October 2016 Moms

Weekly Randoms 6.27.2016

Re: Weekly Randoms 6.27.2016

• Loading the player...
  • @annabenanna - Those are too cute! I have an unhealthy obsession with chambray. Baby girl may or may not already have 10 or more chambray tops, bubbles, rompers, etc. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @CopperBoom86, girl me too!  I love chambray!  I saw so many cute chambray dresses on Zulily a week or so ago.  If I was having a baby girl, i'd buy them all!  And the chambray stuff with polka dots on them?!?!?!  Or ruffles????  Swooooooooon.  
  • @CopperBoom86 @annabenanna I think I'm glad I'm having a boy. I think I would be broke if I was having a girl. There's way too many cute girl clothes!

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• #chambrayallday

DD and I have matching chambray outfits. 

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • OMG @CopperBoom86 that third ROMPER!  Can I supersize it to my size?  LOL.  All of these are so darn cute!  I'm dying!
  • @annabenanna Ah! You're kinda evil!  :p We're leaving for our vacation Friday so I'm tryiing to be good, but yes!!!! So. Many. Sales. Uggggggh... And I want to start buying some stuff but my MIL is coming to housesit and she's very nosy...We haven't actually told anyone the sex yet so I know she will snoop! Let me live vicariously through you! What'd ya get?! 

Edited to add: Zulily is having a pretty great sale on baby gear! The PUJ bathtub set is usually $75, but on sale for $49.99. The PUJ was my favorite tub for bathing newborn DD. 
    Who is the evil one now @rozANDbenSINCE2001???  I'm off to Zulily to see what this PUJ bathtub is all about. :)
  • Didn't want to start a new thread, but hoping for a little advice...  I was approached on LinkedIn about a possible new job opportunity a few weeks ago. Very similar to what I currently do (boring desk work in a corporate/office setting), but I've been itching to get out of my current job for something where I can grow a little more (aka make a little more $$)... Anyway, I replied that I was interested, but only if the salary was a certain amount over what I make now (doesn't make sense to move right now for the same salary).  At first, the contact said it was more than the company was looking to do, so I said thanks and moved on.  But, now, the contact is saying they've upped their salary cap and wants to talk to me more about the job tomorrow... Do I tell her I'm pregnant??  Or do I take the call, see how it goes, THEN mention it?  I think she's more of a recruiter for the company, so it would probably be an intro call to learn my background, experience, etc. to see if an interview should be scheduled. I mean, I'd have to say something before any type of interview - there's no hiding the bump now.  I just don't know if I should be totally up front even before the "feel out" call or if I should wait and see a bit...
  • @LMNOBaby, how bad do you want this job?  Do you like the company, their culture, etc?  Because if you're thinking "whether i get this or not, no biggie"....I'd give the recruiter a heads up and tell her you're pregnant.  

If you want it, I would say, don't even mention it to the recruiter, but maybe wait to score a phone interview with the actual company, and then mention it to them.  

Because I'm thinking the recruiter might just say no right away upon learning you're pregnant... I dunno.  This is  a tough one!
  • @annabenanna I actually don't know anything about the company yet, I think that's what we'll get into tomorrow.  Which is why I was thinking I'd at least take the call with the recruiter - because if the location is further than I currently commute to, or it's a company I don't see myself growing with, I'd bow out right then. 

I feel like the recruiter would just bail upon learning I'm pregnant, too, likely able to blame it on my skills not being a right fit or something.  *sigh*  I WANT a new job, but I wasn't counting on something like this happening now! Life seriously likes to throw you curveballs.
  • @LMNOBaby I wouldn't say anything right now. You aren't legally obligated to disclose your pregnancy. I would make sure of their leave, PTO, STD, etc. policy though. You wouldn't want to take a new job and then find out you aren't eligable for any paid maternity leave or benefits. If it were me, I'd find out more, maybe take a phone interview and ask all of my questions and then if I decided it was something I was interested in, I would go for the in person interview and and say "Hey, obvoiusly I'm KU. Hope that's not a problem!" 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• CopperBoom86CopperBoom86 member
    edited June 2016
    I wouldn't mention it yet, @LMNOBaby. You don't even know if the job is a good fit for you, or you for it, yet. I would feel it out first and tell them if they seem interested in offering you the position. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Agree with everyone, @LMNOBaby, don't mention it yet... Get a feel for the company.  Good luck girl!  
  • omg @annabenanna of course the one day I was actually working you post sales! I have 20 min before I run out in the field again so im gonna finish these cheese fries (I cant even explain how delicious) and shop!!!!
  • Am I the only person NOT buying baby clothes? I put a few on the registry (I know some advise not to register for clothes, but I wanted people to see my taste) and I figure I'll see what I get at the shower. I just don't know what size the baby's going to be - and I figure it won't be that size for long, anyway.

• Take the call, but don't mention anything about your pregnancy. Never hurts to hear about a new opportunity.

TTC since 2011
  • Am I the only person NOT buying baby clothes? I put a few on the registry (I know some advise not to register for clothes, but I wanted people to see my taste) and I figure I'll see what I get at the shower. I just don't know what size the baby's going to be - and I figure it won't be that size for long, anyway.
    I'm a self-proclaimed baby clothing hoarder. I've probably spent more on DD's clothes and shoes in her two years of life than I've spent on my own wardrobe for the last 5 years. It's really important to have options. Haha.

That being said, I haven't bought nearly as much for the twins. I probably have a bin on two. Mostly because I have no idea when they will be born and how big they will be. DD was in preemie for a month and newborn until she was around 4 months. My nephew is in 6 months and he is three months old. 

