March 2016 Moms

HELP! Teething 2 month old!

DD is ten weeks old. At her 2 month checkup the pediatrician asked if she had been extra fussy/ drooling/ sucking her hands And I thought you know she has been. Pedi said that made sense because DD has a tooth coming in on the top left. My question is what can I do to help my poor little girl. Pediatrician said I could give her some Tylenol. I am not too keen on starting with Tylenol already (however after trying everything I could think of I did give her some and unfortunately it does not seem to be helping). I've tried a wet wash cloth and a cold pacifier. Family keeps telling me to put some cold fuit in a mesh teether and let her suck on it but she is WAY to young. I wouldn't even consider giving her any 'real' food yet. What have you tried? And what has worked for you? Obviously I am going to see what the pediatrician recommends but any of your suggestions are welcome!

Best Answers

Re: HELP! Teething 2 month old!

• melzsebmelzseb member
    Sorry I'm no help as my first son didn't start teething this early. Hope you find some relief. 
  • Thank you everyone for your suggestions! 
    We having had a few good dayss! She does seem to like sucking on the frozen breast milk wrapped in a wash cloth. 
  • kyraaDkyraaD member
    what about one of those teething rings? you can stick them in the freezer & they are apparently really great for most babies. also, gripe water is supposed to help with teething. maybe if she gets extra fussy/uncomfortable you can give her some of that to calm her a bit..? that's my plan for when DS starts teething. other than that, lots of cuddles from mama i think. sorry you guys are going through this so early.
  • I haven't tried any kind of oral gel. I'll definitely ask her pedi about it for later on. But as of now a wet wash cloth stuck in fridge to chill has been working wonders for us. (I have been soaking the corner in breast milk. She did NOT want anything to do with it when i wet it woth
  • amyidamyid member
    I hope she is a happier baby soon, my LO seems to be teething too but luckily she is a zero fuss baby.. gripe water seems to solve the slightest little grunt of unhappiness for us!