Baby Names
Options

Avelina/ Evelina

noelani42noelani42 member
edited June 2016 in Baby Names
Husband and BFF completely shot down Isadora....came across these on a baby naming website, apparently British in origin...I've never heard them before but they are growing on me quite a bit...thoughts (and which do you like better)?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Avelina/ Evelina

• Options
    I think they're both derivatives of Avila. Evelina has a slight edge over Avelina in my book, but it's just due to personal preference as they both have a very pretty, feminine sound to them. You have several NN options with them as well. Lina/Lena, Eve/Eva/Evie, or Ava.
  • Options
    I like Evelina. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I prefer Avelina over Evelina, since Evelyn and Evangeline are trendy here.
  • Options
    @BumpasaurusRex She doesn't really have a say, but I do value her opinion, and so I asked her for it...if that makes sense...

• Options
    Are they both too close to my other daughter's name? Eliana (currently goes by Ellie for the most part)

• Options
    noelani42 said:
    @BumpasaurusRex She doesn't really have a say, but I do value her opinion, and so I asked her for it...if that makes sense...
    It makes perfect sense, I get it. 

Its just hard to get two people on board, never mind 3! 

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Options
    Lol very true @BumpasaurusRex Although, I think that if my hubby and I both fall in love with something, I won't even ask her...it was just since he wasn't feeling it that I brought her into it...

• Options
    noelani42 said:
    Are they both too close to my other daughter's name? Eliana (currently goes by Ellie for the most part)
    Personally I think they're too close to Eliana, especially if you spell it Evelina. Love Isadora though! I hope your husband changes his mind!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    With Eliana,  it's a bit too matchy for me. (I preferred Avelina. Evelina is just too similar to Evelyn for me)
  • Options
    I'm a fan of Avelina. I think it both looks and sounds beautiful!
  • Options
    I was going to say I prefer Evelina, but then I saw you already have a daughter named Eliana and I think they'rd too similar. So Avelina by default, although if it was me I'd keep searching!
    Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I like Avalina much better!
  • Options
    I would keep looking. I think something like Isadora that's much more different is a better compliment to the sibset

• Options
    Avelina makes me think of Javelina  :/ Sorry.
  • Options
    too close 
  • Options
    Thanks for all your input everyone!

• Options
    I think Eliana and Aveline work together (Evelina and Avelina are too matchy imo). Plus then you can have nn Ellie and Ava, which is cute.
  • Options
    Too similar to your other daughter imo
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I just gave my daughter the middle name Avelina. I think it's beautiful although I do get a lot of questions over pronunciation so that might be something to consider. 

Me 31 DH 41

TTC #1 since August 2014
    RE August 2015
    Surprise BFP! September 1, 2015
    IT'S A GIRL!!!
    Baby Eden born 5/11/16 <3<3<3