TTC since 2011
  • RainMira9e  I haven't bought much either. I'm waiting to see what we get gifted and what we actually need. I did buy a couple cute/costumey onesies for H for father's day, but that was really it. I feel like I should be more excited about all the cute little man clothes, but I'm just not yet! =/ 
    I've only bought clothes on clearance or from yard sales so far. I won't buy anything too pricey until she's actually here. 

On registering for clothes- I did, too, and for the same reason. I don't care for the color pink, so I registered for some purple, teal, green, yellow stuff. I know I'll still get pink stuff, but hopefully some will get the hint and go for other colors instead :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks ladies!  I was leaning that way - helps to have a little back up for reassurance I'm doing the right thing though. :)

And, @rainmira9e - I haven't bought a single baby thing, let alone outfit!  I'm kind of itching to, but I just can't pull the trigger yet... Plus, we're Team Green, so I feel if I buy something boy-related, it will be a girl or the other way around.  And, I figured I'd wait to see what we got at the shower before we bought baby "stuff."  So you're not alone!! 

Pretty sure my mother has a wardrobe for either sex for at least the first year of their life anyway...so I'm not too worried (it's her first grandbaby ;)).
  • nlane0723nlane0723 member
    edited June 2016
    Accurate.

TTC since 2011
    I've bought a pack of cute long sleeved onesies and an outfit for a sip n see, but that's it. I look at the clothes all the time, but I have several showers where I'm sure I'll get overloaded with clothes, so I keep trying to remind myself of that. I am trying to keep my baby buying sprees nursery related. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @RainMira9e and @scostel2, I wish I had your sensibility!  While I haven't bought a lot of NB clothes, I have a few 3M and 6M stocked up.  Like @CopperBoom86, I've been buying stuff on sale/clearance as well.  But I just feel like, I'd rather buy now while I'm not on ML (getting only 60% of my paycheck)... also when this baby starts daycare in January, funds will even be tighter then. :/ 
  • My husband and I have been buying clothes for years. Mostly sale items and they're mostly 6 month or bigger. We can't help it. If we get too many clothes at our shower, I'm just going to return them for credit so I can buy other things j need. Lol.

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• FFWC... this girl didn't know what the hell chambray was until I caught up on this post lol... I love it all though :)
  • krzyriver said:
    My husband and I have been buying clothes for years. Mostly sale items and they're mostly 6 month or bigger. We can't help it. If we get too many clothes at our shower, I'm just going to return them for credit so I can buy other things j need. Lol.
    I plan on doing A LOT of this. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • krzyriver said:
    My husband and I have been buying clothes for years. Mostly sale items and they're mostly 6 month or bigger. We can't help it. If we get too many clothes at our shower, I'm just going to return them for credit so I can buy other things j need. Lol.
    I plan on doing A LOT of this. 
    I'll probably have to because everything will say Mommy's Little Prince on it. @CopperBoom86
  • @annabenanna I don't think it's sensibility necessarily. I think part of it is also that I am super lucky to have 3 nephews so I know my little dude is going to be swimming in hand me downs so I plan to do some serious "shopping" in the bins of stuff my brother and sister in law have been saving for us. If I were having a girl (we have none in my family) I'd be stocking up! 
  • emmaaaemmaaa member
    DH and I have bought a total of two outfits. But, MIL and SIL and my mom have bought tons. I want to get some plain onesies and a cute outfit to come home and that's about it for now
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• mrszoess said:
    omg @annabenanna of course the one day I was actually working you post sales! I have 20 min before I run out in the field again so im gonna finish these cheese fries (I cant even explain how delicious) and shop!!!!
    hahaha @mrszoess  so great
  • Today is a "I just can't even" day at work, but could you shopping mamas either restart or rekindle or something with deals and steals?  Don't make me go to some other bmb page to find them!  Thank you kindly in advance.  I will enjoy going through stuff when I get home.
  • I'm late, but...

@AllyTheKid - I can't say whether a hospital rental is more comfortable than a manual b/c I've never used a manual. In fact, hospital pumps are very powerful, and can have the potential to be less comfortable than lesser pumps. However I found that depending on whether or not I was paying good attention to my comfort level (sometimes easy to ignore when pumping 6-8x/day) then ANY pump can be comfortable or uncomfortable. I would use coconut oil on the inside of the flanges when I was having tender days - it always worked to heal me up.

@LMNOBaby - just echoing what others have already said - definitely DON'T tell potential employers you are pregnant, unless you really are leaning towards not wanting the job and/or just don't care either way (though I would still not tell on principle). This is the kind of thing you disclose only after you are offered a job. It may sound shady (it isn't) but it's up to you to look out for you and your family, and they will need to suck it up.

• Warning: Major Whine Ahead.

I don't know what to have for dinner before birth class tonight  :( and DH is missing this first one because he's out of town for work. Wahhhhh. 
  • @CopperBoom86 My friend in the neighborhood is throwing a Halloween party and is insisting we stop by since its down the street. I don't know how well a 2-3 week old baby is going to fit in a purchased costume, so I think I'm going to find an orange onesie and make it says This Is My Baby Costume. I saw one on Zulily but it's easy enough to make!  We will aim for a cuter costume next year! 
  • @MRSCORKER - Ahhh! I didn't even know about the free burrito! That's awesome. And it looks like it'll be super easy to make. A tan swaddling blanket, felt veggies, and some tinfoil and you're done! 
    Pregnancy Ticker