January 2017 Moms

First official purchase for new baby!

I don't know if links are allowed so I'll just tell you, if you go to Amazon.com and search Baby Kick Piano mat it should come up! Regularly $49 but on sale for $0! No, that's not a typo! Zero! Just pay shipping which was like $6.50! 

I was way excited to get something for this baby! :smile:
BabyGaga
DS1 - 03/31/2006
DS2 - 12/31/2008
DS3 - 06/26/2012
DS4 - 08/07/2014

Re: First official purchase for new baby!

• Loading the player...
  • Whhhat!? I just looked it up. Is there a catch to this?
  • I bought one too! Thanks!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • canavaracanavara member
    edited June 2016
    I just looked up the seller that is offering it (some company called Short-form videos) and they have a very low rating (22% positive in the past year). A lot of people saying they paid shipping and never received anything... 

https://www.amazon.com/sp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B00F2MQDU2&isAmazonFulfilled=0&isCBA=&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&orderID=&seller=A332CJJO6KQLT7&tab=&vasStoreID=

It says "Fisher Price" when you go to the product listing, but it's not actually sold through Fisher Price. If you look around at their storefront, you'll see they have a bunch of other products available for the same $0 price with just shipping. Some of them are things that ordinarily would be expensive (fitness watches, a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro, etc.)

I'd suggest if you already made a purchase that you request a cancellation :(

pinging @mommywesley because it looks like you probably already did
  • Thanks for looking into it more @canavara!
    DS1: 9/29/12
    DS2: 11/5/14
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • ThePax89ThePax89 member
    edited June 2016
    I just bought a kick n play from a bst for $5. It's an item I always wanted for my daughter, but never bought. For $5 I figured I could try it. 

• It looks like enough people reported that $0 listing as a scam that Amazon took it down, phew. Hopefully everyone that paid for shipping gets their money back!
  • @canavara boooooo lol I usually check those things first, oh well I got excited and jumped the gun! Thanks for letting us all know! 
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
  • I haven't purchased anything yet. This is our 2nd and we want to wait and find out if its a boy or girl before we decide if we need to get anything. I'm still on the fence about making a registry. Any thoughts? We are kind of thinking to tell all to just purchase diapers, wipes and gift cards to stores.
  • Waiting to find out if it's a boy or a girl, but the first purchase I plan to make is new car seat cover and straps. The last ones got moldy in storage.
  • @shayc926 it's my 2nd too and I'm like what might I want to put on a registry.... I know I'm going to need things! I know I'll need more blankets bc dd#1 loves blankets and I don't have the heart to take any of hers for the new baby. She still cuddles with her swaddles all the time. And then I'm like at least bedding I'll want a new set for the new baby....  Teethers,... binkies....  
  • sagoonsagoon member
    @ShayC926 this is my second as well.  I made an Amazon registry, but it is private for now, and is mostly just a list of stuff we will need.  We kept most of our baby gear from #1 but there is still some stuff we will want to buy new: new crib sheets, blankets, clothes, a swing, a sit-and-stand stroller, new car-seats (because of course our old ones expire in March 2017), new pacifiers, new nipples for our bottles, etc.  If people ask later in the pregnancy I may share the registry but for now it's just a to do list.

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @TinaBelcher I would love this photo twice if I could.

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • cjs260cjs260 member
    @TinaBelcher Please take all my love-tits. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• Do maternity clothes count? Yesterday caught the end of 40% off sale at old navy so I grabbed a pair of jeans and a couple of basic tops. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• I paid to secure a spot at a daycare center. Does that count?
  • emcollins3emcollins3 member
    edited June 2016
    I fell in love with the gender neutral Peter Rabbit bedding on Pottery Barn Kids three years ago when my SIL registered there, and I had it saved on my "Future Baby" pinterest board. Of course they just started discontinuing it! So just last week I purchased a brand new sheet still in packaging via Ebay and the crib skirt from PB on close out. Just got both in the mail and it is surreal! <3
    Erin - Boston, MA 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Vivi20Vivi20 member
    We're waiting till we find out if the baby is a boy or girl before we buy anything. I did start an amazon registry that's private, but I'm using it as a shopping list of sorts for my husband and I. I have two sets of almost everything on it: one for boy, one for girl. Once we know, that's when the shopping sprees begin! I requesting no baby shower this time around, and I won't be sharing the registry with anyone unless they specifically ask for it.
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSave
  • I bought some newborn diapers because they were on a really good sale.....even though we cloth diaper 90% of the time, I was just excited I think.   They are SO SMALL compared to my daughter's diapers that I started crying.  I'm very emotional! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We went on a gap haul a few weeks ago. Bought lots of eensy weensy babe clothing. 
  • BrialaBriala member
    I got a wrap on the way that will be perfect for a newborn I can't wait. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Me: 26 DH: 29 Married 8/4/2012
    BFP #1 8/20/2013 | EDD 5/4/2014 | MMC 10/2/2013 9w3d | D&C 10/8/2013
    BFP #2 2/8/2014 (kinda) EDD 10/29/2014
     | DS Born 10/8/2014 
    TTCAL 11/2015 BFP #3 5/12/16 | EDD Jan 2017
  • I have a lot of friends having babies so I've been shopping from registries a lot lately. I did a welcome wagon full of clothes and diapers, etc for my friend's shower. When the delivery came, I realized that I bought 2 sets of the gender neutral onesies she registered for so..... I kept a set! I guess that counts as a purchase :) So weird to think that it will be for MY actual baby!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Haha.  Last baby, we were out of town and stopped by a Hawks store while in a mall and purchased a Seahawks onesie and booties (and a jersey that fit my prego belly).  Didn't realize until we had it home that they were our first purchases.  We aren't crazy fans but we like the team.  The Hawks won the super bowl that year. ;)
    BabyName Ticker
  • I bought a blanket and stuffed animal yesterday from Little Giraffe and swaddle blankets from Little Unicorn today. So excited!
  • I got a wrap from snagshout. 
  • Wholesome said:
    Haha.  Last baby, we were out of town and stopped by a Hawks store while in a mall and purchased a Seahawks onesie and booties (and a jersey that fit my prego belly).  Didn't realize until we had it home that they were our first purchases.  We aren't crazy fans but we like the team.  The Hawks won the super bowl that year. ;)
    You are no longer allowed to buy that again. But by all means please by your new baby a green bay packers onsie (for good luck this next season)
  • ^ I think you meant bears. 
  • ThePax89 said:
    ^ I think you meant bears. 
    ^I knew I liked you for some reason ;-)
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Haven't bought anything yet, but I did walk through the baby section at Target for the first time today :) 
  • We put together our Amazon registry this weekend. If you complete it, they send you a free gift pack (it's just a bunch of samples of various baby products, some pacifiers, and a few other small things--definitely not worth $35 and I really hope no one is actually buying that box lol) and then you get a completion discount of 15% on a bunch of different items as you get closer to due date (I think it's 2 months before due date because mine starts applying November 1st?).

It was really hard to not just buy everything now. Ended up getting a Moby wrap, some nursing bras, and some organizing stuff so that we'll have a place to put baby clothes and other things as we acquire them since we don't have a house or nursery-to-be yet.
  • Although this is number 5 for us, we had sold/given away most of our gear.  Luckily we still have our carseat from Number 4 that is in great shape and still within expiration so we won't need to buy another one.  I did make one baby purchase of a new rock and play because it was on clearance at Target and baby will be in our room for probably at least the first 6 months.  
    BFP #1 1/19/09 EDD: 9/29/09 Caiden arrived 9/20/09
    BFP #2 4/1/10 EDD: 12/7/10 Ethan surprised us on 11/19/10
    BFP # 3 EDD :10/24/12 Rylan was born 10/17/12
    BFP #4 4/13/14 EDD:12/22/14  Nolan made his entrance on 12/15/2014
    BFP#5 5/22/17 EDD:1/27/17  It's a GIRL!!!!