January 2017 Moms

Randoms 6.27.16

TinaBelcherTinaBelcher member
edited June 2016 in January 2017 Moms
What's on your mind this week?

Re: Randoms 6.27.16

• Has anyone seen @BAJDesigns? I'm hoping she's around, just in a thread I haven't clicked yet... 
  • Vivi20Vivi20 member
    Here's my random. Yesterday I had a total and complete meltdown, I'm talking ugly crying with snot all over my face and moping around afterwards for *hours* because.......my veggie burger wasn't made correctly. We had gone out to take daughter to this park, and on the way I became ravenously hungry for a garden burger. So we stopped at this little diner and I ordered one. They brought it out to us, and it was wrong. They made it completely wrong than how I requested. I was irrationally upset about it, but I didn't show it when I took it back in to get fixed. I remained calm and pleasant. Well, they brought it out a second time, and it was still WRONG. At this point, our daughter was crying to get to the park, I was now sobbing uncontrollably about my messed up veggie burger. It was a mess. My poor husband.
    Looking back on it now, it's terrible I was so devastated over something completely irrelevant. But that's what happened. And for the record, I normally NEVER act that way. Especially over something as trivial as food.
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSave
  • Loading the player...
  • @jlea05 I had a meltdown over frozen peas in the grocery store when I was pregnant with DS.  I also had a meltdown when I couldn't find a specific chocolate bar.  When you're pregnant, food is serious business.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Not just food! DH and I moved to a new state two weeks ago and it got to be really late the day that we moved in and I got really sad because I was really thirsty and we didn't have anything cold to drink, Just barely cool tap water, and our ice maker hasn't made any ice yet. I can't for the life of me understand why that made me so sad. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• @TinaBelcher I saw her post in the Wednesday ticker change thread this week and the coffee thread a few days ago, hopefully life has just got crazy for her and she'll hop back in soon!
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
  • Everyone at work is starting to find out I'm pregnant. Why do men and women insist on telling you awful pregnancy and labor stories? Because that's just what you want to hear at this moment in your life. I appreciate the excitement and congratulations - but seriously?
  • colleenkevincolleenkevin member
    edited June 2016
    @jlea05 a couple of weeks ago, my brother was visiting and we got take-out for dinner.  My husband and I ordered the same burger and I got an appetizer to split with my brother.  When my brother and I finished the appetizer I cut into my burger and realized it was med rare - WAY too rare for me, but exactly the way my husband likes it.  I look over at my husband and see that he almost half-way done with a perfect medium burger (MY BURGER).  I burst out into tears on the spot because he was eating my burger and I was stuck with a burger I couldn't stomach eating.  Of course, he gave me the rest of the burger he was eating and I was full after having only that half because I'd eaten an appetizer too, but I was a mess anyway.  

my random is that I'm flying to OH for work tomorrow and I know I should be getting things ready (packing, making lists for my mother and husband for while I'm gone, etc.) but I'm not because I'm feeling lazy.  Instead, I'm pretending to do work and eating cereal.

*Edited for grammar

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @TinaBelcher I saw her post in the Wednesday ticker change thread this week and the coffee thread a few days ago, hopefully life has just got crazy for her and she'll hop back in soon!
    Oh good! thanks for the heads up, I was getting a little worried about her m/s!
  • @jlea05 last pregnancy in my second tri, I was ordering breakfast at panera and mid order, the teenage worker tells me it turned 11, so mid order I couldn't order my order. I was so freaking mad I ugly cried and left. My husband came out to the car and we went somewhere else but I am still pissed at that stupid girl. What the heck customer service is that? I mean really? Mid order??
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Vivi20Vivi20 member
    Hahahahaha!! Everyone else's food stories and meltdown stories are awesome. And make me feel less crazy. So thank you.
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSave
  • cjs260cjs260 member
    @ThePax89 Me! Lord help the poor girl I terrorized who had to remind me that chikfila no longer carries coleslaw. I didn't say anything to her but the look I gave her could kill. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• Praise yeezus. @cjs260. That bitch shoulda whipped you up a batch. You are growing a human. This morning I yelled at DH before work because we don't spend time together anymore. (He's a saint. He sleeps with our toddler every night, so I can sleep through the night) 
  • @ThePax89 Umm...Me! Once it's all said and done, I can't even deal with how ridiculous I've acted. I'm not gonna lie, sometimes I like the new no filter hormonal personality!
  • @ThePax89 Me me me me!!!! And I always feel SO bad afterward. Hubby is a saint and just rolls with all these wacky emotions. :D<3 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @Litzi. Congrats!!!!!! Celebratory nap. 
  • LecoolLecool member
    @ThePax89 I'm totally an asshole right now. Pretty much everything annoys me and I turn into a rage monster. Five seconds later, I'm not mad anymore and feel awful for my H because he's just standing there looking completely stunned/confused about what just happened haha.

