May 2016 Moms
Options

KC/JOCO Moms Groups

Not sure if anyone is still on here from KC Metro area / JoCo (there used to be a number of us). Anyway, I'm trying to find local mom's groups to join. I've looked on Facebook and MeetUp with limited results. Not sure if I'm using the wrong search criteria or if there are other sites/resources I should be looking at to find groups.

Re: KC/JOCO Moms Groups

• Options
    I'm from KC! I didn't realize there were several on here (at least at one point). I live in NE JoCo. I've been a mom for 9 years but have never been part of an organized group. I remember hearing a lot about the Brookside mom's group but that wouldn't be your area. Sorry I'm not helpful!
  • Options
    I've always heard about the MOPS organization. I quickly looked up the overland park group. I wonder if KC Parents magazine has any info on groups.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for your thoughts! I've done research on MOPS, but it sounds like it's for moms of 2-4 year olds, rather than newborns. Definitely correct me if I'm wrong on that!

I'll definitely check out KC Parents magazine! I just looked through an issue for the first time a few days ago, and it does seem to be a wealth of info.

I'm a transplant and it seems pretty tough to get to know people out here. Most people I've met are very nice but seem to be from the area and primarily associate with the people they knew growing up, or friends of their friends.
  • Options
    I totally read this as KC&JOJO..the R&B group....
    I need sleep.
  • Options
    folamij said:
    I totally read this as KC&JOJO..the R&B group....
    I need sleep.
    I was going to comment this same thing earlier. That's what I keep reading it as too.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    I'm in the JOCO area as well, but haven't heard or seen anything about a moms group. But it is very hard to get to know new people here if you didn't grow up here. PM if you want!