% back for stuff purchased on your registry and I am really excited about that!

DD: 8/20/14; DS: 11/13/16; DD: 5/3/19; DD: 8/31/21; Baby #5 (team green) due 3/24/24

• fiscally3fiscally3 member
    edited June 2016
    I always do a registry, mostly for the discounts, last time I got a $20 gift card from Target for registering, and i just got my Amazon welcome box which had some nice samples. 

It does help family who want to get a gift get you something you need, so you don't end up with too much clutter. Also since this baby is so close to Christmas, I'm sure it will make an easy transition to an Amazon wish list for people who like lists. 
  • ficbotficbot member
    I learned from my wedding that my mother has a lot of friends and she has bought for all of their kids and grandkids :-) So whether I want stuff or not, many of these total strangers are going to buy it for me. So I am going to register. At least that way, I can get useful things :-)
  • I've started a registry at babies r us and will probably end up with another one at target or Amazon. I've only put a few things on it but I'm ready to really start researching and narrowing things down. 
  • We were buying the dresser to match our older daughter's, so we started a registry at BRU to get 10% back on that an the couple other things we need. + the coupon when it comes.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I started an amazon registry today. Partially b/c I heard there was a cool welcome package and I think a completion discount. But I also wanted a place to save everything in one big list so I don't forget anything we need. We won't need too much this time around.

I'm not sure if I will have a shower/sprinkle or not if not I wont be offended. So I may or may not be sharing the registry depending on if anyone asks.

• ZoeFerZoeFer member
    I am FTM and started a registry on Amazon. I do not have family in the states but few girl friends are very excited to throw a baby shower for me so I am trying to pick some items. It is still private but few people had started to ask the link already. I will try to complete the registry in a month or so.
  • I registered at Amazon (partial for now) and will do Buy Buy Baby in store in a few weeks (so I can test out strollers and also get the welcome bag which you don't get online). I also registered at PB Kids but that's mostly furniture which our parents are buying. I really just wanted the completion discount, plus it's easier to send SO's mom the link since she lives out of state. I wanted to make sure there was an in store option for people who like to pick stuff out (BBB) and Amazon as well since almost everyone I know has Prime.

Side note: I don't have Prime (I use my aunt's account), so does that mean that I have to set up my registry on her account in order to get the welcome package? If so, is it worth it? If not, no sense switching the registry...
  • @ash111916 I borrowed a good friends Prime account bc I wanted all the free shipping.  Now it looks like she and I are having the baby, it makes me chuckle.  
  • Thanks @msu_gal. Is that just free shipping for you? Or for people who buy off your registry? I can still use my aunt's for my own purchases, although I guess if I buy stuff off my own registry towards the end then I would need to use mine. I will probably just end up paying for Prime and dealing with it.
  • @ash111916 oh, I actually have no idea if other people get the free shipping too.  I'm not sharing my registry publicly.  I set it up just for the completion discount.  And it's a good way to keep track of everything I need to buy.  I'm going to go in and buy it in one fell swoop closer to baby time. 
  • I have one at BRU and BBB might tag a few things on at Target too. I'm NOT a huge fan of online shopping so I probably won't do Amazon or anything that way. 
  • Bbb, kohls and bru. Since this is our first we need everything. They were done at 12 weeks. I like to be on top of things... but I've noticed some stuff has been discontinued since then so I've been monitoring and replacing items. Since were in an apartment through baby's first year, I'm trying to keep it to necessities but everything looks so darn cute...
  • @ash111916i think the amazon registry is the best out of all ot them. Even before completion discounts amazon has the best prices. If your aunt is fine with you using her prime then go for it (if others buy they will have to have their own prime for prime shipping.) But doing it just for the welcome box isnt worth it--its virtually the exact same as the one from target so just pick one up at target instead! If you buy a lot of things on amazon, watch tv/movies available on Prime all year then getting your own Prime is worth it. 
  • I started one at babylist and amazon just to keep track of products that I heard were good, haven't actually shared with anyone yet. I would like to just keep that but I think people will get confused with babylist, so I'll probably start one at BBB as well since 20% off coupons are always easy to come by. I might start one at Target for some free goodies, but really the only things I'm interested in getting there are only available online anyway, and probably cheaper on amazon, so what's the point. Will probably do BBB and Amazon as our official registries. Amazon makes things easy for friends and family that are out of town.

BFP #1 10/30/15 MMC found 11/30/15 D&C 12/11/15 EDD 7/9/16
    BFP #2  3/21/16    Nora Mae born 12/6/16
    BFP #3 11/27/20    EDD 8/6/21
    healing comes in waves, and maybe today the wave hits the rocks and that’s ok, that’s ok, darling. you are still healing, you are still healing- Ijeoma Umebinyuo, be gentle with yourself

• I started one on amazon but it is still private and in progress.  I am going to make one at target too.  I live in a small town so our baby section at target is not very big, so I am going to find time to go into a bigger city so I can actually look at stuff and make the registry in store.  My showers are not until end of August early September so I have time.