January 2017 Moms

6/26 - 7/2 week of appts/ ultrasounds/ blood work etc.

Did we all forget about this thread? 

What's going on this week? 
Previously PaukMeKiande
Surprise BFP/MC February 2011 
BFP May 16th 2016
EDD January 25 2017
DD born January 30 2017
Surprise BFP/MC April 2017

Re: 6/26 - 7/2 week of appts/ ultrasounds/ blood work etc.

• This might just be a slow next couple of weeks with the holiday? I have an appt next week with my MFM but nothing this week. 
  • I've got my first mfm appointment 6/30... Can't wait to see our babies. Then Friday 7/1 is our second appointment with OB pelvic exam, fun times... Looking forward to hearing and seeing them!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had my 12 week appt yesterday at 11 weeks 5 days. So wonderful to hear a strong heartbeat! Our appt was only like 10 minutes. My
    midwife listened to the heartbeat, asked how everything was going and then said do you have any questions? It just seemed so short! 
  • LJ623LJ623 member
    I just had my initial OB appointment complete with pap smear...what fun! UGH!!  I wasn't particularly impressed by the midwife I saw today, but I know I'll see different doctors/midwives as the pregnancy progresses...

Next up I have my NT ultrasound on Friday.  Assuming all goes well there, we will probably announce this weekend!

BFP: 1/31/15; MMC: 3/31/15
    BFP: 4/26/16; Baby Girl Born: 1/3/17
    BFP: 10/1/21; EDD: 6/10/22
  • My 12week appointment is 6/30. Looking forward to hearing the heartbeat! 
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
  • I've been MIA on this board for a few weeks! I'm not working much over the summer and hate mobile bump... 

I've got my second appointment today at 13 weeks. It will just be a quick heartbeat check I'm sure. I do have to take the glucose test early today. For whatever reason my kidneys like to spill glucose even though they can never find it in my blood to be diabetic. I had to take the glucose test twice last pregnancy too. It's not fun, but at least this time I am 13 weeks and my ms is mostly gone. Last time I was 9 weeks, sicker than a dog, and they made me do it first thing in the morning after fasting for 12 hours. Talk about sick! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm so excited for you all! I've got my first "real" appointment at the birth center on Friday (instead of just the orientation). I have no clue what to expect though.
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    Surprise BFP/MC February 2011 
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
    Surprise BFP/MC April 2017
  • NT scan today! Baby looks great, measuring 13w4d (I'm 12w today), heart rate of 155. Got a little hand wave action here.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Official OB appointment 6/30.  Since finding out last week that one of the twin babies didn't have a heartbeat I am very nervous about this appt. Not sure what they will all do but I'm sure I will get another ultrasound to check on baby b. 
  • Finally had our first appointment with our midwife today! I am 9 weeks 3 days. The first part of the appointment consisted of speaking with the nurse who did our pre-appointment screening last week and reconfirming some details and than an overview of future appointments (frequency, etc.), when to call versus emailing, discerning between "normal" and atypical symptoms (particularly any bleeding or cramping issues), diet and vitamins, etc. Then we met with our midwife to chat a bit further about more of the same and how I had been feeling prior to a brief physical exam where she indicated everything feels the way it should for this point. After that and to our great surprise (as we had been told the first ultrasound wouldn't be until 18-20 weeks since we are declining genetic testing), she wheeled in a small ultrasound machine and we were able to view our little bean! Baby C is right where he/she should be with the yolk sac clearly visible, and we could see the heart flickering away!!! As this was more of an informal "let me see if we can see anything" versus a formal ultrasound with measurements, etc. we didn't get a read of the hearbeat but she felt everything looked good. They did not do a doppler for the hearbeat as she said she typically can't hear it until 10 weeks or later (which I was at first disappointed in because I had read otherwise on here, but since we got to see a brief peek of the baby and all looks good so far, I was less concerned about).  They also took blood and urine to run all the standard tests. My next appointment will be next month with one of the OB's as it is a joint practice where they have midwife patients also meet with an OB at some point so that should a medical intervention become necessary during labor, they midwife does not "lose" me as a patient because as a joint practice they then co-manage my care. Definitely feels more real now and I feel SO relieved to just know that there IS actually something in there and so far it appears to be where it's supposed to be! I know there are so many unknowns and what ifs and the road to becoming a parent is letting go of thinking you can control all of that, but I was fighting a lot of anxiety leading up to this first appointment - even though I have had no issues to cause concern. My husband was with me today and afterwards we told each of our only surviving grandparents who both started crying and then we told some of our siblings, so it has been a really special day! <3
    Erin - Boston, MA 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Official OB appointment 6/30.  Since finding out last week that one of the twin babies didn't have a heartbeat I am very nervous about this appt. Not sure what they will all do but I'm sure I will get another ultrasound to check on baby b. 
    So sad to hear about that - fingers crossed everything goes perfectly well at your upcoming appointment!