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

• I don't feel guilty. Whoops. 
  • I am not trying to be dramatic, but if I don't get ice cold apple pie in my belly right now, I'll explode. 
  • @ThePax89 Me! But, TBH this is me not pregnant. Honestly, I think I am a little more aware of the hanger now and can cope. Prior to being pregnant I would not be hangry and not realize it until I had eaten.

Food is very frustrating for me right now. I feel hungry all the time, but 4-5 bites in I am full and done eating. I feel like I can't go out to eat because I get full from the app, so only pick at my meal. But by the time we get home, I am hungry again for my mostly untouched meal.
  • Litzi said:
    today was my last day of residency. i don't know what to do with myself. celebrate vs go to bed? its so weird.
    Woooooooo! Get it girl!!! That's quite an accomplishment!! 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• @ceclarlinetlo @ThePax89 thanks so much! celebrated by having some cheerios and going to bed early
  • I got my first bug bite last night since becoming pregnant.  I haven't worried at all about the Zika virus, but now I'm paranoid.  
  • JayneL99 said:
    I got my first bug bite last night since becoming pregnant.  I haven't worried at all about the Zika virus, but now I'm paranoid.  
    My mom told me my dad's all paranoid about it on my behalf.  He hasn't said anything to me, but apparently every time he sees a mosquito, he says,  "I hope her doctors have warned her about that virus!" Oddly enough, it didn't come up at my appointment at all (only have had one so far). I'm taking that as a sign that it's not really something I need to know about since I'm not going out of the country at all. If I'm mistaken in this, someone please enlighten me!
  • @karaelaine1991 last I heard all US cases were still from travelling out of the country or sexually transmitted from someone who had been. I could be wrong too but I feel like if it was suddenly popping up in our area my doctor would have said something or the news would have warned people. 
  • hubs and i made the decision to buy our first home after we found out i'm pregnant and i have been a wreck about it and i cant figure out why. i've been  very mopey this week. and all i want to do it sleep. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Vivi20Vivi20 member
    I don't want my MIL at my daughter's birthday party. I'm a horrible person. But I do.not.like.her. I DON'T LIKE HER! She's needy, emotionally manipulative, EVERYTHING hurts that woman's feelings, and she is has zero understanding of boundaries. She thinks buying things for people will buy their love and loyalty, she's nosy as all hell, and is WAY over helpful. Like in a very annoying, pushy, overstepping way. I normally never drink alcohol ever, but on the rare occasion (2-3 times per year maybe) I am forced to be around her, I always drink wine because it makes it just a teeny bit more tolerable. But now I'm PREGNANT and can't drink. I'm pissed, because I want to be excited about and look forward to my little girl's party, but now all I can do is dread it because she'll be there.
    My husband doesn't really know the extent to which I loathe that woman. I won't tell him because it's his mother, and I love HIM, so I don't want to disrespect or hurt him.
    That's my random.
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSave
  • JayneL99 said:
    I got my first bug bite last night since becoming pregnant.  I haven't worried at all about the Zika virus, but now I'm paranoid.  
    My mom told me my dad's all paranoid about it on my behalf.  He hasn't said anything to me, but apparently every time he sees a mosquito, he says,  "I hope her doctors have warned her about that virus!" Oddly enough, it didn't come up at my appointment at all (only have had one so far). I'm taking that as a sign that it's not really something I need to know about since I'm not going out of the country at all. If I'm mistaken in this, someone please enlighten me!
    I live in Florida and I am not honestly worried. I talked to my doctor about and she isn't worried yet. All travel related at the moment. She also mentioned while there is a link to Zika and microcephaly, but we don't know if that is the only link, there are a lot of unknowns and fear mongering.

• I'm now freaking out about the prospect of getting a TDAP vaccine further down the line. I was lurking on another forum; some of the posters were discussing that they felt it was more painful compared to other shots they'd had to get. Annoying, whatever, guess I'll suck it up. Then another poster mentioned that she'd also disliked it because her "stomach is sensitive to casein". This is what set off alarm bells: I have a severe allergy to casein (a protein found in milk, for those not familiar).

After some frantic googling, I was able to find two brands that seem to be used for boosters: Boostrix and Adacel. Boostrix contains cultures grown in "bovine casein". Adacel contains cultures grown in "casamino acids". A couple articles (at least one found on some anti-vaxxer conspiracy-theory fear-mongering website, great) suggest that some milk-allergic children have had reactions to DTaP vaccines, though it kind of seems to have been luck of the draw: some lots were contaminated with traces of casein and some weren't.

My mom sent me my immunization records, and I received a series of 5 DPT shots between the ages of 2 months and 5 years, plus another at age 18. Was I taking a risk when I got those shots? Has the formulation of the vaccine changed since then? Are the risks for milk-allergic people just actually really, really minimal, and the incidences of allergic reactions just flukes? I really wish I knew.

Of course I'm planning to talk to my doctor/midwife, but at the moment I'm also kind of feeling like it won't matter what they say: I'm strongly leaning towards opting out. I can just imagine being reassured that the risks of getting the shot are negligible, getting it, and going into anaphylactic shock. On the other hand, I'm extremely pro-vax, and if I skipped out on the shot only to have my kid catch pertussis or something, that would be a nightmare.

Ughhhhhh. Just needed to get that out there. I know I've got plenty of time to make a decision, but I really wish I didn't have to make one at all :/
    Me 32 | DH 32
    married 9/15
    DD: 1/17/17
    #2 due 7/26/20!

• @egilona  I can completely understand that fear!  I didn't know that vaccine contained that protein.  My daughter (she is 6 now), had an anaphylactic reaction to casein at 3 months old.  We were staying at my parent's house and she drank cow milk protein based formula for her first time, as I didn't have enough breastmilk with me to feed her.  She received all of her shots on schedule and never had reactions to those, so I'd assume the casein must be too little for the body to recognize.  Good luck with your decision!
  • @egilona I don't know anything about the formulation of the tdap vaccine but my DH and I both got it at the end of last pregnancy and I wouldn't say the shot itself hurt more than normal but it definitely was tender for longer than most shots. 
  • @egilona that's so scary - I had no idea that's how the vaccine was made.

Not the same at all, but the tdap vaccine sucked for me when I had it last time.  I had a 100.1 fever and felt ill for over 24 hours, plus I couldn't lift the arm they injected in without being in pain.  I'm hopeful that my reaction is more mild this time because it's the 2nd time in 2.5 years and I should have more antibodies than last time.

BabyFetus Ticker

• @jlea05 Oh I threw a tantrum because my roast beef sandwich came out a complete mess that it was hard for me to eat! Totally okay when cravings hit!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jlea05 I feel you on that! I absolutely can not stand my MIL. She is absolutely difficult to get along with.. not just me but all family members and what friends are left have a hard time with her. I'm trying to find a creative way where she can't come to my baby shower. I know she'll be embarrassing! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @karaelaine1991 last I heard all US cases were still from travelling out of the country or sexually transmitted from someone who had been. I could be wrong too but I feel like if it was suddenly popping up in our area my doctor would have said something or the news would have warned people. 
    That's what I thought! Thanks :)
  • AmRe214 said:
    JayneL99 said:
    I live in Florida and I am not honestly worried. I talked to my doctor about and she isn't worried yet. All travel related at the moment. She also mentioned while there is a link to Zika and microcephaly, but we don't know if that is the only link, there are a lot of unknowns and fear mongering.

Thanks! Yeah, I'd heard of the microcephaly thing - scary! I guess this is one of the few perks of DH and me having a nonexistent travel budget right now haha
  • cjs260cjs260 member
    @karaelaine1991 et al. Here is where you can check by state to see the number of cases and the number of vector acquired cases (local transmissions). I check this site pretty religiously, haha. Also, I will say that in rodent studies, Zika alone has been shown to cause microcephaly and other neurological birth defects. That doesn't mean that it works the same way in humans, but it's enough evidence for me to say it more than likely does.

As a reference, most research on drug use in pregnancy is also done in rodent models. So if it's good enough for drug studies, I personally would consider it good enough for Zika studies. Especially with the confirmation from the CDC/WHO that Zika has a role in the birth defects seen, whether it acts alone or not. However, I'd like to see such research performed in a more precocial animal or even a nonhuman primate model, but alas, that is another topic that I won't go into unless someone wants me to, haha. 

https://www.cdc.gov/zika/geo/united-states.html

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• @TinaBelcher You were right about my ultrasound picture! I found out at my NT scan today that our twins are mono/di not di/di like they originally thought.  I'm kind of freaking out over this change and the increased risks.  I did really like the perinatologist that I saw though, which was good since I'll be seeing him a lot now.
    Pregnancy Ticker