July 2016 Moms
Options

Anxiety about Labor?

I experienced a late miscarriage with my first pregnancy. Now I'm 39 + 1 with my second pregnancy and I haven't wrapped my head around the fact that I will likely be having my son in the next week or so. I am so scared he will stop moving or that he will not make it. Have any other moms with losses felt this way? I try to distract myself but I've become obsessed with monitoring his kicks and movements. I've had itchiness the past few weeks and my OB tested me for cholestasis at 37 weeks and my bile acids were only a 6. I can't stop thinking about all of the things that could go wrong. I want to enjoy these last days feeling my son's kicks and not be an anxious wreck. Any help? 

Answers

• Options
    Thankfully, I havent had any losses, but have been feeling very much like this. I think with the LOs running out of room, it increases our anxiety so much to feel less movement. Plus, being so so so close to the due date, we are symptom watching, and that only increases anxiety more! Be sure to eat some sugar/fruit/juice when you are feeling worried, and remeber that you are almost there, and your little one will be here soon! Hugs! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you!!
  • Options
    @mjmardel What @sboston06 said, we have a weekly check-in for us PGAL ladies, posted on Mondays but we tend to post on it throughout the week. It's a great support for our after-loss anxiety, awesome group!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow!