September 2016 Moms

~*~Tuesday Ticker Change~*~

For babies due 9/6, 9/13, 9/20, 9/27

How many weeks?

What size?

Upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? 

GTKY: What is currently at the top of your to do list?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: ~*~Tuesday Ticker Change~*~

• For babies due 9/6, 9/13, 9/20, 9/27

How many weeks? 28 weeks, definitely 3rd trimester now!

What size? An eggplant, my favorite!

Upcoming appointments? 2 weeks. Just had one yesterday! Baby is head down and hopefully stays that way. Glucola test and rhogam tomorrow. Blegh.

Rants/Raves/Questions? All of a sudden I am dealing with insomnia. Not. Cool. Also, sorry about not starting the thread last week! We were on vacay and I forgot!

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? I guess the insomnia bit.

GTKY: What is currently at the top of your to do list? Set up DS1'S big boy room so we can then work on the new nursery. I'm making his new bedding with my mom so need to get moving on that!
    Pregnancy Ticker

How many weeks? 30! HOLY MOLY! 30!!!!

What size? Zucchini, a platypus without a tail (come on now, there's gotta be a better animal), cantaloupe, motorcycle helmet (this sounds very accurate)

Upcoming appointments? Next week

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant - I don't like how maternity shorts just kind of slope up to the full panel.. leaves a lot of loose fabric at my waist.. I've started wearing a belt with them although there's no belt loops just to give my bump more definition. Rave - I am loving being busy this summer, time is a-flying!

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Symptoms - not many, Cravings - Feeling very peckish, want to snack sun up to sun down. Salty or sweet. No aversions.

GTKY: What is currently at the top of your to do list? Currently - clean up the house for our Baby-Q this weekend, especially cleaning up the nursery a bit (still have the step stool, paint cans, etc) because I know people will want to see how it's coming along.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • LizC216LizC216 member
    edited June 2016
    How many weeks? 30

What size? Zucchini

Upcoming appts? July 12th - 32 week appt.

Rants/Raves/Questions: I'm tired and super congested. I miss getting good sleep!!

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions: Eating is still tough, especially with the heat. Pregnant or not I tend to eat less when it's super hot out. It takes me forever to decide what to eat. I will say that I got a hot fudge sundae from McDonald's yesterday and it was amazing!

GTKY: What is currently at the top of your to do list? It's just a bunch of little chores/things that I want to get done before we leave for the beach this weekend. I also have to decide on an app or dessert to bring for the 4th.
    bfp: 09.22.10   m/c 11.05.10 @ 10w5d
    bfp: 10.02.12  m/c 11.05.12 @ 9w3d
    bfp: 05.15.15  m/c 06.25.15 @ 9w6d
    bfp: 09.22.15  m/c 10.20.15 @ 8w1d

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

How many weeks? 27! Third tri?

What size? Deflated basketball or lettuce. Totally the same

Upcoming appointments? July 5th. I did my glucose challenge and iron studies last Monday and so far no call from OB saying anything was wrong *knock on wood*

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave: We got and put together our travel system this weekend! We ordered the Graco click connect jogger and 35 pound car seat. It was 2015 model so we got it all for around 250. Hubby is psyched that the green color is the same as the Philadelphia Eagles throwback jersey

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Heartburn and always waking up with something in pain. Otherwise, pretty fortunate.

GTKY: What is currently at the top of your to do list? Figure out what we are going to do for a pediatrician. Likely, well be living in our current house for about a month with baby and then moving to our new house an hour south. Do I get a pediatrician here for a month and then transfer or suck it up and drive an hour to appointments for the first month? I'm thinking an hour drive is going to be a bit much for a newborn.
  • How many weeks? 29 weeks!

What size? New England cottontail rabbit

Upcoming appointments? 30 week appt and growth u/s a week from today. 2 week appts have started! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm being induced sometime in my 39th week (medical reasons), and I'm freaking out that I'm down to 10 weeks. That's not enough time!!!!

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? No cravings/Aversions. My usual symptoms. 

GTKY: What is currently at the top of your to do list?

Um... create a to-do list is the top of my list. I'm at a stalemate on the nursery until the carpet gets installed (no date on that until it comes in). Waiting on buying anything right now until we get our completion discounts. I know there is stuff I could be doing, and that is why I need to create the list. 

• AnnaS930AnnaS930 member
    edited June 2016
    @Thscary - I'd snag a local pediatrician for that first month. Typically a baby has to be seen within the first 48 hours of discharge from the hospital - so there's 1 appointment. If baby has any signs of jaundice they'll want to see him again for some bilirubin draws and checks.  Emmett's cord stump looked a bit infected so we were back within a week/10 days from birth.  Then if the house gets delayed at all you might have another well-baby check before you move.  That's quite a bit for an hour in each direction.

Edited to add: This was only my experience. You might just have that 1 appointment and not need the pediatrician again.. no real way to know!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • AnnaS930 said:
    @Thscary - I'd snag a local pediatrician for that first month. Typically a baby has to be seen within the first 48 hours of discharge from the hospital - so there's 1 appointment. If baby has any signs of jaundice they'll want to see him again for some bilirubin draws and checks.  Emmett's cord stump looked a bit infected so we were back within a week/10 days from birth.  Then if the house gets delayed at all you might have another well-baby check before you move.  That's quite a bit for an hour in each direction.

Edited to add: This was only my experience. You might just have that 1 appointment and not need the pediatrician again.. no real way to know!
    I agree. We had 3 appts in the first month (the day after week got home from the hospital, 1 week, and 3 weeks), and they were all routine appts for our pediatrician's practice. That's a lot of driving with a newborn. 

• @AnnaS930 @camichael84 thanks for the input. I've been leaning towards starting out with a local doctor, and now I've made up my mind to do that. Thanks, ladies!
  • For babies due 9/6,9/13 , 9/20, 9/27

How many weeks? 29 (10 more weeks since I'm having a c/s at 39 weeks!)

What size? Hawaiian pineapple

Upcoming appointments? Next Thursday where I'll have a growth ultrasound

Rants/Raves/Questions? patiently waiting for my 3hr glucose test results to come in.

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? I've had insomnia for about a month now.  I normally can't get to sleep till around 3.  I've also started getting Charlie horses daily.

GTKY: What is currently at the top of your to do list?. I need to start getting the clothes cleaned.  And I want to start getting a back of diapers everytime we go to the store.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • BernieRaeBernieRae member
    edited June 2016
    How many weeks? 27

What size? Bunch of bananas. Funny that I remember already being an eggplant and a zucchini on certain sites. I guess produce to fetus comparison is not an exact science ;)

Upcoming appointments? Not for a couple of weeks as my 28 visit will be a week late due to scheduling conflicts. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? We ordered the crib and the mattress. The baby's room is a disaster right now, but it's getting there. 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? I really wanted pickled beets yesterday. No aversions. I'm feeling bigger in the last week. I took a 4 hour flight 10 days ago and then the return flight  a couple of days ago. I definitely felt bigger and more uncomfortable on the return trip. 

GTKY: What is currently at the top of your to do list? Baby gift thank you cards. And find a place for all of this stuff. 
  • SsoccerballSsoccerball member
    edited June 2016
    How many weeks?  29

What size?  Acorn Squash

Upcoming appointments?  Next week, then at 32 weeks, then every week thereafter

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Rant:  It now requires Herculean effort for me to get out of bed in the morning and do anything even remotely productive.   I feel like I could legitimately sleep 18 hours a day!

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?  Nothing, which is beyond weird.  I've always had major cravings with my pregnancies.  

GTKY: What is currently at the top of your to do list?  Finish the nursery and buy a new vehicle (a minivan).  They are inducing between 37-38 weeks, so I have 8 weeks or less left and it's truly shocking how much we don't have done.  
  • @camichael84 I'm having my c/s at 39 weeks, most likely Sept 6.  Hoping I will be able to schedule it next week.  I keep counting down to DH and I think this week when I said 10 more weeks it finally hit him!   I'll probably start freaking out next week when we are in the single digit countdown.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @618mom22boys I'm freaking out about 10 weeks, but I'll probably be more freaked out by being in the single digits. Time has been going by at super speed.

• @618mom22boys I'm freaking out about 10 weeks, but I'll probably be more freaked out by being in the single digits. Time has been going by at super speed.
    I'm usually surprised when it goes down the day after my ticker change. So tomorrow when it says 9 weeks 6 days.. I think it will really start to feel like crunch time.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • School is out for summer and it's feeling like it's flying by so much more than when school was in session.  Definitely feeling the pressure of only so much time to get things done!  DS1 was born at 34 weeks so I feel like I have to have it all done by then *just in case*
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Thscary I'll be the opposing opinion.  Even though my son was born early and spent 12 days in the NICU, he only had the one appointment at his pedi and then didn't need to come back until 2 months because he had consistently gained weight and the bilirubin was addressed in the NICU.  But granted, my experience is tainted because likely had he been born on time and bilirubin was an issue, I'd have had to go back a few times.  Is there a way to break up the 1 hour drive? (Like a BRU or BBB in between where you could just hang out, nurse, change diapers?)  Or maybe call the two pediatricians you'd be thinking of going to and ask their opinion? They'd likely have a more generalized opinion on what typically happens with newborns? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • jensoujensou member
    9/6/2016 I'm 30 weeks today! 7 weeks to go!!!  
    Size; zucchini 
    Appts; next Wednesday
    Symptoms ; all the heartburn and has and constipation a person should have in their lifetime combined. 

GTKY; top of my priority list - cleaning my house for this weekend's BabyQ. My bestie who's deployed in Bahrain is coming home on leave Friday and I can't wait to see her. My mom is coming up Saturday. And so are my in laws. I'm so excited. 

@AnnaS930 I swear I'm not copying you! Enjoy your Babyq / BBQ this weekend and I hope you don't get the rain we're forecasted to receive in coastal Virginia. 
  • AnnaS930 said:
    @618mom22boys I'm freaking out about 10 weeks, but I'll probably be more freaked out by being in the single digits. Time has been going by at super speed.
    I'm usually surprised when it goes down the day after my ticker change. So tomorrow when it says 9 weeks 6 days.. I think it will really start to feel like crunch time.
     I didn't even think of it that way.  OK now I'm freaking out .
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @jensou - you'd only be copying me if your refrigerator had shit the bed on Saturday and had to spend all of today finding a new one to be delivered tomorrow just so you can shop for the BabyQ! AHHHHHHHH! But all seems to have worked out.. now just see how delivery/install goes!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @618mom22boys - I bring you your daily dose of Freak out! Your welcome!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • jensoujensou member
    Oh no @AnnaS930 !!! What unfortunate timing :( 
  • RG1RG1 member
    For babies due 9/6, 9/13, 9/20, 9/27

How many weeks? 29! So close to 30!

What size? 1 gallon jug of milk

Upcoming appointments? Growth ultrasound/echo in a week, and OB appointment

Rants/Raves/Questions? I was written off work until my next appointment, but I'm going to assume my OB is going to want me to continue to not work with clients, meaning work will not be able to accommodate that and I'll continue to be off. I feel bad raving about it, but its so nice not having to work!!

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Not much in the way of pregnancy symptoms! I was in the hospital Sunday night cause I'm having issues with my incision stitches healing from my appendectomy and they found some fluid under a break in the stitches which is causing me a lot of pain when I roll over, sleep, bend, etc. So I'm taking morphine for the pain until it goes away (hoping soon!)

GTKY: What is currently at the top of your to do list? We had a BBQ on Saturday and the back porch has some things I'm DYING to put away, but with my incision pain, I know I should just sit still. So mentally I'm telling myself there is nothing on my to-do list. Baby-wise, there's not much to do except wash some clothes we picked up at a garage sale last weekend!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker