3rd Trimester
Options

Short arms= Down Syndrome?

So I just had my 32 week ultrasound done and they did measurements. My doctor recommended I go have a blood test for down syndrome done because my babies arms are measuring below the 5% percentile. She says that "she isn't concerned and everything else is where it should be". When I had my 20 week ultrasound done and they measured he was exactly where he should be. My results wont come back for another week or week and a half and he could be here by then. Has anyone else had this happen to them? What was the outcome?

Re: Short arms= Down Syndrome?

• Options
    I haven't, but ultrasound measurements are not exact and I have had two other measuremwnt scares that turned out to be completely wrong and not a problem with my DD. If he measured fine last time, try not to worry until you hear something definite because there's a good chance it could just be in error. Some babies are small and perfectly healthy too. Good luck. Wishing you good results.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So just filling yall in: My test results came back as Low Risk for Down Syndrome. Just thought I would let you know.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So just filling yall in: My test results came back as Low Risk for Down Syndrome. Just thought I would let you know.
    I am just seeing this, but this happened with my cousin. She tested low, but during her 20 week scan and a 3rd Tri scan, his femurs were short and they suspected Down Syndrome. She didn't do any additional testing, since her mom works with children/adults with DS, so she was prepared for all of the different scenarios that could arise. He came out perfectly healthy, just short (like his dad).