September 2016 Moms
Options

95th Percentile - anyone else??

Hey All -

I know I haven't been very active since the beginning of this pregnancy, I have just been so crazy busy with work and home life. Since around 24 weeks, LO has been in the 95th percentile for size, verified by u/s. Each OB visit, they measure my belly, and it's always crazy high. Yesterday, at 29 weeks, I was 36cm. They have me scheduled for an u/s next week to check things out. They had me do the 3 hour glucose test early, and I passed, but are having me repeat it at 32 weeks. With my daughter, I never had this size issue, so this part is all new to me. I'm not super concerned, just more so curious if anyone else has experienced this with either this pregnancy or a previous one??
BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 95th Percentile - anyone else??

• Options
    I honestly put very littlie weight on belly measurements during pregnancy. I was measuring around 34w at my 40w appointment with DS1 and he was 8lb13oz. DS2 measured 39w and was 9lb. Actual growth scans are more accurate, but I even think those have a pretty big +/- range. It doesn't take much to go from 95% to 50% to 10% when babies are this size.
  • Options
    ab920ab920 member
    My fundal height has been 2 weeks big from the beginning and baby measures in the 95%. My doctor told me that some people just produce big babies and it's not necessarily an indication of bad habits, earlier due date, etc. As long as your levels and weight are good, he said there're no worries.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Keep in mind, someone has to be at the top for the percentile to exist. It sounds like they're being cautious with checking again for GD but, even if you don't have it, some women just have big babies and some babies go through considerable growth spurts--and some babies are just bigger, period. I'd take it easy.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    My guess is that about 5% are measuring with you in the 95th percentile. lol. That's what that means! 

If your doctor isn't concerned, then you don't have to be! Some babies are just big.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Both DS1 and now this baby are 95th percentile, and in some measurements they have been over 95 percentile. I don't have GD now, and didn't with my son. DS1 still measures top of all growth charts at 2.5 yrs old, and he has to wear hats made for older kids to fit his giant head. I think some babies are just bigger than others! Probably just genetics. 
  • Options
    My baby is in the 90th percentile!  I am all baby is what everyone keeps telling me. My husband is a foot taller than me and was a very long baby at birth. I am petite so doctor said with genetics the baby is more than likely taking after my husband right now.

Me:24 ~~~~~ DH:26

High school Sweethearts 03/29/07

Engaged 11/29/2009

Married 09/04/2012

TTC#1-06/01/2015

BFP 12/27/2015 EDD 9/8/2016

It's a BOY!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My bump was 35cm (at 27.5 weeks) at my last appointment so I think that puts me in the 95% too.  I have big babies and my previous OB always was worried that I had GD even though I passed every test.  I think my family also has a lot of amniotic fluid.  I'm not worried but my bump feels huge at this point and I am starting to have back and nerve pain.

DS was 9lbs-6oz at 39weeks (born via c-section since he was breech and big)
    DD was 8lbs-4oz at 40weeks (born via c-section since I was too nervous about having a 10lb baby after my son and they will not induce for a VBAC)
    **I never dilated or had real contractions with either pregnancy, just tons of Braxton Hicks.  Also, my kids are now normal and skinny like their dad.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Both of my babies are measuring in the 90th percentile and weigh over 3 lbs.  The ultrasound tech asked me twice if I have GD!  But even their femur bones are measuring weeks ahead.  My perinatologist was like, "Wow!  You are growing some big babies!"  As a result of them being big and the fact that there are twins, I am measuring 44 weeks!!!!
  • Options
    Wow! Similar situation happened to me. I went in for a f/u to the anatomy scan, and I was asked three separate times if I had my GD test, and if I was scheduled for the 1hour or 3hour. I was like, OK what's going on in there?? lol. So far I've only had my fundal height measured in the office since then, but they are sending me for another u/s this week to check it out again. I feel so huge this time around compared to when I was pregnant with my daughter.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    My fundal height this pregnancy has been measuring bigger than what baby is. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg
  • Options
    No one ever mentioned a big baby to me during my first pregnancy and then she arrived in her 9 pound 11oz glory.  
    DD1 6.2011 
    DD2 4.2013 - vbac
    DS1 9.2016 - vbac, team green
    Baby #4 due 9.2018
  • Options
    crispy11 said:
    No one ever mentioned a big baby to me during my first pregnancy and then she arrived in her 9 pound 11oz glory.  
    Yikes!  You win!  DS was 9lb 1oz and I thought that was big!