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sooooo i had my 12week appt. Today. Met with my OB who was amazing! Plan today was to just find a heart beat with doppler. She was unable to find one so i was nervous and she was like "I'll get you into ultrasound today so you are not left hanging." to my surprise we got an US today!!! There IS a baby and he/she looks great and was squirming lots. I was so relieved because i told my OB i was worried this was all some cruel joke because i feel 100% normal. It was nice to have that reassurance that baby is there and has a beautiful heart rate of 170!!
    However we did find that im further along than we initially thought. I'm actually 12w6d instead of 12w0d. So my due date changed from January 10 to January 4th. I'll be 13 weeks tomorrow! I'm so happy/excited. I'll share pictures once i figure out how to edit out my name and upload a pic using mobile (we don't have a computer)
  • 7/1 NT scan and an appointment with an OB. Excited to see my little bug. We are also planning on making it Facebook official that day. 
    So sad to hear about that - fingers crossed everything goes perfectly well at your upcoming appointment!
    Official OB appointment 6/30.  Since finding out last week that one of the twin babies didn't have a heartbeat I am very nervous about this appt. Not sure what they will all do but I'm sure I will get another ultrasound to check on baby b. 
    Ditto on that! Keeping you in my thoughts! 
    Erin - Boston, MA 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had my 12 week appointment today. The doctor commented multiple times that we have s a very active baby on our hands. FX for all the upcoming appointments!
  • CoUnTryBB1CoUnTryBB1 member
    edited June 2016
    Had the nt scan today and baby is great, good heartbeat and moving all around.  I had the maternity21 draw and ask to not find out boy/girl. fast foward to u/s and pretty sure baby is a boy.  The tech went over the goods real quick and i was like holywow i think i know what that is and she just laughed and said yeah that is an early show!  Waiting for a/scsn to confirm though.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Sorry I thought I posted this week. Maybe it was a dream lol. I have an appointment tomorrow. Please send any additional prayers or well wishes you may have extra. Im very nervous. 
    ** Highschool Sweethearts ** 
    Married: February 14, 2009

MC: June 6 2010 @ 18 weeks
    DS: December 19, 2011
    MC: October 2, 2015 @ 14 weeks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm waiting at my ob now for my 12 Wl appt.
  • NT scan today!  I'm not looking forward to the 1+ hour drive to get there but excited to hopefully see the babies.  

@SarahS11 I can't even imagine doing the glucose test with full-blown MS, that sounds horrible!  Glad you got to do it a little later when you were feeling better this time.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I feel so behind. I FINALLY had my first appointment today (the doctor was on vacation for almost a month). I'm only 9w4d so today was the dating scan, Pap smear, and lots of blood work. I'm a STM (my daughter was born in April 2014), but I'd forgotten how much they do at your first appointment!
  • Had my appointment today and it went great! Found the HB super easy and was in the 150s. I had lost a 1lb, but no worries, nothing like last time where I lost 15lb in my first trimester! 
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
  • I had an appointment on Monday at 12+5. It took her a minute but she found baby's heart beat at 158bpm. What a relief! 
  • had my second appointment at 9+6 a few days ago. didn't do much. answered some questions (i have a lovely OB). found HB with doppler literally like a second after it was on. got some rx for acne, which is driving me crazy. transferring my care to a different ob 8/1, unfortunately.
  • Here is our little one!!

The technician said they are worried if the fluid measures more then 3 and we were at 1.7 

The baby was dancing around just like his/her mama complete Elaine style!! He/she even shifted their head from the left side of my belly to the right. This is one active baby!!

I have the best news aside from of course all the wonderful news I just shared...

My husband has chosen to be on team green with me!!! His adult daughter really wanted to find out and so did he. My worries were that eventually the whole family would find out and since we see one another every Friday for dinner someone was going to spill the beans (no pun intended)

I argued my facts and finally after weeks of the anxiety he came to team green for me.

Let me tell you that... I started crying like a crazy person then hugging him ...and cryinh...and hugging.

He was like.... who are you? Since I am usually very composed. And I said "you make hormone monster real happy nom om om"
  • LJ623LJ623 member
    Had my NT scan this morning, and things looked good! Baby is measuring right on schedule with a heartbeat of 169 (I'm 12w5d) and the nurse said afterwards that the NT measurements looked normal, so that is helpful (I think I saw 1.7-1.9 mm on the screen when the tech was taking measurements). This is just such a relief, and I think DH and I are going to start spreading our good news this weekend...still haven't decided if we'll do a formal fb announcement, but we have quite a few calls to make before we would do that anyway!

BFP: 1/31/15; MMC: 3/31/15
    BFP: 4/26/16; Baby Girl Born: 1/3/17
    BFP: 10/1/21; EDD: 6/10/22