October 2016 Moms

Weekly Randoms 6.27.2016

Re: Weekly Randoms 6.27.2016

• @annabenanna I'm now picturing myself doing that and I swear I would only have like 10 pee drops inside the cup and the rest all over the floor.... I always end up peeing my hand, but I have had only 2 tests...
  • @michil382 - I'm obsessed with Kind cinnamon cluster granola. Mmm in yogurt with berries. I have it almost daily. 

@MRSCORKER- with DS I used my hsa to get a PISA in 3rd tri- but my insurance didn't allow a pump until after birth. Most insurance will cover hospital pump rentals, and I had an LC get me an Rx for one when I was still in the hospital. I'm glad I went that option because I ended up mostly EPing for 13 months- so it was great to have the big clunky (powerful) rental at home, and the PISA for work and travel. I can't recommend hospital grade pumps enough. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kmolleltz I think I remember you saying you use a full squat potty. Do you give urine samples at your dr and do they have a regular potty or a squat?

SO and I have been together: 5 Years+
    BFP: 03/10
    First Baby: 10/20/2016
  • @NoraAurora Are the big rentals more comfortable than the smaller ones? I had a small electric one with DD and I found it to be stronger and more comfortable than the hand pump I used with LO, I am definitely thinking about renting if it makes much of a difference.
  • I just wish I looked obviously pregnant at this point!  I thought at 5 feet tall that there would be nowhere for the belly to go but out, but apparently I'm chunky enough that I can gain belly girth and still just look fat.  I'm getting cranky because I've noticed several people looking at me and obviously having the "is she or isn't she" internal dialogue in their heads.  My temper is such these days that I just want to scream at them "I'M PREGNANT BUGGER OFF!!!!!"  I figure I'm going to have to totally pop at some point, but I'm not quite there yet.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DH and I:  Early/mid 30s
    Married 7/15
    TTC #1 as of 8/15
    BFP 11/21/15 -- MC confirmed 12/1/15
    BFP #2 2/18/16
  • MRSCORKER said:
    LauraPCOS said:
    Whenever I tell people I'm due October 10 and they get that "oh! Umm wow" response when you know what they're thinking, I respond "I was fat before I got pregnant" which makes them even more uncomfortable and I kinda enjoy watching them squirm.

@annabenanna I was thinking about third tri today! Trying to remember what week is technically the start of it lol and it's hard to believe we're in the home stretch, yet still feels so far away.
    To your first point, next time I get an inappropriate comment, I'm gonna tell them I'm not pregnant just to make them uncomfortable. To your second point, the start of 3rd tri is disputed just like the start of 2nd. I asked my OB and she said 27 weeks. Others have said 28 but I'll go with 27 because it's sooner! 
    Yeah, my one app even says it starts at 26 weeks. You would think they'd be able to decide on something as simple as that. Lol. I go with 27 weeks too just cause it's the average of everything I've heard. 

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• @ignoscemihi I did the same thing when I realized there were so many different answers to such a simple question. That's the other reason I say 27 weeks. Although you can bet that I started saying I was in the second trimester right at 13 weeks and 3 days. Lol

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• I think it's 27 or 28 weeks...or right in the middle lol. I don't like that it's such a grey line. 
  • @simcal18  Oh man, I feel the same way. Especially since I have a very short torso, so I'm literally boobs, bump, legs. 

I felt so bad the other day at Motherhood Maternity. The first time I was there, one of the girls working was pregnant, and I thought they mentioned someone else who worked there who was also expecting or who had just delivered. So yesterday I went and was chatting with the salespeople as I was rung up. I turned to one of them, who was wearing a flowy top and looked a bit round in the belly and asked when she was due.... well, it turns out she wasn't pregnant. OMG. So mortified. I tried backtracking, but I think I was unsuccessful at it. I think that's the last visit to MM for this pregnancy!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Coming home outfits....

Keep in mind I am Southern and pretty traditional............Found a beautiful traditional white gown with blue piping on Zulily. I am so tempted to buy it right now. Let's hope DH doesn't get mad that I want to put his son in a gown  :)

Is anyone else going the fancier traditional route or just finding something cute? I know some people don't even do the "coming home outfit" thing. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @ibabyloveb87 We'll probably just do a cute onesie or pajamas.  I thought about a really cute printed nightgown with our first, but we couldn't figure out how that would work with the car seat.
  • We had somethings cute for our coming home outfit, but then DS had a poopsplosion before we left the hospital so plain onesie it was, lol. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• blaf322blaf322 member
    edited June 2016
    @nlane0723 ... I can't even handle the cuteness right now! So precious! :) 
  • @nlane0723 Ahahah! That sounds about the same for my DD. Your daughter is seriously TOO, TOO cute, though! 
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My pregnancy nesting and insomnia tonight got me motivated to try and get my daughters dresser all painted up. I'm still trying to figure out if this is my OCD in over drive or nesting.  :s
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ashleymn said:
    @kmolleltz I think I remember you saying you use a full squat potty. Do you give urine samples at your dr and do they have a regular potty or a squat?
    I do give urine samples every apt but my dr. office has a regular (western) toilet. However I just hover and manage to get it in the cup. Hah. 
    Though I have had to give urine samples at clinics with a squat potty and the hardest part was that I was wearing leggings and had to figure out how to hold my leggings out of the way and hold the little cup and not lose my balance. 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • My husband posted the squatty potty video on his Facebook and he was so amused by it after finding it recently....it made me wonder if he's been living under a rock but then I realized he doesn't Bump! 
  • So we don't own a car and rely on public transport 95% of the time which hasnt ever been a huge deal but suddenly I'm super paranoid about everything. I don't know if you can even understand what public transport looks like here but the main version is called a "dala dala" and its a mini bus (generally toyota hiace) that in America would sit 12 maybe? Here there is sitting space for 16 plus driver, plus "standing room". I think the fullest I've been on was 24 people

But anyway, today a guy got on and sat next to me with a hand saw. Just carrying a hand saw like its no big deal. No case or bag or anything. And all I could think about is that we are going to get in an accident and I will be impaled by this saw. 

Made it home safe and sound. But seriously, this paranoid imagination is too much! 
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • man with a saw..,oh hell no
  • kmolleltz said:
    the funniest is when people get on with live chickens in plastic bags. They have little holes cut out for just the head. Or sometimes they're carrying them without a bag.
    This image just made my morning. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @nlane0723 awwww that is seriously the cutest thing!!

@kmolleltz I. Can't. Even. with your life right now haha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MRSCORKER I'm so excited for that too! I've got a picture somewhere around this messy house of my husband with his son sleeping on his chest. I love it, but they're both so young in the picture. It was waaaaaay before I knew them. So I want a new one with this baby sleeping on him. And hopefully one of the baby sleeping on my son.  <3

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• @annabenanna I don't think it's appropriate to take pictures of random strangers on crowded public transport! haha

not my photos  -- public transport 

Inside an overcrowded (extended top) dala dala

The outside view. The color stripe indicates what area of town they are going to and the guy hanging out the window is called the "konductor" or konda for short and his job is to collect the money (approx 20 cents), watch for people who want to get on and to hit the side of the door twice to signal to the driver to stop. 
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • edited June 2016
    @annabenanna Ah! You're kinda evil!  :p We're leaving for our vacation Friday so I'm tryiing to be good, but yes!!!! So. Many. Sales. Uggggggh... And I want to start buying some stuff but my MIL is coming to housesit and she's very nosy...We haven't actually told anyone the sex yet so I know she will snoop! Let me live vicariously through you! What'd ya get?! 

Edited to add: Zulily is having a pretty great sale on baby gear! The PUJ bathtub set is usually $75, but on sale for $49.99. The PUJ was my favorite tub for bathing newborn DD. 
  • @annabenanna Those are such cute finds!!! Not frivolous! I mean, baby boy has to look good, too, right? I've put a bunch of stuff in my shopping bag at Zulily and it's taking a lot not to press purchase...  :#